Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Suggestion: Let us change the output destination of a manufacturing job after the job was started.
Keywords: UI, Industry, Blueprint, Jobs
Notes: I keep my blueprints and materials in different containers to make it easier to search for things. And I like to have the final product to be delivered into another container. But from time to time I forget to change the output location, and the product ends up delivered in the wrong container.
Can we just get access to the output location dropdown even after starting the job so we can change it on the fly in case of mistake ?

Suggestion: Keep the same settings between jobs.
Keywords: UI, Industry, Blueprint, Jobs
Notes: I have 1 container for my blueprints, 1 container for my materials and that never changes.
At the moment, each time I start a job, the input and output are reset to a default location.
So when I have to start multiple jobs, I have to set the containers each time.
Can you make it to automatically use the previous settings ?
And if you do not want to store it in the client or the server, you could at least do it for the duration of the play session.
I do not mind it doing it once per time I play, just not every single job.

1 Like

Suggestion: Ability to use locator agents remotely
keywords: UI, Neocom
Note: would genuinely help a range of players have better hunts

as it stands to track down a player you have to have locator agents, which is fine, however typically people are often on the other side of the universe, you have to jump clone and then death clone home, could we not just have them in our neocom somewhere?

1 Like

very few agents are remote, these agents shouldn’t be among them… you wanna find someone, do the work and find a agent close by to you…

1 Like

so if you’re not able to jump clone across the universe, you should find a local agent and grind for about a week to use a local agent which would then effect possibly the standings you have already earned and most likely wish to keep?

seems like using locator agents is a headache, would make sense to just allow us to have say 1 agent we can contact remotely through our neocom. we already have address books, yet no quick dial to the people who’s services which get used.

this response is the equivelent of
“don’t save the phone number for your local doctor, when you get sick, go to the office, ask for the number go home then book an appointment”

we can communicate with people across a vast universe but having one locator to hand is just too much?

there’s other ways of raising the standings for local agents… i’m apart of a service that raises the standings with zero negative impact to you.

Yes, that is too much.

Remote access to a locator agent may be a small suggestion but is not a ‘small QoL suggestion’, as it would have large impact on the game when everyone can have locator agents active at any time, rather than putting in the effort of moving your character (or an alt) to a locator agent when you want to use one.

This isn’t at the level of ‘Quality of Life’ improvements: this will have a big impact on gameplay when everyone can at any time just turn on locator agents rather than scouting to know where the hostile gang went.

We could discuss it in another thread, this thread isn’t the place for discussions (or suggestions that go beyond small QoL changes).

1 Like

Please @Drogon_Mace go back up and look at CCP Karkur’s replies here, and see what they consider “little things”.

this is an example of what are “little things” and are implemented, cause one or two devs can tackle these unlike a whole team, which takes away from the entire game.

1 Like

yes it is.

i respectfully disagree.

I understand that perhaps the idea is ambitious and not within the capabilty of a couple of devs specifically and that’s okay if thats the case and naturally no disrespect is meant to those devs.

but in truth I stand by my post inital post on this one.

The impact is disproportionate to the scope of the change. There is significant change to gameplay from this idea, if it were implemented, and it isn’t a ‘quality of life’ change - it is an actual mechanics change. QoL improvements do not alter the actual functionality of a mechanic, they remove needless barriers to usage. Space being big is not a needless barrier - it is a core component of EVE.

1 Like

Suggestion: The ability to save you destination route when warping
Keywords: Travel
Notes: This would allow the player to plan his route and use it over and over again. I am not talking about Autopilot, I just think it would be a good feature. There would be a separate window where all the routes are saved.

6 Likes

Suggestion: Agent portrait job/level indicator
Keywords: UI, Agent, Mission
Notes: I have quite a few agents I have worked with over the years, and still I find it hard from time to time to distinguish the agent.
Yes, I can read the card of each agent.
But I think it would be a nice touch for the Agent portrait to have in the:

• Top-left corner a small icon indicating the category of the agent (Research, Mining, Distribution…)
  • Top-right corner a small icon indicating the level of the agent (1 - 5)
  • Border color for Agent availability. If you have access to this agent because you have the standing for them, the border could be green, red otherwise.

With this we could at first glance recognize the agents we are looking for instead of having to read their card or filter them.

5 Likes

It could be a tab added to the People And Places window (alt e).
And also shareable.
Good idea.

2 Likes

This would be very nice to have

Suggestion: Add to Market Quickbar from Compare and Variation
Keywords: UI, Market
Notes: I am frequently looking for better modules, and when I do, I want to check the prices over time.
So I use the Martet Quickbar as a bookmark for those modules.
But the only way to add things to the market Quickbar is from the Market Browse section.
It would be nice to be able to right click on a module in the Compare Window, or in the Variation tab of the info window and be able to add it to the Market Quickbar directly from there.

1 Like

Not to mention you will likely only have locator agrees for one or two of the factions. Trying to find someone who’s 40 jumps from your closest locator agent is the definition of great gameplay.

Not exactly a fix but I have notepad entries that are just a list of stations for this reason. Having it under one click would be great though.

1 Like

This suggestion is moot as the capability to move the window already exists.

Suggestion: Move action window down off of target icons
Keywords: ui

The window which pops up telling you things like “Your salvager successfully …” covers important information under the locked target icons.

you can move that yourself. @Project9
Click on the options button below the capacitor and at the bottom of the options is “Enter Moving Mode for Messages” When you click on that, you can move the two different message boxes wherever you want to put them.

2 Likes

Thank you very much.
I will look at that next time I’m on.

Excellent, that works exactly as you said.
Thanks again.