Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Can you fill in the ship line?

e.g mordus battlecruiser. Mordu logi.

Can you fill in the titan line for all races? Just because pew pew.

Your last two posts are typed in a way where ccp will not see them fyi.

1 Like

While I’m not against more ships, this isn’t exactly a “little thing / small quality of life suggestion” so this should be somewhere else. Also, you should probably provide a more detailed idea than “more ships please!”

1 Like

Suggestion: Save Active ship window in the profile

Keywords: ui
Note: Useful to always have a window to see your current ships ammo state as soon as you login.

1 Like

Suggestion: Brackets for Asteroids should show up as in space brackets like ships and not stay hidden even though they are added to the brackets overview setting.
Keywords: Overview, brackets, asteroids
Notes: You can use whatever overview setting for brackets you want, even one where all asteroids are added do not show the brackets for asteroids on field. Only the asteroid that you clicked on shows a bracket. The game recognizes them, however, because the Tactical Overlay shows lines going from the respective asteroids to the overlay plane.

Suggestion: The Radial Menu for structures should have the “Release Control” button that is otherwise only found in the health stats round hud.
Kewords: UI, radial menu, structures, control
Notes: –

Alert undocking without ammo.

Just come back to the game after 8 years, some suggestions:

Suggestion: A big red warning box when undocking caps for the first time since the jump fatigue changes entered the game, with a warning that cap travel changed radically and you will die if you dont catch up and read about them, and them show a link to the blog.
Keywords: capitals, fatigue, UI

Suggestion: show warning you have stuff in safe storage, a list of the low stations where it is and allow me to pay for that stuff to be retrieved (in the low sec station) from the station I’m docked.
Keywords: safe storage

Suggestion: Rorquals in null sec normally have 5 excavators drones for mining or 5 excavators drones for ice in the drone bay. We travel with both sets in the ship anyway, but need to store 5 in fleet hangar, why not increase the bay so a 5 excavators set of each type can travel in the drone bay + the usual combat drones sets.
Keywords: rorqual, excavator drones
Notes: there is no gameplay or motive to annoy people to have to move theses drones back and forward…

Suggestion: Rorquals are Ore Capital ships but they use oxygen Isotopes… It is time to allow the Ore capital to use any of the 4 types of isotopes to jump.
Keywords: rorqual, fuel
Notes: Having oxygen dependencies on a ORE cap was always something strange to see, please consider allowing the use of whatever isotope the rorqual pilot wants to use.

Suggestion: I made the mistake of login in my super before I omega my account so my mods where all disconnected. Please don’t do that for mods you cannot use in alpha, just show a warning when you try to use them, that says you can’t.
Keywords: supers, Alpha vs Omega
Note: after I omega the account my super was all disabled and I was a loot piñata with no defense. not cool.

I don’t really understand what you mean here?

suggestion 1: Thats up to you and your corp to know that information, not for CCP to give it to you. Just because you were gone, doesn’t mean that CCP is or was required to tell you when some mechanic changed… this is on you

suggestion 2: what? no… No place, except for an npc station is safe. you wanna buy stuff from lowsec, take the chance to go get it.

suggestion 3: no. its fine the way it is.

suggestion 5: Not CCP’s problem. thats why you double check, triple check all your fittings etc before going back to omega, especially considering it will power down any mods that you cannot use in alpha.

suggestion 3: No, ORE ships are lore wise connected to gallente tech. Uses the same radar type for example and T2 ORE ships use gallente components. I think the wreaks even end up having gallente in their name. So that they depend on the ice found in gallente space makes 100% sense to me.

1 Like

Suggestion: Give search result windows like the station search in Place A Buy Order a search field and modernize it like you modernized the “View Contents” window.
Keywords: UI, search, station list, place buyorder
Notes: I want to place a buy order in The Forge. After I click on the button in the market, a ridiculously long list of possible locations loads. Limiting it to just the system or corp that I need would help a lot.

Allow courier contract wraps to be delivered from any character, not just the character that accepts the contract.

1 Like

Suggestion: Have probes spawn in the center of the systems when deploying
for me it seems like after the first deployment it always spawn in some far off place.

Please read the very first post and edit yours accordingly.

Suggestion: Different icon for stations with assets
Keywords: ui, stations, assets
Note: Useful for when trying to remember what station you are based in for a system

In the same way of the home station or structures with good standings have a little overlay icon, stations with assets in them could have an icon that indicates this. I don’t have enough room to get the full name of the station on my overview, and even then I forget. I keep going to my personal assets window to find where to dock up. In most cases it would be equal to indicating what is my base of operations for the current system.

4 Likes
  1. happy cake day.
  2. I can def get behind this idea.

Bookmark it and configure to show this bookmark in scene.
Problem solved.

Suggestion: Broadcast setting profiles
Keywords: ui, broadcast, configuration
Note: Creating profiles similar to overview tab settings for use with in the broadcast settings will allow us to quickly hotswitch between configurations if we need to reship between DPS/log/etc

Dues this change the icon in my overview?