How to Reintroduce Player Bounties

That was my assessment of who is and who isn’t new player. In the end it would be up to ISD to decide. If they find this to be toxic/griefing and unjustified they can surely remove that bounty from him. If they don’t well, this players has to HTFU or quit this game if it isn’t for him. That is how it always worked, some players just realized what this game is about too late.

No, but you made me realize that putting bounty on someone should additionally involve a small fee, in order to actually substract ISK from circulation not just change their owner.

All I can say is if your idea was implemented, there are several players that I can think of that I would place a bounty on so high that God himself couldn’t pay it off…

Yeah there were players with 100bil bounties on their head when I last played. It was a non issue. It wasn’t worthwhile to hunt them because you know - no limited engagement and only very small portion of the kill value was gained after kill anyway and additionally these players were aware of it and careful, in most cases they put that bounty on self themselves daring ppls to try kill them if they can.

It was never an issue, unless this was the reason behind CCP removing the system. Which I don’t know, I was absent when they removed it and I didn’t read that patch notes. And from what others wrote in this thread, the reason of removal was likely not revealed at all.

If someone knows please tell us.

To the players that keep setting up 0 isk ‘available to all bounties’

Thank you :relaxed:

Bounties should only be able to be placed on a pilot that destroys your ship (except for war)
Bounty hunters need license from Concord, 25% bounty for destroying ship (no reaction from Concord) 100% bounty for podding ( normal Concord reaction).

Instead of bounties on industrialists / miners, you pay a for a license, 1 day, 7day, 14 day that lists all market transactions for a named character allowing you to under cut / disrupt their marketing.

What about other legit combat scenarios like limited engagement (duel or simply the victim shooting a suspect who then kills in return) or killing a suspect or criminal or perma flashy or such? What about killing people in lowsec?

You need to think more broadly what a player can do is find an item that is not used at all and costs 1000isk then what they do is they trade that item for a month little bits at a time for 1mil then the market adjusts this value to the 1mil value and then they load their ship with it and kill it.

So now they have a 500mil frigate that actually costs 40mil and they can extract all the bounties easily like this. This is how the old LP as % of ship value was abused back in the day. And they used this to farm millions of lp easily.

Introduce a new mechanic similar to fw that you have to join a militia to become bounty hunters

First time I hear about that. Was that really a thing given the CPP’s calculating cost of an item differently (pretty much each kill is 1/3 of its worth on zkill) or just your wish?

What happens is the kill cost huge amounts at first, when the reward is calculated and when the price of the item normallises the Zkill amount slowly goes down. And yes people abused the crap out of it so CCP nerfed it into the ground then removed it.

The old system for bounties was a farce. People placing bounties on newbs just for yucks or simply being an a%%hole.
There should be a reason to place a bounty. War targets, gankers etc. If you engage in a duel that’s voluntary then you accept the outcome without throwing a fit.
Suspects and criminals are fair game and through bad behavior earned the tag.
In short the innocent victim gains retribution through bounties. Low sec has their moral code and don’t need incentive to kill.

I knew that the moon ore thieves will be against it :smiley:

Do you realize that having a bounty doesn’t mean you will actually become a target? Neither old system nor this new proposal is creating a limited engagement between bounty hunter and player with bounty. To legally shoot him you need to wardec such player (and that won’t happen now and even if it does he can just drop the corp and go npc corp as it was always done), bait him and make him suspect or suicide-gank him.

I am not aware that any new player who was just minding his own doing pve was ever killed because he had 100 mil bounty on his head. With exception of miners onto which CODE used to put specified amount of bounty which then indicated other CODE members that this miner refused to pay “protection racket” and they should gank him. And while that happened, these pilots were given a chance so if they then ended up suicide ganked (for no profit) they caused it themselves.

1 Like

What about the other way around if you kill rat’s the rat’s put a bounty on you, so a bounty hunters can wipe out these vile mass genocidal maniacs. Think about it they kill hundreds of Gurista or Serp etc a day surely they would want to do something against that pilot?

I used to like my WANTED sign. It was cool.

No one who knew what a bounty was actually cared.

I put bounties on folk just to be informed when they lost a ship.

CCP claimed the bounty system was a drag on performance so removed it for temporary testing. That temporary period is allegedly still ongoing.

As is the removal of suspect flags for Abyssal Runners, btw.

1 Like

That’s it last straw

1 Like

Nice!

Looks mint, though you forgot “for crimes against decency”

2 Likes

Shouldn’t players make their own reasons?

Yea This made me sad, people are still running t6 carefree somewhere in high sec. In their 6b ship’s.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.