[Faction Warfare] Meaningful, Strategic Goals in FW.2.0

I thought a bit about the idea of having some systems that would give a bonus to the faction obtaining it, and there is a problem in that the Frontline is slow, and if a system is declared as a goal and is in the backend, then it will be forgotten before the War effort comes to it.

The solution: Make those Temporary Bonuses that appear on the Map as uncontested, and automatically open a new front for the two opposing sides.

For examples, Intaki could be designated as a Command system by Caldari and Gallente, and then both Caldari and Gallente could capture the system (and if a system can’t be unclaimed, have an event that ask one side to capture the system and another that has to defend it, like we are doing right now). Upon victory of a Faction, that faction would for example get a +50% bonus to all Manufacturing speed in the entire Warzone for 1 month, for example.

This makes sure that Bonused systems are always relevant and their bonuses are always thought about.

You are never going to make faction warfare viable until you make loyalty points taxable by corporations. This one major hole has always been the main problem with FW.

1 Like

The thing is, It depends on how the allegiance system works (and probally why it got pushed back) Pretty sure they understand that, which is why this is such a hard thing to actually get right.

As of now, when the system is released in november, it releases without the allegiance system. Later it will release with the allegiance system.

We need to be able to hopefully give some input on it, to allow there to be some type of symbol of allegiance that can’t be abused.

They mentioned that as something they are looking at at fanfest and elsewhere. Making a lot more categories corp taxable as well az automatically rewarding the Corp for increased participation in FW related activities.

I absolutely love your suggestions, and if implemented would jump my likelihood to re-subb from 0 percent to at least 50. Fac War was the reason I played the game for as long as I did from 2012-2015 approx, and the small fleet + what feels like large stake in terms of the Warzone was the X-Factor for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.