Little things / Small QoL suggestions

This might be to grandfather some players who trained into those hulls before the change. There may well be players who have Advanced Spaceship but not to V, that trained racial to something higher than 0 before some patch.

Speculation only.

1 Like

Okay. first of many

Suggestion: Move view of undocking ship from straight ahead.
Note: When undocking, you are looking at your own ship, straight on, with the station filling the rest of the screen. Right-clicking in space to select, say, an insta-warp bookmark requires first moving your camera, or leaving People and Places open when you undock. Just move the camera to some angle that is perpendicular to the direction of the undock so that there is some of that starry black stuff visible on the screen.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Pull from multiple cans when manufacturing.
Note: When manufacturing, all ingredients must be in one container. It would be useful if you could override that and, say, have your minerals pulled from one container, and your T1 items from another container. Even better, of course, would be if it autodetected these things and suggested the first container that had the first item in it. (So, if Zydrine was listed first, for example, the first container that had Zydrine in it, regardless of whether or not there was a single unit of Tritanium in it, or not. Still better, and not too many cycles to figure out.)

1 Like

Suggestion: manually enter numeric values in flight.
Note: I don’t suppose it’s too much to ask that I might want a tad more fine control over my angle of flight, or speed, than the arrow keys and propulsion slider offer? The latter may interfere with the whole purpose of the Higgs rig, of course. As it is, I waste a lot of time getting my speed down to 12.5mps, when I’m trying to slowboat while mining. It might be fun if multiple ships could hand-enter their speed to slowboat in sync, too.

1 Like

Suggestion: select orbit direction. Or mousedrag/adjust it.
Note: More a fun thing. I want to be able to choose what plane I orbit in. However, it could be of tactical use when orbiting gates at cloakbreaking distance.

1 Like

Suggestion: Inventory access from outside the station.
Note: How much server time would be saved if a player could open a station like a can, drop their loot/ore/whatever, and warp away without having to dock first?
How much player time would be saved?

3 Likes

Suggestion: Drag and drop drones to targets
Note: I’d love to, (and I already attempted this, so I know it’s not there, yet), be able to drag and drop my salvage drones onto their targets, rather than having to radial-menu Each Separate Drone. As it is, with five drones, I can just about almost keep up with them clearing my seven targets.
Or, I can sic them on one target, and wait forever…
This would also be handy for other types of drones. Drag and drop an armor-rep drone. Drag and drop a medium combat drone.

3 Likes

Suggestion: See where an item you’re manufacturing will be dropped, and be able to CHANGE it.
Note: When you set up a manufacturing job, you can see what container it draws from, and also what container it drops into. Once the job starts, neither is visible. IF, oh, say, you just researched that blueprint, and outputted it back into your blueprint container, and you overlook changing this, you end up putting your manufactured goods in your, oftentimes very full, blueprint container. It’d be nice to be able to see where the items are going to be placed, while the job is being run, and alter it, if you realize you made a mistake.

1 Like

Suggestion: scale wardec prices to the number of wardecs in progress.
Note: Some corps basically wardec everyone. I think it’d be better if the first wardec, but each additional simultanous wardec cost more and more. Double seems about right. It’d make wardeccing everyone at once prohibitively expensive, while allowing the well-heeled the ability to afford maybe one or two, or three, more wardecs than the average corp.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Fit ship and multifit from multiple containers
Note: I keep my ammo, drones, and modules all in different containers. I’d love it if that didn’t keep getting in the way of multifit. I have to take note of what I need, find it in the container, drag and drop it to the hanger floor, then repeat with the next item. Or, just dump all my modules, drones, and ammo, (which also contains scripts,) on the hanger floor, do my fit, and then put them away after.
Please, let me select several containers to draw from, and if the item is in any of them, use it.

1 Like

Suggestion: (A generic set of) Visible badges (to place) over a portrait.
Note: Right now, the only “badge” says “Wanted”. I would like to be able to drop small icons across the portrait that remind me of things I’ve determined about a character or corporation member like “Will shoot me”, “Regular Troll”, “Interesting conversationalist”, “Owe him one”, “Leader, official or not”, etc. So I can look at a portrait and know at a glance the sorts of things I might have stuck in his Notes, or used standings for. Right now, my standings are mostly people who I consider a threat, and have no bearing on whether or not I actually like them, or think they have anything interesting to say.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Being able to edit decoration descriptions of ones you have personally created while still corp ceo

Keywords: Decorations, UI

Notes: Mistakes are made and unfortunately with decorations they cannot be rectified so duplicate medals have to be made in order to correct them for grammatical mistakes for example. Decorations given should stay with a player so being able to delete them from a player should not be desirable just being able to edit them.

1 Like

I can see you suggested only medals you, yourself, created. Good. Someone else posted how an outgoing leader awarded himself all the medals. I can see it now, all existing medals have been renamed, and re-described “garbage medal: This member is a member of a garbage corp.”

1 Like

I originally wrote this in the ‘[March] Little things in the March release’ topic. But i was directed here with my request.

I would like to request another small little change for the next patch after the March release. Or for the March release if this change is super easy to fix.

Suggestion: Stop the text you are writing in a chat window (not local) from changing place to another text field while you are docking up to a station or something. Make the text you write stay in the same chat window while you dock.

Keywords: Writing, Docking, UI.

Note: When you are writing something in a chat channel (not Local) and then just docks up while you write, then the text you are writing while you are getting the black screen and then the docking sequence is showing is landing either up in local chat or in the ‘Search’ bar in the ‘Ships’ or ‘Items’ Hangar. So half of the text you have written might be in local chat or in the Search bar in the Hangar because of that.

It depends if you have the Items or Ships hangar as the main window if the text appears in the Search bar there or in local chat.

Is this fixable for the March release or the one after that?

1 Like

Yes, please do something about accidental clicks of the chat bubble. I have accidently started a chat with one too many.

2 Likes

Suggestion: revisit the hover context menus when hovering over items
Keywords: tooltips, ui, context menu
Note: currently feels clunky and the menus get in the way of what im trying to do

When im hovering over my items, lets say i have 2 rows of items; I hover over an item in row 2 and now this huge tooltip that i cannot click through is covering all the items in row 1 and i am forced to move the mouse far away to make the tooltip popup expire so i can click the items in row 1

2 Likes

Suggestion: Collidable incursion beacons should not be collidable by titans
Keywords: physics, incursions, titans

In Incursion sites, currently the beacon itself is collidable. This means that if a titan warps in, it is going to bump 150+km in a random direction.

Could these be made non-collidable? Or otherwise moved in some way so they can’t be bumped on from the warpin? This is the #1 reason we can’t reliably bring titans into Incursion sites and it that just sounds like a ton of fun.

2 Likes

Suggestion: ‘Anomic’ mission gate names should be consistent
Keywords: ui, bookmarks, anomic missions, overview

The gate names for the ‘Anomic’ series of missions are a bit inconsistent. Some of them are correctly named, some of them not.

Given that those are tough missions and you need bling and expensive ships, it is very easy to mix up the missions when you warp to them, and you can warp a frigate to a base mission, which will get you killed very fast.

By fixing the gate names, we have a chance of verifying the gate name before warping to the anomic burner with the wrong ship or fit.

Here’s a pastebin with the current and suggested gate names: https://pastebin.com/Rp3gSNcZ

I’m talking only about the name given when you bookmark the gates. However, it would be a lovely QoL change to see these names reflected in the overview as well.

1 Like

Suggestion: Ability to save broadcast window presets (similar to Overview settings)

Keywords: ui, broadcasts, broadcast window

Note: Useful when reshipping from Logi to DPS and vice versa.
One preset for Logi to see shield or armor requests and another for DPS to see target broadcasts would improve the QOL for this jack-of-all-trades pilot.

1 Like

maybe make the refit modes be able to add to fittings?

1 Like