Isn't capsule volume too big for such a small object?

Heh Roberts has turned the legacy of Wing Commander and Freelancer into a giant pit for other people’s money.

1 Like

Robert’s jackpot was the Wing Commander series. Maybe Strike Commander? I dont remember if the SC IP was his.

Anyway, he’s not done anything worth of note ever since his WC days. In Freelancer’s days, he got kicked out for the same reasons Star Citizen is now a money pit - a huge unachievable scope. If they had let him had his way, the game would have never been finished. After he was kicked out, the people who took over completed and published the game, but not before decreasing the game’s scope gigantically. That’s why Freelancer ended up being such a dumbed down game.

The only difference between Freelancer and Star Citizen is he does not have a centralised publisher to order him around.
Individually, each backer’s donation money amount to peanuts. So they can get away with no accountability - someone who donated 10k dollars to a >300m USD project won’t go knocking on doors and DEMANDING RI does what he says, because 10k is peanuts compared to >300m USD.
So he can just keep on burning backer’s money till his ships sinks, micromanaging things he knows nothing about, and increasing the project’s scope as much as he wants, with 0 accountability - something he was not allowed to do before.
I mean, I watched some videos in which he answered questions from his backers, and people would ask him incredibly stupid things, such as “will we be able to farm in this game”, “will there be birds”, etc., and he always answered “ABSOLUTELY”. If that’s not scope creep, I dont know what it is.

IDK man, ever seen the Interview? All I’m saying is if you had to secure the package and it was the size of a capsule… maybe you wouldn’t think it so small.

Strike Commander was indeed Chris Roberts, with Freelancer he basically promised the world and failed to deliver… sound familiar?

Microsoft bought Digital Anvil out and finished Freelancer based on what was possible, not what was promised.

Yeah it’s messed up i think its the surface area of all the wires, just throwing it out there and if not it’s what he/she said xD

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.