Installing pyfa on ubuntu 18.04+

I did not know that I was logged in as root. I thought that I was logged in as my normal username. The command was not ran under root.

my bad then.
I already had issues with pip complaining I was running as root, so I did not check twice, and assumed your “$” was a “#”

@MorsMortis_Shiyurida
had this issue on a different install, removed the pip install wx and put it as a apt dep ; then added pip and packaging as pip dependency, solved it.

This new sequence of commands worked on the first run through.

2 Likes

which one ?

You mean you just tried the last modifications I brought and it works ? I yes, then yeah \o/

1 Like

Yes(?)

I mean the command sequence in the OP worked for me and pyfa is running now.

1 Like

then yeah \o\ :slight_smile:

(I update the script in the OP every time I find a bug fix so I was not sure if you got the correct one or were referencing a previous update)

Just need @MorsMortis_Shiyurida to confirm this works too.

1 Like

:up: !

1 Like

So I installed pyfa pretty much along the lines of the OP, and it runs but I encounter a few issues:

• Implants & Boosters don’t seem to have any effect on fitting stats.
  • The Skill list in the Character Editor doesn’t show the skill names, just levels.

Anyone else experience these on Linux? I’m using Ubuntu 18.04 as well.

so installation works, nice.

Considering pyfa in itself, I think there is a thread on this forum for it.I means, I have issues with it too, but this is just for installation (all I can do is update the script)

Yes, I saw that thread. I just thought there may be more Linux guys seeing it here, and I was looking for some confirmation. But I will probably report it over in the other thread as well.

Looks like I needed to add pip3 install --user bs4 as well.

I had it installed, tried pip3 --uninstall bs4 then launched pyfa and had no issue.

Interesting, wonder why it didn’t want to launch without it.

maybe you’re right though.

with last github update you need to upgrade pyYaml

pip install -U pyyaml --user

Kind of out-of-topic, but is there a reason why Pyfa don’t comes with a setup.py file (using setuptools)?

Would be easier to install.

ask the dev ? No idea, I just provide what I did to make it work.

After following the instructions, the first time tried to run pyfa i get this

ImportError: No module named logbook

Looking at internet to solve the problem i saw this Running Pyfa on Linux · Issue #1271 · pyfa-org/Pyfa · GitHub were the problem is solved by installing python-logbook

sudo apt install python-logbook

Then i have this output in console when try to run pyfa

python3 pyfa.py
platform: 1.0.8
sqlalchemy: 1.3.2
config:
re: 2.2.1
traceback:
sys:
inspect:

But pyfa don’t work. Any clue on how to solve it? i’m running Kubuntu 18.10

There is a new thing.