Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Suggestion: Filtering 0.0 Standings decrease notifications.
Keywords: QoL, Notifications

Note: Currently we have only two options to show standings notifications: Standings Decrease and Standings Increase.
But Standings Decrease doesn’t account the fact that standings have some hard negative limits, and after they hit that (common scenario - ratting NPC pirates), all notifications about decrease of standings become redundant and annoying.
This leads to:

Click for image

The only way to get rid of that - disabling “Standings Decrease” option, but then we might skip some important non-zero standing decrease, so that is not a viable option.
I think it’s safe to say that you can simply completely exclude 0.0 standings notifications. Or alternatively introduce separate setting for 0.0\Non-Zero Notifications.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Allow us to move items into corporation delivery without need to create contract.
Keywords: inventory, corporation delivery
Note: We can already do this it just costs us 10k + some time.

Often, I use this trick to access items on my alts - make contract for self, accept it for corporation then relog on other character and take it. This is useful when I need to share items somewhere where I don’t have office, either because office is too expensive, not available or because I just need to share items one time only and I am probably never going to visit this station anymore. Corporation delivery is also better when you have multiple alts and you plan this ahead like “when I get time I will go for this” hence you don’t know which alt you will send there.

It would be nice if we could dragg items from our inventory into corporation delivery directly without need to make a contract every time. It would save a lot of time.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Checkbox for option to automatically put mission cargo into current ship when accepting mission.
Keywords: mission, agent, inventory
Note: Game already knows if the mission cargo fits into ship or not, if would be nice if you could just check the checkbox called something like “deliver mission cargo into current ship” which would also be remembered, and could just accept mission and undock instantly without need to open inventory, find the mission item amongst bunch of stuff and dragg it into ship inventory.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Allow us to have separate sorting on each overview tab.
Keywords: UI, overview, sorting
Note: Right now, the sorting in overview apply to all tabs, I would like to have sorting by name or ship in one tab and sorting by range in other tabs.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Survey scanning show fleet member mining
Keywords: survey, mining, scanning, fleet
Note: Useful for not accidentally mining same ores

I’ve been in different mining fleets, and despite many differences in operation method, I feel many fleets use the same rule to not mine the same asteroids (in high/low sec at least). Adding a indicator to the survey scan result window for which asteroids are being targeted or actively mined by fleet members would help a lot in avoiding members overlapping their mining.

5 Likes

Suggestion: Remove the scroll bar on market order timing selection window.
Keywords: market, UI
Note: Fewer unnecessary mouse clicks.

The market order timing selection (Immediate, 1 day, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 3 months) has a very unfriendly scroll bar. Please make this timing selection window taller so that the scroll bar is removed. When selling many items, sometimes I want to sell immediately at current market price, sometimes I want to setup a 3-month sell order. Switching between the two is very tedious, having to click, scroll, select every time. Please resize the market timing selection window to remove the scroll bar and reduce the unnecessary mouse clicks.

8 Likes

Suggestion: Store the charges being used when saving a fit and load them automatically next time that fit is opened.
Keywords: fitting manager
Note: It is very annoying we can’t see immediate DPS on the fits we prepared. I am often making dozen of fits and after I save them all I start comparing them to each other. EHP and DPS are values I am looking for but since the opened fit loses its charges I always have to add them again. Or write the DPS on paper. This would make it much easier.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Keep individual killcount of drones and be able to nickname them
Keywords: ui, drones
Note: Might be entertaining for some people (like me)

Just a small thing I though might be possible. I want to get attached to my little helpers. Shouldn't be that hard to implement. Maybe that way people won't forget their drones when warping.
2 Likes

Suggestion: Include regular items in fits, too.
Keywords: fitting manager
Note: Often enough spare modules and deployables or other items are integral part of the fitting as well, so it’d make sense that they’d be loaded and saved as well.
Examples:

1. A Venture that doubles as a scanner and a miner frig, with help of a mobile depot
  2. Any combat ship that gets on-the-fly refitted to a bulk salvager, as above
  3. Cargo containers to extend the cargohold
4 Likes

Suggestion: Add a button into Directional Scanner window to reset range and angle settings.
Keywords: UI, D-Scan
Note: Such button would save a few clicks as often I end up with 30° and 1AU when tracking someone but I want to reset it to 360/14.3 after. Prefferably if the button was positioned right from angle under AU button.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Keep results we scan to 100% at 100% even when we start scanning something else.
Keywords: UI, Probe Scanner, scanning
Note: Right now it works this way only when scanning relic/data/combat sites. When scanning drones/ships/structures the previously 100% signal is lost when we move probes/increase their size etc. Would make combat scanning much more plausible.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Allow us to move drones currently attacking at target onto different target.
Keywords: UI, current target, managing drones
Note: Often, my drones will randomly spread amongst targets. This is fine, I want this, however sometimes 2 drones attacks target I don’t want to focus first like sentry tower. I would like to be able to move these 2 drones from the target selection onto different target without using “Drones” window (as there is no way in that window to find out which of the 5 drones are those attacking sentry).

1 Like

I realize this would not be simple to accomplish due to old code but:

Suggestion: Allow packaged containers to be placed within containers.
Secondary Suggestion: Allow for the creation of subdivisions within corporate hangars and separate roles/ACLs.

Keywords: Inventory, Sorting, Containers, Corporation, ACL

Note: Containers package well so this is not the issue of moving them around, but for the cleanliness of a hangar floor when trying to find something at a glance. Since packaged and unpackaged containers sort together by default and the number of containers, it would be nice if we could throw them into a can themselves.
Note 2: The secondary suggestion is simply a way around this issue, as well as expanding corp hangar access to involve ACLs down to the can/subcategory level.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Ability to name planetary colonies
Keywords: ui, planetary interaction
Note: Makes finding the correct colony easier

When looking at the planetary colony list it’s not possible to tell what the colony is producing. So please let us assign names to colonies that can be at least visible in that list if not in space somewhere. Or icons representing the commodities in the storage facilities in that colony.

2 Likes

Suggestion: When reloading ammunition, hide the ammunition that we can’t use due to skills.
Keywords: ui, modules, reload, ammunition
Note: Currently, when we right click on the weapon we can choose from every ammunition we have in cargo despite we cannot use it. When we attempt to load such ammunition it will fail of course, but it would be better if such ammunition wouldn’t show up in first place for better clarity.

3 Likes

Suggestion: “View structure in Structure Browser” option in right click menu in the asset tab in the corporation window.
Keywords: UI, corporation window, structure browser, structures
Notes: Either that or the same settings manipulation options in the corp window’s right click menu that you have in the structure browser to make structure handling easier.

1 Like

Suggestion: Show Anomalies and Signatures in Probe Window when in Control Mode in a citadel.
Keywords: UI, probe window, anomaly, signature, scanning, structure
Notes: The probe window already shows newly spawning anomalies and signatures while you are in control of a citadel, so why does it not show already present signatures and anomalies? It’s really annoying having to undock, check the scanner, and dock your scanner ship again to reship into your actual ship.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Tabs/folders in ship cargo bay
Keywords: ui, cargo, items
Note: separate ship cargo into Ship items (for that ship), Freight to be delivered/dropped off, Loot/drops

Not sure if it counts as ‘UI’ change, and it’s probably been suggested before, but I would really like to have either tabs or folders for my ship cargo hold.

I carry gear/equipment/ammo for my ship, spare drones, loot I pick up, mission items, and occasionally cargo/freight that is being shipped somewhere. It is not too uncommon for me to have 50 items combining all 4 of these categories in my hold, then when I dock I have to ctrl-click through the items one by one (or sometimes shift-click them) and separate them into where they are going.

It would be really handy to have tabs in the cargo bay saying ‘Ship / Freight / Loot’. The main bay would stay the default as it is now, where anything not drag-dropped onto a tab would go. Anything dragged onto/into a tab would only show in that tab. A ‘Show All’ button wouldn’t hurt.

In station I can use station containers for this, although that is actually a quite clunky method. Folders wouldn’t hurt there either but they would have to be user customizable since so many categories could exist. Maybe too messy to implement.

(If I am just brain-dead and missed an obvious way to conveniently do this in ship cargo, please let me know!)

5 Likes

I use containers. I can move ammo in and out of a container as needed in my ship. (Ship needs to be able to fit the container however, so smaller ships you probably won’t be able to.)

1 Like

I’d just like to add to this that it would be great if along with these (colors/groups/something to organize a WL) we could get at least a small bump to how many people can fit into the fleet WL, I don’t know if it’s 15 purely for balance reasons but with the extra organization this would bring it’d be nice to fit more on - if this is a balance thing then I’d purely like to reiterate the suggestion of colors or groups for organizing the watchlist, as just a list of names can become very messy

1 Like