Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Suggestion: Allow drones to be named, the same as ships can be.
Note: I can’t think of a really useful reason for this, but I’m not the only one who wants to name my drones.

Besides, Boompickle and Bangtater (my two hardest-working mining drones) deserve their recognition.

Suggestion: Allow for a “light toggle” on ships, to turn headlights on or off.
Note: While this serves no tactical purpose I can think of, it could be used for signaling fellow pilots without having to talk in local or other chats.

It just seems like it’d be fun to have the equivalent of a “friendly car horn” kind of feature on ships.

1 Like

Suggestion: Ability to Contract Asset Safety Containers to Another Character and Delete/Trash Items Remotely

Keywords: ui, assetsafety
Note: For multi account owners, this is really necessary to improve game experience

Basically, allow us to contract, delete, trash Asset Safety items in container state so we don’t have to do 40 jumps each way across 15-20 characters.

1 Like

The feature you need already exists and is called auto pilot.

You need to do an 80 jump round trip on 20 characters. Explain how auto pilot is NOT designed specifically for occasions such as this?

CCPlease
Take an upvote good sir

Please make this happen, PI with alts need this

2 Likes

Suggestion: Filter Skills by Training Time Multiplier

Keywords: ui, skill que, skills
Note: For an alpha account, I need to find a X1 skill to fill the final 5mill sp and I can’t easily find one… need to search by right click show info on all skills. Thank you

1 Like

Suggestion: Add mastery tab to all items which have a “Requirements” tab

In the worst case this requires creating a new index of item → skill. That can’t be so bad.

Keywords: ui, skills, fitting, new player experience

1 Like

Would be a task of epic proportions to do this. Better to know this stuff yourself from experience because sometimes what’s listed under mastery really isn’t needed.

Out of curiosity, when a new alpha copies a fit from the web and it overloads power or CPU, is it obvious to them what skills to train? How would they learn?

1 Like

Real issue, but I don’t see how this would solve it?

1 Like

Is mastery going to tell them the “core skills?” My guess is no. At least in it’s current iteration, to me it doesn’t really sound like the kind of thing to be listed there. I could be wrong but I’m almost certain capacitor management isn’t listed on EVERY ships mastery page. I could be wrong there, I simply haven’t looked.

Skills that affect every ship should be in their own category or something, i.e cpu, pgrid, cap, inertia, etc should be a skill group called “universal” or “global” or something. mastery is ship specific, RIGHT?

What I REALLY think you want is an eve client version of a function in eve fitting tool. You could right click a module and “change affecting skill.” I think what you really want is a tab for “affecting skills, implants & boosters.” Think of a shorter name. This makes more sense to me. I foresee a problem with boosters though. Someone like scan res you can affect with a booster without needing a scan res module, cloak, sebo, spectrum breaker, Sig amp etc.

Edit: something*
And I just fixed the problem by having boosters like that listed on the info window of ships.

1 Like

Suggestion: Checkbox to hide Blueprints in a locked container that cannot be used to start jobs.
Keywords: UI, industry window, locked items, locked containers
Notes: Having to scroll through hundreds of blueprints to find the container with the accessible blueprints or having to switch Inventory Locations every time I want to do something just because some blueprints are locked while other job types have no locked items is inconvenient.

1 Like

Suggestion: Make it easier to add certain skill levels to the queue by allowing to drag the respective level square to the queue.
Keywords: UI, skill training, skill queue, skill adding
Notes: I just spent 50 clicks to add 10 skills to the queue to train them to L5. This could have been 10 click&drag instead.

2 Likes

[deleted by op]

i will make this as an actual thread on the forums given responses.

@Drogon_Mace This thread is about small qol suggestions and you may want to stick with the suggested format and keep it short.

1 Like

apologies, not sure if QOL is more towards the user interface or game play, i went with some small game play stuff, theres just a lot of them. for me small QOL changes would be regarding things like immersion of game play, the small things make the whole thing more enjoyable in my humble opinion.

Your idea is more for player feature and ideas. And with your layout, they wouldn’t have seen this.

This section is for small things that devs do in their own time to add to the game. Reading the first post here would have told you that

have deleted it and will make it, its own thread, apologies for posting on the wrong thread.