Gankers failing every day (CODE this time)

Agreed. What I’ve meant is even if it goes wrong at least one can have fun watching the explosions… until getting podded. :slight_smile: So the journey is what matters not the end result and not to get angry at losses and whatnot, just embrace even the glorious fireball if that is how it goes as it is a one of a kind experience for sure so might as well have fun witnessing it. :star_struck:

2 Likes

I think its a system called Podion…0.1 security status. Naturally, I’ll be sending ‘expendable scout’ there to have a look first. In any case, the stuff in safety is things like my 800DPS Gnosis…which could do with a little combat ( I have 9 of them so losing one is no big deal ). Will make a change from zapping pods :slight_smile:

I wonder how many people get podded in Podion?

Yes, please do come to Podion. Please feel free to come to Derelik to move supers.

1 Like

Seems like even the Worst EVE Player can be a good ganker. Speaks volumes about the decrepitness of miners:

5 Likes

I have already moved asset safety out of Faspera in Derelik without losing anything, though your alliance mates did try. The good thing about Faspera is that it has two exit systems. I actually count that as one of my achievements in game, as it was 30 round trips in an Epithal. I estimated that I would lose 30% of my 25 Epithals I set up for this but ended up doing it without losing a single ship. I kept that Epithal and it is called Faspera Gold Star. It was a fun exercise all in all.

But I would say the number of people who did no prep was amazing.

2 Likes

Just looking at Zkillboard it doesn’t look all that active. Or have you scared everyone away ?

Funny catch Pilot name being “Worst EVE Player”

/Oh wait that is you o/

If I didn’t play I would not post , admittedly my eve time has been tight of late but the forums keep me going why I can’t log in.

Btw where did you go anywhere nice or just some time off

I had always been on the fence between ganking, non ganking or even indirect ganking such as market influencing with buying out every Catalyst on the HighSec Regional Market to a certain price point.

Have always been open with my intentions on both sides even offering future path possibilities as I can be a ganker and non ganker which brings the reason why I wanted to reply to your comment here is that the hate - hate relationship between the two groups should be seen as wholesome and good for the health of highsec interaction known (pvp)

1 Like

I’ve ganked people who are 2+ years old who claim to be “newbies”. I’m quite dubious of such claims. At what age do we draw the line that a player is no longer a “newbie”?

More ISK is killed in 1 region of HiSec than all of NullSec on a daily basis.

I mean, it is Player versus Player, even if one party runs away.

Unlike your targets… Destiny’s have a chance of escaping. And she has to do more than activate an ECM module from 40km away.

Maybe people shouldn’t anchor structures they can’t defend, or afford to lose.

Oh ■■■■, I wonder if that’s one I did? 2013-2014ish?

Drac doesn’t strike me as the type who’s made a lot of long-lasting friendships in EVE. Once you’ve been playing for a few years and have friends and contacts in various non-aligned groups, things can get very messy, very quickly. Part of the reason I love the game.

Jokes on you, most of us build our own.

3 Likes

Nuh Uh… we fly our own!

and…
\o/ We want to speak to your Princess!

[ 2022.06.08 01:41:21 ] EVE System > Channel changed to Local : Uedama
[ 2022.06.08 01:42:06 ] Iceacid Frostpacker > Zombiepilot \o/ We want to speak to your Princess!

/o\

And that surprises you? When you kill haulers and freighters carrying stuff to and from market I would expect high levels of ISK, that you don’t seems odd?

Well medium structures are now deemed to be throw away structures now by CCP, so it is by game design…

ROFL, why do you ganker types come up with such comments. If you want to think that then go ahead, I will add that to the list of stupid nonsense that you chaps keep throwing at me.

That’s an interesting statement (and I agree, gankers only get to take ISK from others, because people don’t think), more so for the second part:

they often take it from players that are new and vulnerable other than anyone else

Out of interest, I went and looked at whether that’s the case for Safety., as a group representative of gankers currently.

Looking at their last 1260 ship kills (not including capsules, themselves or other gankers):

Just from the data (and the ISK values are based on zkillboard prices):

• 30% of their kills are characters up to a year old
  • 90% of the value of their kills are characters older than a year
  • 35% of the value of kills comes from characters more than 10 years in the game

Characters older than 10 years generate 3 times the value of losses for Safety. than characters in their first year.

It doesn’t looks like the second part of that statement stands up to the data (at least for Safety.) and far more often, it’s anyone else other than new players that generate the bulk of possible ISK for Safety. from ganking.

4 Likes

Thanks for walking into the bait.

Caldari space has more ships killed than all of NullSec day to day as well:

:wink:

Ok.

@Scipio_Artelius - Can you do Solitude Pest Control and Tear Extraction next? I’m curious if that trend holds true for a corp that doesn’t gank around Jita.

I did use the word often and vulnerable in my sentence. In my opinion up to two years are new players based on capability and training. 45.79% of Safety kills are on what I would define as new and more vulnerable players. But this is not an argument, more of a clarification. Good information though.

It was not bait, I am still surprised that you are surprised.

No big wars atm.

But it’s fine.

You just don’t know enough about me to know that. As I said if you want to think that then go right ahead. o7

Thanks for conceding that, day to day, nullsec is safer on average. :hugs:

I know all I need to.

1 Like

It seems to have made you happy, so be happy. :slight_smile:

:hugs::grin::grin::hugs::grin::grin::hugs:

1 Like

I recall before my first trip to nullsec I had visions of utter carnage and a sort of lawless Wild West with Harmonica Man from Once Upon A Time In The West playing menacingly in the background.

Instead the reality was lots of mostly empty systems…I warped through 30 of them and never bumped into any of these shady characters…