I like the market changes

Yep…10% of the change you make would be reasonable,but THIS is just ridiculous…

1 Like

It used to be you paid 15 bucks a month and made money.
It seems now you pay 15 bucks a month to lose money.
They really are turning up the heat on isk sinks.
This market change being the biggest one yet.

1 Like

No it’s not, obviously.

There are choices that are bad. Can’t make general case from a single one.

10% of 1/1000 would be completely irrelevant.

Stop hitting yourself.

well as im an alpha and been away for a very long time I took another look I am paying about 10% more in taxes than I needed to. Dunno what a properly skilled up omega would be paying, afraid I won’t learn either. Still making money but that change to my order stung a bit. Had to look up a dev blog to see when the change was made. 24th of February apparently. no wonder I missed it

1 Like

Exactly…and this is bad because?

Just because CCP wanted a ridiculous credit sink because they don’t want to control a market gone mad because that would be too much work and they are not able to do it because they fired devs that would have been able to and replaced them by cheaper ones that cannot?

This is just a try to cover their own incompetence and so they hit the whole market with a big hammer destroying everything instead of,which would have been better,using a scalpel?

But this is what you get if you hire butchers where surgeons would be needed…and fire the surgeons…

1 Like

Using the market with the new changes is like slogging waist deep in mud. Buying/selling in quantity is a huge pain in the ass as you have to do hundreds or thousands of tiny micro orders over and over to avoid a titanic relist fee if you get undercut. This is not better than 0.1 isking whatsoever.

1 Like

Well i don’t play the market pvp so (in my eyes) the undercutting could stop for the good of everybody…

Just leave sellers with 2 options: leave the offer as it is or end transaction and undercut(while paying the whole price for a(then new) transaction again).

This would end this crap…

If your sell offer is too expensive -your fault- pay the price for it and learn to read the market properly or learn it the hard way paying so much for your offers that you don’t make profit…

Pro’s will still make profit,the amateurs will vanish…as pvp should be :slight_smile:

1 Like

Case in point:

A series of orders that last month I used 5 larger orders and modified them several times each. This month to do the same job I used 160 total micro orders and modified 5 of them only a single time. The 155 remaining did not get modified.

1 Like

It’s not bad, it’s stupid. CCP literally stated that they wanted it to be meaningful. So proposing a useless fee as a meaningful one is stupid.

No. This is a try to make Eve better.
By removing the people who are abusing it. I guess if you cry that much, you were one of them. I was one of them too, but I knew it was bad, and I tried as much as possible to not do it.

Yes it is, because you can’t place thousands of orders at the same time.
Also you will still get cut ,so still gain less money.

Well that’s like what happens with my orders too. But it was already the case before. I don’t get how it changes anything, besides that you place more orders.

1 Like

Well, people are saying that you shouldn’t be at the keyboard modifying orders all the time. CCP has changed it so that now instead of modifying orders a lot it takes managing 32X the number of orders to do the same job in a similar timeframe.

So your right, nothing has changed… you either manage a few orders and modify a lot, or manage a lot of orders and modify a little. End result: Dev time wasted and still a pointless change.

It does not change the fact that only the top order gets the sale, there is no “intelligent” pricing encouragement except to micro order instead of 0.1 isk to stay at the top and avoid fees.

If they really wanted “intelligent decision making” they could allow you to pick the order you buy from and have sell orders be in chunks of how many items you want to sell. AKA you sell 10 of something in 1 order, they must buy all 10, or you could make 10 orders of 1 item, etc.

The idea being then there is an intelligent choice of bulk selling in chunks/lowering price or using more order slots to sell smaller quantities but at higher prices. Buyers could pick their poison.

Right now, there is no intelligent buying/selling as you can buy any portion of items from any order no matter what quantity they have up, and only the top item can be bought. If the only “intelligent” thing to do is keep your order on top, then that’s not really a meaningful choice is it?

1 Like

That’s where you are wrong.

The top order always gets the sale period. Sure you can put your order below the top and sell, but it only sells when it comes to the top through waiting for the others better priced than yours to sell first. So you are still “keeping your order on top” by theorizing that your order will end up on top by the market consuming the orders before yours.

Again, nothing intelligent whatsoever. Mindless make sure your order is on top/gets to top and it sells. Otherwise it doesn’t.

That’s where you are wrong period.

Lol… I am sure you are going to get technical and say that if you sort in reverse than the bottom order gets the sale! So since you are dumber than a brick I will clarify “lowest sell price/highest buy price gets the sale, period” better for you? :wink:

No. I’m saying that you are wrong, period.

If you were right I would never make a single sell, because as you say people still cut you a lot. Yet most of my sales are on orders that are not modified at all, and sometimes even for orders that are not the top orders.

That’s because your order eventually reaches the top. The volume consumes the orders above yours without you modifying and wow by some miracle it is the “top order” and sells. So yes I am completely correct. You can never sell something unless it reached the top of the list for a particular buyer.

Wow you are a genius you finally got it ! only took you two hours to understand the issue with micro orders !

So no, you are completely wrong - or you still don’t get the issue.

It took you 2 hours to get what I said all along:

Etc Etc…

So no I am not wrong and never was. Your order had to be the top to sell. Your orders never sell until they reach the top. Micro orders help keep you at the top to go faster vs waiting for a long time to lazily hope the volume reaches your order.

I got it from the beginning, and you were wrong from the beginning.

Yes you are. You just don’t understand why.

That’s where you are wrong, again.

That’s ok. I don’t need to convince you. I like how you combat evidence with “your wrong”. That’s all you can say because you have nothing to say. You have nothing to prove that your right because the mechanics of the game speak for themselves.