Keeping PvE players in EVE

Nothing says you’re entitled to a structure. It’s meant to be an achievement.

2 Likes

never had a structure in my life

Because that was a mistake in the first place, EVE is not a solo game and while you can play it solo (I mostly do) that means you really shouldn’t build big, juicy and easy to topple over sand castles.

2 Likes

download

Because anything a solo player can do well, a group can do exponentially better and more efficient.

I guess CCP could bake in some weird mechanics that give solo players an advantage or level playing field, but I just see stuff like that getting abused by larger groups.

It’s probably best if you accept that playing solo is harder and less efficient than doing so in a group.

You can do both. But doing it solo is just harder.

nah, putting up another superserver for pvers isn’t the way. They need to make High Sec into what it should be… High Sec. Commit a serious crime and be instantly teleported to any random low or null sec system.

If you want to pvp you have the whole damn low, null and j space to play in.

I would increase the power and numbers of rats in the mining, mission and exploration sites, tweek rng to be slight less favourable in high sec and put new missions and explo sites in.

War decs, leave them, they should be the only viable way to cause havoc in high sec. No gankers, no ninjas.

CCP @Dark_Reignz needs a permaban. Thanks for cleaning up the pool.

Or more expensive.

Why orca is worth its weight in gold really to some.

For some its the tanky (if fit for it) mobile road show of doom lol. Scanning boat, mining boat and site running boat (t3 usually) all stored inside. Combat pilot pulls what you need it too.

Put a claok up on the thing and chill in a safe spot somewhere and its dual box party in a box. Get really into it make the orca pilot a combat booster. Not as good as combat booster t2 bc but…it better than nothing. And wth…its there lol.

there is other nice use for orca , mobile wormhole HQ , you put a cruiser , a cover ops and a mining frigate inside the orca , them you can park it in a npc station in the same system the wormhole you choose is open and do it all
you can kill the rats , mine te gas , take the cans , wen you end put all in the orca and go on your merry way
i did it a lot , this is kinda of a secret of the trade here

1 Like

OP, your suggestion makes no sense. the fact that PvP and PvE are on the same server is actually part of their real life business model which drives the in-game economy by creating the need to replace assets.

This is a reasonable strategy as it has kept the game ticking over for 18 years.

Much of my gameplay is PVE and I just take it however it comes, I live in NPC null and I find it exciting that someone may come to kill me while I PvE or travel. The real issue is that many pilots are too rigid with their approach, why does Eve have to change to suit you? Why can’t you change to suit Eve? I mean god forbid someone makes a game where you actually have to concentrate and pay attention and analyse your surroundings in order to survive.

What I like to see is players like you embracing the fact PVE and PVP are on the same server and then developing strategies or gameplay styles which help you avoid losing your PVE ship.

Learn to accept that you are in a difficult game where other people are likely to come and destroy your assets, I mean have you bothered to find out where most pve pilots get ganked? Have you noticed any trend in the gankers behaviour that makes them easy to avoid? Are you communicating intel with other pve pilots to make it safer for the community you’re in? Are you even in a community?

C’mon buddy, lets get some real gameplay out of you.

4 Likes

So if CCP really wants to get the chaos and destruction of main play EvE PVP of their mmo, then why not just allow open space? No high-sec restrictions, use whatever ship anywhere etc. let the players just play it as an open space “here, destroy things” well it just wouldn’t work without the PVE aspect that builds the stuff TO destroy. Thats why people get angered and rage quit, cause they have to obtain first in order to risk flying out into danger. Vet players get salty cause they already have plenty to toss out into a fight. Someone new can fly out die and then what? Plead in local “ lost a ship can someone give me another?” (New guy, no isk) when new guys get PVP’d they lose what they have, left with time just wasted now what feeling. Thats why EvE is so different from any other mmo out there, in other games you jump in have a go, die, reload, go again with no loss what you had and only get rewarded so you can just jump in to the “action” again. In EvE you can’t do that until you spent the time just waiting to obtain something decent to get into the “action” ergo PVP. So its just how the way EvE is set up, you can’t have PvP without the PvE. It just makes the PvE harder to wade through when the PvP’rs turns on them cause it’s easier than going out to find someone who can shoot back. Hence everyone’s headache of discussions.

2 Likes

yesterday i had like 700++ million on my wallet
no plex on my plex vault … it was all i had …
but that that bhaalgorn was so sexy… i was looking to buy another for some time…
couldn’t resist
broke again…
ill figure out how to get more isk
at least i have my baby … i cal her Camilla
i love her so much :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

I like turtles

1 Like

We dont actually need PvEers at all. PvPers and their alts were completely self sufficient long before the plague of carebears we have now were ever on this server.

Sure we need some forms of PvE because of exclusively attainable goods but we do not actually need PvEers as a community. If all you ever do is PvE and you do not participate in ship destruction the community couldnt care less if you were here and would go completely unaffected if you and many others line you left.

Actually I take that back, they’d be effected greatly because Eve would be a much better game.

1 Like

If they were not here, you’d have nothing to ■■■■■ about.

1 Like

At least where I was back then, in the backwater near Dodixie, I don’t recall there being a division between player types like this at all.

We would all mine, we’d all get shot, we’d all complain about it in local chat, then we’d plot some revenge that would go badly for us more often than not and then we’d have to go back to mine our replacement ships.

Of course we’d be grumpy, but I don’t remember things getting to the point where we thought the people harrying us were bad people, or even bad players. We wanted to get back at them the same way they got to us: By blowing up their ship.

I blame the changes to highsec aggression mechanics for this, mostly. It used to be that any numbnut with 2M isk to rub together could declare war on me and having to be under threat was a way of life, but the threats were fairly small. Everyone could afford to go to war. You didn’t need anything expensive, and you didn’t need to be any sort of big group to make it economically viable. The wars I was in were just yahoos shootin’ up the town and we could deal with that.

The current onerous restrictions give players an illusory feeling that they’re supposed to be safe. That highsec is a land of law, and that law is on their side. What it has actually done is take a bunch of disorganized joyriders and form them into a well organized and disciplined army by necessity. Carebears have created their greatest enemies. If we had left wardecs at 2M people would still be complaining about it, but maybe we wouldn’t have so many people thinking they had the right to avoid it and when it came the enemies might have been small enough in scale the situation wouldn’t seem so hopeless people refuse to even try to take up arms.

PvE players are fine by me. People who lobby for game mechanics changes on the basis that their gameplay is morally superior to what had been a long term tradition in the Eve universe are the ones I could do without.

4 Likes

Anyone trying to argue with this has no idea what Eve is. Some people seem to think isk just appears in your wallet. Grinding for isk is a key part of the game which everyone has to do at some point.

@hellokittyonline There are lots of pvp kills of pilots who are pve’ers, some pvp’ers hunt pve ships that will drop at least 100m to 200m isk with their groups of cheap destroyers. If Pve’ers weren’t there then who would the pvp’ers fight? Can you not see the the pvp players would end up leaving the game?

1 Like

But

Clearly the PvPers would at some point have to go out in a PvE ship for the purposes of PvE. At which point they are targets for other PvPers. I suppose you’ll next go on some tangent about how “we build your ships.”

I see nothing that an exclusively PvE player brings to that table that cannot be supplied by a player that also engages in PvP.

2 Likes

You don’t seem to know how an economy works. Pve players are the ones who purchase items from the market which gives ship builders a reason to play. When Pvp players gank someone the loot they scoop is sold on the market. With your logic there wouldn’t be any pve player to buy anything from the market, and there would be no player for the pvp’er to target.

It’s also pve players who load up their hauler with billions of isk value and lose it to a gank. When one studies a game such as Eve you should be able to see that many aspects are linked and one aspect can’t exist without the other.

In my area of space there are pvp’ers who wait on gates and in relic/data sites for the unsuspecting pve’er to come along and lose their ship and loot. Again, if the pve’er was on another server this process would never happen and the pvp’er would leave the game.

Pve’ers bring a massive amount of pvp opportunities to the game. Give up trying to debate this well known fact.

1 Like