Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Suggestion: On Mining Ledge put pre-set time ranges.
Keywords: UI, Mining Ledger
Notes: For instance: Day, Week, Month, Year/Max. Can be next to date input field.

In the space next to the Range date entry fields, above the Mining History graph, it would be nice to have pre-set buttons for typical ranges you want to see. Like: Day, Week, Month, and Year (Maximum)

This way we could quickly see our effort over say the last week, and then the last month, with a click of the button, rather than having to play with the slider on the graph or figure out the dates to key in.

As a bonus feature, there could be left and right arrows which allow you to move the range in increments of the time range you have set. So if you have ‘week’ selected, clicking left would take you back to the previous week, etc…

1 Like

Suggestion: Ability to see volume in Multibuy
Keywords: ui, multibuy, market
Note: Useful buying stuff to ship somewhere else
When I’m buying stuff from Jita with Multibuy and need to ship it somewhere else, it would be very useful to know how much space the order takes up so I know if it fits in my 60k m3 hauler.

Soooooooo can we actually get this or were you just joking because it would actually be great to have this.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Add Multibuy Button To ‘Business’ section in the Neocom Menu
Keywords: UI, Market
Note: Currently you need to enter the Market window to access the Multibuy window.
Adding it to the Business section in the Neocom will allow people to not open the Market
before getting to the Multibuy window. This would primarily help people who are
a] Already in the Neocom Menu and b] More simply be able to drag items into the
Multibuy window if they just wish access to that and not the market.

1 Like

Suggestion: On ‘Deliver Items to’ dialog, add tab for ‘Recent’ or ‘Frequent’
Keywords: UI, Deliver Items To
Note: For those with a lot of Contacts, but few we typically deliver to

On the ‘Deliver Items to’ dialog there is a Search tab, and an ‘All Contacts’ tab that you can scroll through all your contacts to find the one you want to deliver to. While search is easier when you have a large contacts list, it would be even easier if there were a tab for ‘Recent’ contacts or ‘Frequent’ contacts that showed all your most recently delivered to or frequently delivered to contacts.

1 Like

Additional to this: Add a “Blue Contacts” tab (or just plain change “All Contacts” to “Blue Contacts”). The number of times I am going to want to deliver items to Reds is extremely limited.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Persist fleet sharing in Fleet Finder upon changing Boss
Keywords: ui,fleet
Note: [QOL] Persist fleet sharing upon changing Boss

3 Likes

SUGGESTION: GIVE MANUFACTURERS SOME RECOGNITION
KEYWORDS: Industry, Manufacturing, UI

I think it would be cool to add two attributes to every ship:

1. The character name of the person who built the ship
  2. The corporation that the character was a part of when it was made

That should be really easy (just add two attributes, and include it in “show info”.) If you wanted to be really cool, you could add manufacturing date and the system name and name of the facility where it was manufactured. (it would be funny to see someone whose ship was blown up by a ship they made, too…) Would be interesting to see this info on zkillboard.

This might be a bit more work, but still cool:

I would like to see the logo of the corporation that manufactured the ship appear on the ship, somewhere. Not prominent, of course, but somewhere identifiable.

Next level: Include the picture of the manufacturer on the ship

Top level: Let each character design a personal logo to be included on every ship they build.

7 Likes

Suggestion: Hotkeys for cycling through overview tabs
Keywords: ui, hotkeys, overview
Note: Would be useful to have a ‘directional’ hotkey setup to tab through ‘next’ and ‘previous’ overview tabs, looping around when either the first or last tab is reached. Can be frustrating sometimes to click the little tabs, and can work nicely with d-scan using the active overview settings.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Highlight home station (or be able to “favorite” a station) in remote buy order station select interface
Keywords: UI, market
Note: A lot of people have a single station where they do most of their trading. In a crowded system like Jita, finding the correct station in the remote buy-order interface is harder than it should be, thanks to all the very similar station names. It would be nice to be able to mark the station you use the most, so that it stands out in the list.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Carebear Scoreboard - nothing but a small scoreboard, which shows the personal kills of npcs, sorted by faction/type (e.g. Angels, Sansha, Incursion Sansha, Sleepers, …)

Keywords: UI, pve

5 Likes

Suggestion: Always show the location of items in the personal Asset window, upon expanding the location
Keywords: UI
Notes:
Currently, when the personal assets window is open and you expand a location that has a lot of items, the location, and therefore the ability to shrink the item list, will be scrolled off the screen as you scroll down the expanded list of items. My hope is that once the list of items is expanded, the location of the assets will always be visible at the top of the window, even after scrolling down. This would be similar to excel/google docs where it is possible to set a row to be always visible upon scrolling down the page. This would help by ensuring that the asset list could be shrunken immediately, rather than having the scroll up the entire expanded list in order to find the location and shrink the list.

4 Likes

I like this but I don’t think this happens because it collides with the way how items works in database. Basically, once the item is put into market it becomes stacked thus there cannot be any additional values (and is a reason why we cannot sell used/damaged items).

1 Like

Suggestion: Mining Fleet History
Keywords: mining, fleet, ui
Note: Accurately tracking fleet mining

Mining currently shows up in fleet loot history as “has looted”, making it “has mined”, and leaving ore moving between inventories as “has looted” will be a significant QoL increase for miners, allowing accurate payment based on work done, while still benefiting from the logistical advantages of mining in a fleet.

1 Like

Suggestion: A simple way to separate stack into equal piles
Keywords: UI, inventory, PI
Note: while “feeding” custom offices we have to separate portions manualy in the “divide stack” window. It would be great to have some expression to make this process more easily. E.g.: just type “/5” and get 5 equal piles. “=1000” means: “give me a bunch of piles with 1000 items each”

3 Likes

Suggestion: Ability to see SP/hr when hovering over skill category in Character Sheet
Keywords: ui, skills, efficiency
Note: Similar to what EVEMon provides… but without need to install EVEMon! Should take into account your implants/boosters/attribute remap

3 Likes

Suggestion: Ability to dock sell window within market window and if done so, refresh market information with chosen item to sell (or just give us checkbox in menu to turn on such behavior)
Keywords: ui, market, selling
Note: I’ve never sold single item on market without the need to refresh market window with given item as well to understand what’s the local real sell value. Thus for every single sold item/stack you need to manually start with ‘view market info’ and then follow with ‘sell’. Would be nice if we could merge these two activities at least optionally for those interested.

1 Like

Suggestion: Displays the time of learning skills in the attribute changes window
Keywords: attribute, plan
Note: It is useful to know the benefit in time when changing each point of a particular attribute

3 Likes

Suggestion: Add the system cost index in the structure browser
Keywords: Industry
Notes: When using the structure browser to search for citadels where certain jobs can be performed, such as research or manufacturing, it would be helpful to see the system cost index in a column next to the citadel. This would aid in making decisions about where to perform certain jobs in an attempt to spend smaller amounts of isk on fees.

1 Like

Suggestion: In Assets window, ability to Expand-All and Collapse-All categories (currently only systems)
Keywords: UI, Assets window
Note: Currently have to click the left-hand arrow for each category(system) to expand or collapse each individually.

I have assets strewn all over the place. And when I’m searching for things I often find myself having to expand and then later collapse many of the categories (which are currently just systems). It would be useful to have a Expand-All and a Collapse-All option, perhaps on a right-click menu of any of the categories.

2 Likes

Suggestion: In Assets window, have additional categories besides System/Station
Keywords: UI, Assets window
Note: The only category that things are grouped by in the Assets window is System (ultimately station). There ought to be additional categories, like Item.

While we’re on the topic, there really ought to be other categories to group by (other than system). For instance a ‘Item’ category that groups things by item.

So say I search on “Scourge Auto-targeting”. Well instead of showing me all the systems that have any item that contains “Scourge Auto-targeting” in the name, it would group all results by the item name. So a group “Scourge Auto-targeting Cruise Missile I”, a group “Scourge Auto-targeting Heavy Missile I”, a group "Scourge Auto-targeting Light Missile I", etc… and in those groups, when you expand them, would be all the systems/stations that contain those items.

1 Like