Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Suggestion: Ability to fit a ship without having to be in the ship.
Keyword: UI, Ship Fitting

I would like to be able to fit a ship without actually being in it. Right click on assembled ship in hangar, and select “fit ship” to open the fitting window for that ship. Currently in order to remove a single module from a ship without having to strip everything, I must switch ships.

11 Likes

Option for the UI to close the inventory window upon finishing looting a wreck or container.

9 Likes

Suggestion: “Spread out” option for salvage drones.
Keyword: Drones, Gameplay

Combat drones have the “Focus Fire” option to have them stick around single enemies. Salvage drones may (should have) an “opposite” option where each drone individually chooses one of your locked salvageable targets which hasn’t a drone assigned to.

16 Likes

I support the idea. Right now I manually assign individual salvage drone to those farthest targets and use ship salvager to salvage wrecks close by.

One issue with spreading out salvage drones is they are less effective than salvager by design. My salvage drone skill is at 3 now and there are so many times (when I spread them out) that they just keep failing and I end up using the ship salvager.

2 Likes

May I suggest that we get some glue for this?

2 Likes

Suggestion - notification in market order window of recently closed/completed
Keywords - UI, market, QoL

Many times when I have a number of buy and/or sell orders placed it’s not readily apparent which specific ones have been closed. Perhaps keeping the order in the list and marked CLOSED or COMPLETED would be an idea?

4 Likes

Suggestion: Keyboard shortcut for Multibuy
Keywords: keyboard shortcut, multibuy, ui, market
Note: Useful for multiboxing

Currently, you are able to open the market window, import a shopping list with two clicks on the same spot of the screen, and buy items with the “Enter” key. You still have to move your mouse to open the multibuy window though. Adding a keyboard shortcut for the multibuy window would allow you to multibox without having to move your mouse.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Allow full compatibility between the Multibuy and negative quantities
Keywords: multibuy, asset management, industry
Note: Extremely (!) useful for asset management and for industry

Eve can currently generate shopping lists for bills of materials (such as for industry) in-client. It can merge linear combinations of these shopping lists in-client. It can turn asset lists into shopping lists in-client. It can correctly merge shopping lists with negative quantities and shopping lists with positive quantities in-client. But the user still has to leave the client in order to negate a shopping list.

For example:
Let’s say you’re building widgets that take 10 Trit and 2 Pyerite to build.

1. You obtain this bill of materials in-client. You import it into multibuy, and you multiply it by 43 because you want to build 43 widgets.
  2. You go to your assets window / inventory and copy the contents into multi-buy. You multiply it by -1 because that represents the quantity of Trit/Pyerite that you already own.
  3. You merge the two multi-buy lists via export/import.
  4. You now have a shopping list of exactly the extra materials you need, and nothing more.

Step #2 is currently the only step that cannot be performed in-client. Allowing full compatibility of negative quantities with multi-buy will make inventory management in general a lot easier, and allow players to perform it without having to leave the client.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Total Skill Points in skill queue.
Keywords: Character Sheet, Skill Sheet.
Note: Eliminate guessing how many injectors you need.

Add how many Skill points are required to train all skills that are in your skill queue.

9 Likes

Suggestion: The option to pin the fitting screen
Keyword: Fitting screen
Note: All other windows can be pinned, so should this one

7 Likes

Suggestion: Read the post about some new map improvements suggestion.
Keyword: New map, Beta map.
Note: A few things that new map are missing in order to be a worthy replacement for the old one.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Allow users to ‘zero’ out count of items in multi-item sell
Keywords: market, usability
Note: It should be possible to zero out an entry to prevent it from being sold. Currently one must cancel the window, deselect the item, and restart the multi-sell process.

1 Like

Suggestion: Put Lyavite Ore on the market.

Keywords: Mining, Marketplace, Incursions

There doesn’t seem to be a reason not to have it on the market.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Notes tab in Show Info window of corporations/alliances and most importantly player owned structures.
Keywords: UI, notes, show info window
Notes: Direly needed because of all the mess with citadel access denial bulldung.

4 Likes

It would be absolutely fantastic if we could get scaling over 150% 4k monitors are extremely affordable and almost all laptops now come with extremely high density screens. The fact that I can barely see what is on my screen is really terrible :confused:

4 Likes

It would be nice if you could have entries on the calendar of your corporation for citadel fuel running out type things like is currently POSible (if you’ll pardon the pun) for player owned starbases.

7 Likes

Keybinds for fighter modules would be nice.

3 Likes

I personally always preferred the more gentle blue coloured pulse animation that tracks along your route on the old map. The new map has a violent and hectic staggered green line. Much less attractive.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Notifications when assets are automatically placed in asset safety.
Keywords: ui, citadels, assets, asset safety, notifications
Note: I just had my first experience with asset safety and I am not impressed. Assets I had in a citadel were moved to asset safety when the citadel was taken down. Now, I had no knowledge that the citadel had been taken down, and would never have known that my assets in that location were moved, if I hadn’t needed them (I can still deliver them where I want at least). It is not far out of the realm of possibility that someone might not need something, or look at the asset window for the length of time that the auto deliver kicks in, at which point, I don’t imagine they would appreciate it being possibly 20+ jumps from them. This seems like it is a feature that should have had notifications from the start, considering you are moving people’s assets without their knowledge.

10 Likes

Suggestion: Make bookmarks in right click sortable by range.

Keyword: UI,bookmarks

Note: Ease of use if in system with large amount of BM via right click so system can favor closest created BM like instant undock/dock BM and the like without need to search them in list in a fast paced environment.

3 Likes