Ship Dimensions

Greetings fellow Capsuleers of New Eden

Could someone please give me some information on how to find out the exact or rough dimension of EVE ships not only one axis that in game you can find… If it even is possible…

Cheers

1 Like

If the information in the game isn’t enough there are Plenty of videos on youtube, here is one which compares the ships with buildings of a virtual city:

1 Like

Sadly you didn’t quite understand my point…

I would like to get the dimension of the ships in game, not comparisons…
for example: How long is the aft section on Thorax, how wide the Thorax… Those details…

1 Like

Oh… Unfortunately don’t know about that, sorry :sweat_smile:

1 Like

There isn’t really any information about those to my knowledge. That being said the ‘Frigates of Eve’ book may have some dimensions.

2 Likes

CCP did not publish this information. The RP crowd is small enough that effort never went into assembling a database of such information. And, in-game, gameplay effects are calculated against every ship’s “signature radius” rather than the size of the ship model itself. We actually have industrial transport ships that appear smaller than the 50,000 m3 that they can transport inside.

So, people link images like this as a hint that you can pick up a ruler yourself and count the pixels / dimensions yourself. Upper left corner of that image, “1 pixel = 10 meters”, count the pixels.

3 Likes

Sounds like a fan based project waiting to happen… :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

hmm

I’ve seen the ships uploaded into other 3d apps, especially comparison vids

fairly certain the length of a ship is given

the rest can be worked out from that

no idea how much $ you would need to spend on modelling software tho

Unless something has changed, you should view the ship in the 3D viewer in game.

Blender is free. \o/ open source!

Use the Triexporter to export the model to a program such as autodesk Netfabb (there is a free version), you can see dimensions.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.