Gank Related Megathread Pt. 2

Well, we can begin rather small. Average Joe Newbro joins a Lowsec PvP corp with lots of vets, he sees them using BlackOps and Dreads regulary and decides that looks like a lot of fun and he wants that too. Skillbooks + a nice BO+Fit + a nice Dread+Fit and we are talking about several billion ISK already.

Whats your solution for him getting that ISK in a reasonable timeframe? (meaning a few months, because he for sure doesnt want to begin fyling that stuff in 2025 when the corp he is in now may not even exist any more)

I didnt say that. I just don’t believe for a minute that the intention for ganking is “protecting the economy”. It’s about fun and profit, nothing more, nothing less. And thats fine.

Then why don’t the gankers go there, trying to kill these “spamming” runners which are for sure quite a lot more hurting the “economy”? I think you know why.

And the handful runners Githany may protect are not even worth mentioning because in the larger picture they play absolutely no role imho?

In my opinion the gankers simply go after highsec runners because even while they are hard to find sometimes, they are pretty easy prey and there is neither resistance nor failure to be expected if you plan correctly, have a bit of patience and do not mess up badly. And the coming changes will increase their chances quite a bit.

1 Like