How To Handle 'PvE Only'

I found the trig thing was different, and im sure many found it exciting and fun to participate in.

The scripted part some complained about…yeah Pochven was going to happen…the when and what systems were i think left mostly in the playerbases hands.

But the complaints of the scripting…i think CCP might have learned from that experience…the new FW stuff…Caldari have a gate in what amounts as enemy territory…and the Gallente dont…im curious what CCP intends with the Empire star transmuter things.

I wish CCP would have left the Triglavian roaming patrols in high sec belts and anomalies, as well as Emerging Conduits. That was fun. But, once again, new players and carebears were whining that they were getting killed by Trigs left and right, so they removed it…

2 Likes

same…on the other hand though…i remember when my friends and i did an experiment…with as many alts as we could…we spawned 90 of those conduit belts…only had to leave an alt in each one to keep it from despawning…and since cleared of trigs required scan probes to get…at 2.4 million m3 each…that was a lot of potential ore to mine.

Did lucas get himself a new alt?

It is precisely people like you who are destroying the game. It has already survived in its current ‘danger everywhere’ form for 20 years. It does not need adjusting to suit every lazy, entitled, whining crybaby in existence. I think I have finally reached a point of just telling such people that if they don’t like the game….leave. If you say the crybabys are leaving, then GOOD.

5 Likes

Still doing the PvE only while in there.

And yeah sure, tell me about how you gank Abyssals in Null Sov.

Its up to you to make the content.

it does need a large player base just look at starscape a game almost gone that was an mmo

1 Like

Guys you don’t understand we need to appeal to those pilots doing PvE:

Screen Shot 2022-11-15 at 17.04.09

I’m sure they’ll be very engaged in the universe!

And image, that Hateless was/is(?) and EvE partner.

I have no respect for people like that. Grinding away afk.

3 Likes

You keep blathering on about ‘total helplessness’ that is a load of nonsense.

Nobody is totally helpless. There are all sorts of fits a person can do to minimise the risk. Every mining ship can also carry drones, and collectively those drones add up…which is why mining fleets are safer. I was in a mining fleet the other day that collectively had 30 drones. I have also protected mining fleets…placing my 2000 DPS Raven in the middle of the fleet.

Even mining on one’s own, there is no ‘helpless’. All one has to do is add ganker groups to bad standing and you know the minute they enter Local. And there are all manner of mining techniques and positions that also reduce the risk.

I have never been ganked in over a year of mining. I do not feel even the slightest bit ‘helpless’. In fact the risk of being ganked makes the whole thing more exciting.

1 Like

There are many conceivable situations in Eve where a player can end up more or less helpless. For example if a player does not take or can not take every step that you mention, and more, to be relatively safe.
In my opinion this is a good thing, or has been (mostly) good.
The game needs the high risk. Though in the end such risk also comes at a cost to the number of players, and in turn, the sandbox. The downside is that some players will not be willing to take the risk of this or that activity. Or find it too tedious to be worth doing.
What I suggested was an attempt to add some incentive while removing as little risk as possible.

I want to believe Lucas Kell and not some advanced forum AI program.

I am curious if you can give me some examples of situations were high sec miners or haulers were just helpless no matter what precautions they took, and gankers got them.

I frequently afk mine and haul stuff from trade hub to another, and I want to know what I need to look out for @Cpt_Tirel.

(edited because no matter how many precautiosn I take I just spel gud)

I was obviously talking about scenarios outside of high sec. Other than that I am not sure where you are going with your questions. If you have any experience in Eve use your imagination. If not, this is not the right place for such questions.

One could equally argue about numbers who’d leave if highsec is made too boring. So it is not a one sided equation.

If players are not willing to take risk, they should not be in Eve. And there again, reducing the risk increases the chance that people will leave through boredom. Many, such as myself, thrive on risk. I often deliberately go out and do risky stuff that I do not ‘need’ to do. Eve really is not a game for the risk averse…and to make it less risky in the hope of attracting more people is folly.

You are right. Which is why I said that my suggestion attempts to add incentive without removing much, if any, risk. Incentive usually come in form of ISK in this game. Which is fine, but has its limits.

Sorry @Cpt_Tirel I did miss that you were talking about outside of high sec. You keep referring to “ganking” which seems to me to apply properly to high sec suicide ganking, so it was not obvious to me. Reading through your post about the battlefreighter it sounded like threads where people are asking for some defense against ganking in high sec.

I have to ask, wouldn’t a jump freighter be better defense again being caught rather than using some kind of battlefreighter?

As you whine and whine and whine about players whining.

Yes some measure of protection against suicide ganks was part of the module I suggested. But since suicide ganks is not a huge deal, as far as I know, when it comes to player retention it was also a minor point. However some players insisted on making this minor point the main point. And I guess that will continue.

Not everyone can, should or need to use a jump freighter. Single ships are not a solution or an answer to the problems of other ships.