Installing pyfa on ubuntu 18.04+

you are a complete retard.

I don’t earn anything from this post. My installation of pyfa is working, and it took me time to make it work - so I try to save other people time by telling them exactly what to do.

And now, you brought NOTHING at all and you come criticize me ? Go ■■■■ yourself, again. Your are just a waste of time. If I could I would go back in past and just not answer you. That was too kind of me already.

Thanks for your attempt to help, no matter how rude it might be. I hope you get this all out on virtual arenas like this one, so that persons near you don’t suffer :slight_smile:

There is nothing to get out. Remember that I owe you nothing at all, and I’m fed up of lazy people who did not do a hundreds of what I did and come give me advices.

I gave you an appropriate answer. I spent my time trying to understand how you had this issue, trying several things like installing while I had other bugs to fix. YOU telling me how I should behave when you don’t even give proper information about your issue is rude.

You are a giant asshole.

What happens if you run it with python3 ./pyfa.py (from the directory you extracted to) instead I was getting a similar issue as well until I did that

1 Like

That works beautifully for me. Thank you very much for your help!

Glad to hear it! Not entirely sure why its necessary to call for python3 explicitly like that but it seems to fix it . Someone smarter than me can probably give us a better fix on how to default to python3

1 Like

Well I wrote in the first post :

so I make a call to python3 explicitly.

It worked for me perfectly on Pop!_OS 19.04.

Thank you.

1 Like

I did not think someone would post here if it works !!! yeah !!

I had trouble with yanl too, but I ran the stript as root first.
I then ran the " pip3 install -U pyyaml --user but got the same result :angry:
I then commented out the center part of the script and ran it 3 more times and now it works :slight_smile:
I am very grateful @Anderson_Geten for this as i messed up a python install last time i tryed to get pyfa on my old Mint 18.3 install
I got this working on debian 10 xfce nonfree, thank you :+1:

1 Like

yeah, don’t call any part of the script as su or it may install unremovable data in your home folder (and thus prevent your from updating).

Also don’t call the last lines (echo … ) or it will dirty your .bash_aliases

Nice to know it works on other distributions. I thought it would not because the required libs names are kinda out-of normalization, so on another distrib another lib should be required instead.

Same, I fckd several times before it worked. Good thing when I wrote this post I was in vacancies, so I could spend 20H trying t fix this :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m not to worried about dirtying my install, because the longest part of this linux install was installing the new 64bit client. Normaly I would just copy the .eve folder out of my home directory, or map it off a diffent drive :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.