Installing pyfa on ubuntu 18.04+

After following the instructions I get this:

File “/home/yotam/הורדות/pyfa/config.py”, line 3, in
import yaml
ImportError: No module named yaml

python-3 yaml is installed.
Any ideas where to go from here?

did you do exactly as I wrote in the first message ? if you did not I can’t guess what you did instead. And very likely I won’t be able to help you.

Please when you go in a thread it’s the minimum of politeness to read the first paragraph (the OP) . I know you did not because otherwise you would not have had this issue.

I did exactly what I was told to do in the OP. No reason to assume otherwise :slight_smile:

I assumed so because python3-yaml is installed as dependency of ubuntu-desktop so …

OK I trill try the OP instruction maybe some won’t work.

@Rhyme_Bittern can you try this ?

I had to install pip for that, but it still doesn’t work. I get the same error.

if you had to install pip, that means you had not followed the OP instructions beforehand.

if you don’t follow the OP instructions I can’t help you.

This installed pip3, not pip.
The command ‘pip’ belongs to the package python-pip, not python3-pip.

indeed.

and that’s why the next command is “pip3” and not “pip”

oO I understand. well run pip3 install -U pyyaml --user then ? and remove that pip installation from your system (keep only python3-pip)

Hooray, error changed! :slight_smile:
Now I get:

ImportError: No module named wx

it’s written in the fracturing OP ! /me dies in a blazing anger :fire:

OK I have a good new though : I tinkered a lot and ALSO got an error ! I therefore added the bs4 pip3 requirement in the OP. Be sure to exactly call the two install command otherwise may not work (you may use -U in pip3 to update, too)

Still getting the wx error after re-running the OP.

maybe you could run the pip3 install in the OP with the -U parameter

I’ll copy it here with the -U because I’m so kewl :stuck_out_tongue: . It’s only one line ! If you run two lines there is an issue !!

pip3 install -U --user bs4 cryptography logbook markdown2 matplotlib packaging pip python-dateutil roman sqlalchemy

BTW you should tell WHERE you have that information error : in the graphical UI, in the therminal, in a popup after started the GUI ?

I ran this new line, same error with wx.
The error is in the terminal.

try

pip3 install -U --user wxpython

I get only:

Requirement already up-to-date: wxpython in /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages (4.0.4)

And the wx error remains.

then I guess you made something bad, like installing packages that collide with those in pip3

Try to remove all the calls you made that were not in the OP (typically the install of pip)

Other than that I’m afraid I can’t help.

Interesting hypothesis. I did remove the pip dependencies.
You, kind sir, will have trouble working in a professional developing environment. Assuming that the other person is always the source of the problem on every single step of the way will not take you far.

working in a professional developing environment taught me that 105% of the time, the source of the problem is the chair-keyboard interface.

Just look at all the posts here from people who did not follow the OP.
And assuming the other person did something is the only I can do most of the time anyhow. so why not ?

The day you pay me, you are allowed to give your opinion on what I do BTW.
Not a single moment before. So go ■■■■ yourself.

1 Like

And anger issues as well :slight_smile: