Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Suggestion: Ability to drag items into search text boxes
Keywords: ui, search, drag and drop
Note: Useful when you want to search for a particular item

There are times when I want to search for a particular item (like when I want to search the market, or the industry window for matching blueprints). I tried dragging that item into the search box, but nothing happens. It would be nice if it would populate the search box with the text of that item so I can easily search for it.

4 Likes

I agree that this would be incredibly useful to have back. Currently, we’re working out LP gain by counting the ISK gain in our wallet, which isn’t ideal.

1 Like

reposted from: [March] Little things in the March release

Suggestions:

• Turn off local chat option (possible for reduce lag in Jita);
  • Advanced option to turn off 3D ship \ deployable structure models in space (for low spec PCs or big fights) or give advanced settings to scaling, texture quality etc;
  • All message\info boxes not disable mouse\keyboard focus;
  • Add sorting option for local (to see how much neutrals, allies, offwars etc)
  • Add sorting ships option per type in overview;
  • Add autoconnect from socket-closed without closing client;
  • UPD: add option force use panel and overview without waiting loading space, fade in\out animation
    Expample: You log in \ undocking, you may to use panel and overview and you may to warp out, cloak, dock back without waiting render all space with ships and structures.
    Because if EVE in not SSD + hi-end graphics, you wait when the black screen disappears, at the same time you uncloaked, you move and you can not do anything.

Keyword: ui, engine, perfomance, network

2 Likes

Suggestion: Predefined timespans for planetary extractors

Keywords: pi, planetary interaction, extractor

Note: The time slider has a weird scaling making it very hard to exactly set the desired time. Some buttons that can be filled with predefined time spans (23h, 7d ect.) would safe a lot of time changin pi cycles.
Or, if you are at it anyway, a way to activate cycles for all my planets, because that is the only thing I do.

4 Likes

This. All of this.

1 Like

Add filters to local. For instance filter out neuts and blues, only display reds.

2 Likes

explosion radius diminution is not a benifit. it is normally coupled with explosion velocity which is the beneficial bonus

1 Like

suggestion: filters in contacts
keywords: UI, Search, Contacts
notes: usefull when contracting, delivering and other interactions

So simple, when i’m contracting to a contact or delivering stuff, i dont want to see all the baddies i put with terrible standing. we should be able to filter by standings, corp, alliance at the very least

2 Likes

Suggestion: Add ‘‘Anchor up on self’’ broadcast option

Keywords: fleet, fc, broadcast,

Note: Introduce a button in fleet that, when clicked, broadcasts an ‘‘Anchor up’’ command to the fleet, indicating the character that clicked the button as the ship to anchor up on.

It’s a small thing, but it could help gameplay.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Add an option to change the color of the name of the drone in the Drones window when it is performing an action, ie when fighting the color of the drones name will also be red. Additionally, the addition of a color tag would also achieve the same goal.

Keywords: Drone, UI

Note: Currently, to effectively see the action a drone is performing requires you to widen the Drones window far more than necessary, for some drones with a long name its even worse.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Add to the Probe Scanner Window the ability to filter for a specific group of named anomalies, ie Guristas Haven, Guristas Sanctum.

Keywords: Probe Scanner, UI, Filter

Note: Currently, you can only filter for a specific type, ie if i choose only anomalies i will get all named anomalies with no option to filter for a specific group of anomalies by name.

3 Likes

The price/skill hover contexts are a pain to avoid / get stalled by when:

• selecting any kind of cargo in flight (probes, boosters, drones, ammo, etc),
  • navigating the market and inventory windows in station.

This is both UI- and immersion-breaking, given that I and other experienced players

• don’t usually trust the estimated prices anyway (and you get them in the bottom margin of the inventory window anyway),
  • can see skill requirements in a dedicated info window,
  • sometimes just want to use/inspect an item without it being hidden by tips about a nearby item I just happened to mouse over!

An option to disable mouse-over pop-ups should be an easy-to-add option, like the one to disable camera shaking or invert the zoom direction.

1 Like

Suggestion: Smarter MTUs
Keywords: MTU, Salvage, Please
Note: Would be neat to have (even if its just faction ones) that MTUs could be smarter, in the sense that you could make then do stuff like “only pull wrecks with loot” “Only pull furthest away”, or to have the ability to be picked up by allowed parties. To prevent MTU flipping, you could have a notification pop-up that “X member in your fleet is attempting to pick up the MTU” then have you manually allow it.

First suggestion could be for the salvage bros, make your little puppy work smarter by handling lootable wrecks first while you pull the non lootable wrecks in. Second suggestion could be good for Dual boxers, or for people donating wrecks/lot to players.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Make it an option so when you single left click a watch listed fleet member it will make them the selected item. Also, add user selectable options when you double click them, ie double click will keep at the default range, or orbit at the default range, ect.

Keywords: Fleet, UI, Watch List

2 Likes

CCP - could we get jump bridges we have access to added to the r-click when in a system with a jump bridge we can use (only needed if the other teams slack off and don’t give us player gates to replace bridges before the Apocalypse)

1 Like

Suggestion: Number of killmarks on a ship reported on killmail. Whether it be just included on the killmail info sent to zkill or implemented into the in game killmail.

This would add to the story of each ship kill. My favorite part about eve is the story that each kill and each death represents. It adds to the history of the character and this would add a story to each ship. I feel like this would be easy to implement as well, as the killmark value already exists and would not need to be implemented, just passed into the mail.

Please I’ve never wanted anything more in my life.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Have battlecruisers restricted to using the larger (t-shaped) undocks on citadels
Keywords: Citadel. undocking, atmospheric

Every time I see my Myrmidon leaving from one of the small undocks, I die a little inside

4 Likes

Suggestion: Make adding items to the Quickbar easier by right-clicking in more places, 'Add to Market Quickbar’
Keywords: UI, Maket
Note: If for example I go into my own killmail, I cannot right-click an item in there and just add to Quickbar, I have to go into the Market, then look for the item on the left-hand side list and then click a few tabs just to be able to add it to the Quickbar. I cannot even add it to the Quickbar even if the item is showing up in the market with it listed in the stations. I cannot even do it by right-clicking the ‘i’ or when looking at the attributes, the only way to do it is by the item list in the market.

1 Like

Suggestion: Add a setting in the launcher to notify the user of required updates but not download them until manually initiated, especially for sisi. Alternatively, add a button that allows the user to pause downloads in progress, again especially for sisi.
Keywords: launcher
Note: Useful so that that users with slow internet don’t unexpectedly have all their bandwidth eaten, preventing them from launching the game.

This particularly is troublesome with sisi updates. I have repeatedly ended up in a nasty stuck state where opening the launcher starts a sisi update that sucks up my entire bandwidth so that I can’t log in (launcher login process can’t get through and returns ‘error’ when I enter my details), but since I can’t start the client any other way I can’t play the game even though TQ is perfectly up-to-date. I would like to keep sisi installed on my computer, as it is useful to be able to access it sometimes, but as it stands the mere existence of sisi locks me out of my otherwise completely up-to-date TQ installation at unpredictable (and usually inconvenient) intervals. It would be very nice if I could set it so that sisi just wouldn’t update unless I asked it to.

1 Like

Clearly show the ship type in ship info window. Somewhere prevalent, with the type glyph if possible.

3 Likes