Gankers and freighters, a request for discussion. Not a BJ RANT

Why do you think there needs to be a change @Salvos_Rhoska?

Perma-bump is a crap mechanic.

That’s anticlimactic lol

Is what it is.
Dunno what you expected in your mind, but thats really all it is.

25mins is fine and supported as a hardcap so as to prevent perma-bumping and not impair gank action.

It impairs uedama style kill everything ganking. That’s a problem in my opinion

1 Like

25mins is enough to arrange a gank.

Its not enough time if there is a queue of freighters waiting to be ganked.

Then get more gankers.

Its not the problem of the perma-bumped target how many others you might be bumping at the same time till your fleet gets around to it.

If you’d like us to get more gankers, perhaps you’d like to invest in code bonds. We’re currently offering 100 bonds at 4% interest purchaseable at 1 billion isk each. You can check it out over at 100b Uncollateralized Bonds 4% [50b Held] .

1 Like

I already own a CODE share.

25mins is enough to deploy and gank a bumped target.
If you cant handle that, get better or get more gankers.

Yes but what if a horde of 12 auto piloters jump in at the same time. Surely they should get punished if we can bump each freighter.

That’s your problem.
If you dont have the gankers to engage 12 ships simultaneously, well, thats too bad.

Warping 12 ships in and autopiloting them is a valid mechanic that is not in dispute here.

I don’t think anyone has the gankers to engage 12 freighters at the same time. Thats asking a bit much don’t you think?

1 Like

Too bad, too sad.

Do your best with what you can in the 25min window from the first bump.

Note this is about perma-bumping first, and ganking second as a migratory effect to rationalize the bump timer.

25min is the current most supported duration.

How many bumped targets you can gank in that period, is entirely up to you.

I would like to draw attention to the fact that Salvos mentioned the 25 minute cap so often, that it is clear that he wants people to tell him that he is right.

Could you guys please acknowledge it already? Wtf, stop beating on the guy who does not realize that he is constqntly being made fun of by you. There is no point in this, at all.

■■■■■■■ Kindergarten…

1 Like

I agree.

Hardcap has largely been agreed to, and 25mins has been the recommended and preferred duration for it.

Thats not just from me, but many others.

Arguing with me alone about that is pointless.
Take it up with the others, or generally, if you disagree.

Well I’m quite positive that as chairman of the Bumper’s Union, my opinion holds much more weight than that of any other opinion in the ganking sphere. CCP would surely listen to what I have to say, and I say there should be no changes to bumping at all.

Take that up with Miniluv then.

On my part, you have about as much weight as a helium balloon.

Actually, the largest concurrance is No Change.

And I don’t expect to see any change any time soon. CCP has had ample time to shift ‘bump timer’ to another groups work queue, even if it’s still in the research phase. They haven’t.

I see too much work, and too much risk to the underlying mechanics, for far too little gain. They may as well, otherwise, it would have been addressed and not tabled indefinitely.

The debate was fun, but y’all’s squabbles belong more on C&P.

–Gadget read another 96 repeated responses

3 Likes

That’s a matter of opinion.

I see it as the opposite. Hardcap is a relatively simple fix, risks nothing and removes the bump issue off the table.