Gankers failing every day (CODE this time)

What was truly amusing was Destiny’s naïve suggestion as follows:

Was gloriously funny, but Destiny has no idea why.

Yesterday in the AG chat channel a new player detailed his Tayra loss to Safety. and the value was exactly 249m, funny co-incidence that.

Some guy lost 1.6bn ISK worth of stuff yesterday in a Tayra destroyed with just 2,500 damage by two gankers. Amazingly 11 of his 14 fittings slots were empty !

( and the guy has been in Eve 6 months ).

@Githany_Red Hold up there, I believe a line had been crossed when you insinuated that @Destiny_Corrupted is a part of some twisted 50 shades of grey rp with more than one owner then you messed up big time. Not only suggesting that sounds a lot like you are hinting that @Destiny_Corrupted would be account sharing? quote; “Githany Red, I just hope her owers intent is to play her that way.”

false information in an attempt to gain from it or have someone else suffer from it

Calling @Destiny_Corrupted pathetic is all on you Githany Red. Through my eyes noone is pathetic, not even you!

1 Like

That is a new player, the interesting thing about the player in the AG channel was that he was trading between hubs and had done so since he had started playing. And that was the first time he had been ganked. The player himself was impressive for having made that amount in such a short space of time. His fit was almost good, but he had failed to develop the ability to do the MWD cloak trick and had a hull repper in his mid’s, but his lows were fast align. So it was a good try, I pushed him to learn the MWD-cloak trick. I told him to always use the improved cloak not the cheap one.

The guy you detailed is pretty typical of people that don’t think, it is one of the reasons gankers make so much ISK and they often take it from players that are new and vulnerable other than anyone else.

There seemed to be some upset in the AG chat channel when I pointed out that many players were stupid and made it to easy for gankers. Someone decided to call me a bitter forum warrior, but I asked him what I was bitter about as I had not lost a single hauling ship to gankers? He could not answer that, LOL.

That may be the case…but from what I have observed in corp chat most noobs are not hauling 250m ISK worth of stuff within days of joining. Far more typical is a case I saw a few days back where some guy in the corp was fretting that he’d forgotten to bring 500K worth of ore with him when moving to corp HQ. I gave the guy a donation and told him it wasn’t important.

The guy with the appalling Tayra fit seems to have been in Eve 6 months or so. I don’t know how in all that time a person could fail to grasp they need to make good use of all slots. Also, from what I have read…his expanded cargo fittings actually weaken the structure and make him more gankable.

I know I’m not the fastest learner…but I feel like Einstein by comparison.

Please leave me out of y’all’s hate-hate relationship.

I merely wanted to add color to Destiny’s statement about weird different groups being allies to different parties in messy wars with no clear boundaries.

I don’t think so, I think that was giving passive support to Destiny by replying to Destiny’s post. If you did not want to get involved you would not have posted that. I have seen you do that before, but whatever…, you will only deny it.

And on to more important matters:

Depends on what you define as a new player, I tend to think a year or even two years is new, depending on the intelligence of the player concerned. This player was impressive because he was trading between markets, and he made that ISK in a short while doing that. But he lost everything and has to start again, classic example of the impact. As he was asking in the AG chat channel for fitting advice I think he will continue.

If you do much AG you will find that stupid people are actually the norm, though it is possible that many have not been shown the right way too, as I was reminded by people in the AG chat channel and there is truth in that.

You mean like how it took me a week to find out that it was Pandemic Horde who wiped out AO’s nullsec sov ? A week earlier I’d asked ‘who are we fighting ?’ and got no response. I had to look at the Dotlan maps to find out. I presume Pandemic Horde consists of so many sub-groups that ‘the enemy’ is harder to define.

That is because your alliance is not especially competent.

I think Governor Lee is a good corp leader. But it always baffled me that nullsec sov was 70 jumps from highsec corp HQ…literally on the other side of the galaxy…30 jumps of which were via nullsec. This meant either relying on a ( very unreliable ) wormhole to get there…in fact the wormhole disappeared…or having to have multiple alts as clone jumping has the delay thing before you can jump back.

Of course its nice to have nullsec territory, but I always felt that far more pressing was things like the gate camp at 0.4 Kinakka…just 5 systems from highsec HQ…where AO ships were daily being destroyed. Perhaps we should not be claiming land far away when we can’t control our own back yard.

It is what you told me before, if alliance members have no idea what is going on then it is a lack of communication which is often deadly for keeping people. My comment was based on that and may be a little unfair.

In a game that is so easy to spy in, there are times that one would keep things quiet or tell only the top leadership, but if line members have no idea who is attacking them or not told what to do then it is poor management. Though they might not have bothered telling the hisec group because most won’t go into nullsec anyway and are not interested, it was wasted effort.

In terms of nullsec being 70 jumps away it could be that this was the space that they managed to carve out for themselves being away from big groups, or space that they were renting. Pulling up infrastructure from hisec is not really worth doing especially if people are happy to be there and don’t want to move.

Lowsec gate camps are like ten a penny, in any case most alliances would only care about the JF routes. If you had structures in lowsec and were trying to operate there than that may be difficult.

One thing for certain, being a small or medium sized alliance in this game is hard.

So I will retract my incompetent comment, there could be reasons that justify it.

My bad it was a typo owner it should have been , thxs for pointing that out .

1 Like

There’s loads of communication…but it’s largely a ‘we must prepare for battle’ type thing, and doctrine ships and so on, that I can’t comment on for obvious reasons. But yes…nobody clearly specified ( at least not to the highsec group ) who the enemy actually was…or indeed who the main allies are.

Oh well…I now have stuff to collect from asset safety, and fortunately its only 30 jumps.

I don’t know, man, I just find it funny. Look at this:

We have a person who’s literally admitting to being a “CONCORD whore” but unironically calling themselves an elite PvPer at the same time, talking down to someone who’s “declaring war on industrialists and non-combatants” and “catching war targets in their mining and hauler ships.”

Yet for some reason they, being a player in the profession of assisting such industrialists and non-combatants, aren’t willing to assist them against me, who is apparently the lowest form of player and a true bottom feeder.

Something’s just not adding up there. It’s like a cop watching a robbery in progress, and when asked why they’re not interfering, they say that it’s “beneath them” and that they “don’t want to waste their time dealing with weaklings.”

That’s some genuine derangement right there.

2 Likes

Dracvlad and Githany sure post a lot for people who publicly and repeatedly stated that they are boycotting this forum and would not post here again.

Untitled

Untitled

It was nice for the two weeks we didn’t have every single thread about Highsec cluttered up by two people who don’t even play the game.

1 Like

Does @Githany_Red even have a permit to post on the forums? :thinking: :smirk: :upside_down_face:

If this thread had more than 5 people in it, I’d think forum PvP was coming back. Too bad, CCP killed that when they took down the old forums and attempted to create a Kumbaya community of gambling addicts and gaming neckbeards. Not enough salt for me to resub on a serious level.

4 Likes

A lot of asset safety systems are camped, set up multiple instra undocks, preferably with one off grid and a 0 docking point on the station where the assets are. Check the docking radius of the station too and observe who camps it and their tactics and have fun getting everything out.

…or staring at the pretty explosions if something goes wrong. :sparkler: :wink:

2 Likes

That too, but a challenge is what Eve is all about.