Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Suggestion: Add buttons “warp to POCO” & “open POCO” to Planetary Prduction list.
Keywords: ui, planetary interaction
Note: Reducde PI click-fest a bitmore

When I am doing PI I do not need to warp to the planet or warp to the custom office at range. It greatly would reduce the risk of repetitive strain injuries by having those two buttons. The system as it is requires loads of clicks and mouse movements to get to the poco and open it.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Ability to set default capsule skin
ui, fitting, skin
Make capsule skins worth having

I’d like to have the ability to set a default capsule skin. This wish has been posted by lots of people all over the place. As it is there is now sense in having a skin for capsule b/c you have to re-select the skin every time you leave the active ship. Maybe put a skin selector into general preferences or somewhere?

5 Likes

Suggestions: in Fitting add different damage profiles for ehp calculation
Keywords: ui, fitting
Note: Useful for fiddling with fits

I often want to beef my fits for specific damage profiles like checking if a travel fit would survive EM bombing BS. With the current fit ehp is only calculated with omni-damage. Would it be possible to add a selection what kind of damage to use for the calculation (omni-damage, only em/thermal/kin/expl, maybe even Sansha/Serpentis…)?

2 Likes

Suggestions: Allow it to activate ships sitting in corp hangars
Keywords: ui, corp hangar. ship activation
Note: Useful to hop into corp ships

By now one has to drag a ship out of corp hangar into own ship hangar and activate from there. Would be nice to activate a ship that is sitting in a corp hangar (and by that moved into own ship hangar). Would be even nicer if ship would be stored into corp hangar again upon leaving - but that’s probably not “Little/Small”

3 Likes

Suggestion: Add item count in “multiple items” contracts
Keywords: ui, market, contracts
Note: quick estimate number of items in the contract

Useful for those who search trough many 100+ blueprints etc. contracts.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Incremental Bookmark Names

Keywords: Bookmark, UI, Automation
Note: When making a Bookmark, have the default BM name say “spot in XYZ solar system 1”, then 2, 3 etc…

Often times when wanting to make temporary safe spot bookmarks or bomber perches you need to manually edit the name every time or you will end up with a ton of BMs of the same name. If they were numbered upon creation you could at least figure out which one came before the other by sorting the list. Maybe even have a single button to press which gives some side text like "Bookmark saved as “spot in XYZ solar system 4”. Perhaps make the “spot in XYZ solar system” bit customizable to something like “Temp BM x” or “Bomber Perch Y”

3 Likes

Suggestion : Inventory filter should have additional ‘advanced’ options
Keywords: ui, inventory, industry, assets,
tl;dr: I want to see a particular set of items and exact amounts. if 1,000,000 units of tritanium are available, i would like the sort function to show me only 248,379 units of trit (currently i can see trit OR stacks of 248,379… if i dont separate the stack myself, the filter will not show anything)

Current Item Filter options are sometimes odd, sometimes useful. ie: you can sort for ‘CPU Usage’ - Less Than / Greater Than / Equal To - x [type in the amount]. Personally I haven’t used this in the 10 years I have been playing, but to each their own.

Here is an example of the further sorting I would like to see : Name - Starts with (/ Does not start with / is / is not / contains / does not contain’ are the other options) - X [here i would type Proteins for example. But for further sorting, I only want to see exactly 26, 240 items. The additional columns would be ‘Quantity - less than / greater than / equal to / show only - x’ [here i would type in 26,240]

In the end, i could have a filter that shows me a list of of the available minerals / planetary goods / capital components / structure components / etc in filtered amounts (despite what is available in the hangar) to make it easier to trade to alts, create contracts, make batches of items.

2 Likes

Suggestion : Give the ability to route PI between storage facilities / Launchpads
Keywords: ui, industry, Planetary Interaction, PI
Note: currently unable to create routing between two storage facilities

Not sure why this was the case… balance of some sort? Technical reasons?

In the spirit of reducing clicks, here’s a few more we can kill

edit: we can even keep the cooldown. routing between 2 storage facilities / launchpads would essentially be an automatic expedited transfer and create the cooldown.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Extra Bookmark subfolder
Keywords: UI, Bookmarks
Note: An extra subfolder for bookmarked locations. Sometimes you have many things bookmarked under a personal folder’s subfolder. For example, a folder named after a system, there can be many different things of interest that could be grouped under different titles in this initial subfolder of personal locations. I’m suggesting one extra because I don’t see an immediate need for several subfolders.

This is something I would find useful, but I suspect it may not be for everyone, worth putting out there anyway. Just in case.

1 Like

Suggestion: Ability to complete Agency quests via HUD

Keywords: ui, agency
Note: Agency window slow, annoying for repeatable quests

During secrets of abyss event, repeatable quests required regular visit to agency window. Suggest adding ‘complete’ button to agency section of in space HUD, see attached photo.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Agency repeatable quests rewards accumulate without acknowledgement

Note: Difficult to receive maximum rewards with current system

During secrets of abyss event, it was easy to forget to hit complete for quests during PvE. Instead of requiring player to acknowledge completion via a UI button press, have players receive awards for all cumulative quest completions upon bringing up agency window.

Example: Secrets of abyss event, player completes 3 dungeons. Upon opening agency window, player sees popup with 3 agency points for deadspace chain quest completions, 4 NPC kill count completions.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Provide optout for map with agency window

Keywords: ui, agency, map
Note: client lags due to loading map with agency window

Allow players to opt out of the map component of the agency window, to improve UI responsiveness.

7 Likes

Suggestion: Double click on module fits module when fitting window open

Keywords: ui, fitting
Note: As title

I tried doing this today without thinking, feels like an intuitive feature to add.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Allow players to disable agency icon blink

Note: As title

When I’m not actively engaged in agency activities, I don’t want my UI flashing for agency related alerts.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Don’t display standing increase/decrease for +10/-10

Keywords: ui, interactions

Note: Keep spam out of notification history

When missioning I get messages every tick announcing standing changes that make no difference because that standing is already maxed or minned out. I’ve missed important messages because of this.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Remove signatures that have despawned

Keywords: ui, scanning

Note: Signatures are too sticky

A while ago a change was made so we could leave a system and come back and our scan results would be preserved. Yay! The problem is the scans are preserved even if site has despawned. Boo! It is really bad if I pass through a number of systems without scanning and then return to do some exploration later. Most of the signatures are still there, but the scan percentage stubbornly stays at zero until I give up and filter that sig.

I understand how if I have scanned down and run a site I might want to leave system and return with a salvager or hauler and have the sig remain is good. How about this: if I don’t have a 100% scan of a signature it is removed from my history when it despawns. The is no point in maintaining the memory of a signature I cannot warp to and cannot scan further. Actually I’d be okay with removing despawned signatures always. If I run a site and don’t bookmark it that’s on me.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Allow other people to use the mobile depot fitting service in the same manner as fleet hangers. Making it available for the corp and/or fleet.

Keywords: Mobile Depot, fitting service

There have been multiple times when I needed to refit but I couldn’t because I was too close to someone else mobile depot which meant I couldn’t drop mine. It left me with 2 options move far enough away or wait til he picks his up. In fleets this can get ugly and take lots of time if you need to refit in space with no place to dock.

5 Likes

*Add the ability to move the columns on the Wallet/Transactions window.
Have a window to show P&L over time. Or a grid or something at least. (line chart prefered)

• Add a P&L column on the transactions window. Can be FIFO or LIFO, but something to help show P&L without exporting or going to spreadsheets would be nice.
1 Like

Would this be really necessary though? I mean, the facilities can take the materials from the launchpads, and can deposit the products into the launchpad, all you need is designing the routes well.
Or do you have such an overflow on the incoming part, you actually need to send some of the materials into an other storage, otherwise you would lose them?

1 Like

Suggestion: Add Individual Structures to Overview

Keywords: ui, structures, overview, stations

Note: Add/remove specific structures from overview in addition to current mechanic of being able to add/remove entire classes

With the incredible amount of structures now in space, the UI can be a bit of a hassle. The only way to currently not have 50 structures in your overview is to remove entire classes, such as refineries, citadels, and engineering complexes.

What I propose is the ability to add individual structures. For example, if my normal operations are out of a Fortizar and an Azbel, I could add these two specific structures (by name, not even all Fortizars and Azbels) to my overview without needing to see every Astrahus, Fortizar, Keepstar, Raitaru, Azbel, and Sotiyo.

1 Like