Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Yes, but you have to be at the station to do it. :wink:

1 Like

Not at all. You can check regional stations.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you can shift-drag up to 10 bookmarks at a time to inv locations, can then share etc

1 Like

Suggestion: Ability to save current route for reuse and sharing
Keywords: route, navigation, bookmarks, share, qol
Note: would save the tedium of re-plotting frequently used routes. I know this has been requested many times before. I’ve not seen a reason why it’s a bad idea. I like to run a circuit - which circles back home - through a handful (20 or so) of the same very specific systems. Being able to load the saved route each time would be fantastic!

5 Likes

Suggestion: Merge “Inventory” and “personal assets” panels
Keywords: UI, inventory, organization

Note: So, some time relatively recently, the inventory panel was redesigned to be a lot more efficient - for that one screen you can sue the left hand tabs to move things between containers, ship cargoholds, station and corp hangars, etc. In fact teh panel has way more power than the panels for the “Personal assets”, which only let you list things and do not even give estimated values. Why not just make your “personal inventory” in each place into a tab to the left, just like everything else? Obviously, you couldn’t drag and drop things between different stations, but it would make it whole lot easier to view remote inventories. For example, when looking at your inventory at other locations you could use the sort and filter functions (which are supremely helpful)

For a gold star: when someone attempts to drag and drop things between inventories in remote stations, pop up a dialog that says “Do you want to make a courier contract with these items?”

1 Like

Suggestion: Show total value of selected items in contract creation dialog
Keywords: UI, contracts

Note: I’m sorry to be posting so many small suggestions in a row, but I’ve been playing for a very long time and have noticed a lot of things, and I want them to be separate rather than one big post. I think this is the last one.

This one is simple: please show the total (estimated) value of the selected items in the selection dialog of the contract creation screen. This is super infuriating - when creating a contract, it’s critical to have an estimate value so you can put the proper escrow for the contract. But this is one of the places where the value can’t be calculated. Sure, if it’s only one or two things you can look them up in the market, but if it['s fifty items that takes quite a while. So this request is very clear and straightforward: please display the total estimated value of select items at the bommon of the dialog. It already has a total tonnage, why not value? This already happens on the general inventory window… Thanks.

1 Like

My main is a missioner. Can we have a setting in the notification feed that allows us to ignore Pirate faction standings decreases? It’s really like half my notifications.

1 Like

Another one regarding missions. Can there be some kind of indication when you double click on a mission agent of how many missions are needed before a storyline mission is offered? Maybe like a “Trust” bar that fills from 0-16?

5 Likes

Suggestion: “Leave Ship” button when changing clones
Keywords: ui, structures, pod, changing pod,
Note: Functionality already available for Skill Extraction.

When trying to extract skills while still in a ship, the above window appears allowing you to exit the ship with a single button press.

Given how often we change pods, could we not have this option for that too?

3 Likes

Suggestion: Ability to set Inventory window to show remaining volume instead of used volume

Keywords: ui, inventory
Note: Useful for Jump Freighter and Freighter pilots trying to maximize their cargo carrying

When I am accepting contracts it would be useful for me to immediately know how much space i have left in my cargo hold rather than having to run it through a calculator constantly.

6 Likes

I was thinking about this as well. My issue and angles are a bit different… but lead to the same place. I think the search tab should be the first tab but left empty by default. Having played for over a decade the amount of stuff I have and that has to load every time I use the assets tab lags my client out for a few seconds loading everything. I then usually end up going to either the search item or solar systems tabs… rarely I’ll go to the region or constellations tab if I’m looking for local stocks of items… but with the new search assets contextual menu options the old show me all my stuff has become a bit more redundant.

A second change related to the asset window I would like to see changed is how it refreshes randomly and can reset position to the top of the list during these resets.

If you got rid of the refreshes and random access to all your assets every time you load the Assets tab… how much computing power would the server cluster save?

1 Like

Ya SOMETHING needs to be done about BPO’s and BPC’s in this game. They are HUGE HUGE HUGE itemization sinks that cause long pauses as the client loads these big lists of assets. Can’t we store all these copies and their various iterations as arrays or matrices?

1 Like

I agree with this. If they want to fix performance then stop loading all my assets every time I open this window. Sometimes I just want to find a mining crystal not scrooge mcduck my vaste hordes of wealth and toys.

2 Likes

Dunno how “little thing” it is but somekind of ingame window that would allow me to read EVE World News within game: https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/

I don’t think it would have to look or feel too complicated, just somekind of news feed. Would be very nice immersion wise, and new players could discover the lore of EVE easier this way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is practically impossible to give shares owned by a character to someone with a name as simple as mine. I just don’t show up in search and you can’t make it any more specific. Therefore I have three proposals:

1. Add to “Give shares” window “Search by” criteria like in “Create contract” window
  2. Add “Give shares” to character right click menue (only as add on to abovementioned proposal)
  3. Allow to give shares from players back to corporation. At least the corporation that issued shares and maybe other corporations as well. This can be a workaround for my issue, but can be useful on it’s own.
2 Likes

Suggestion: Add a snap to grid option for planets and templates of infrastructure setups for easy placing of PI on new planets.
Keywords: UI, Planetary Production
Note: might be hard to implement I guess but would make things a hell of a lot faster.

Everytime I go to set up my PI I have to do the same manual song and dance of putting down each piece one by one, then linking, then having to set production and route it all. A way to store an exact template of it would be perfect and so much easier. A snap to grid option would also be extremely helpful to make sure Im not wasting that precious PG/CPU on links that are slightly longer than they need to be and to help standardise layouts.

Suggestion: Flip the logos on the faction rorq skins that are placed at the front of the ship
Keywords: Ships, Skins,
Note: Should be a straight forward fix but only affects a small amount of people.

Currently on the rorq the faction skins (guristas / angel / blood raider etc.) the logo on the very front of the ship faces the front of the hull but when I siege this makes the logo upside down and as small as it is, this absolutely triggers me and in my opinion it would make so much more sense to flip the logo upside down so when its sieged the faction logo is the correct orientation and it still wont look bad when the ship is unsieged.

6 Likes

NEOCOM request.

Hi, I would like to be able to choose to dock the neocom on the top or bottom of my screen, as well as moving the information panel from the top left to another spot on the screen, and have it align left/centre/right of my choice.

4 Likes

Try sharing 500 or 1000 BMs with more than 1 person and you will get why @Red_Frog_Rufen is requesting this feature.

2 Likes

Suggestion: value per item in industry window.
Key words: ui, industry
Notes: when building multiples of an item it would be great to see a per item value, both for a product and for the input materials.

3 Likes

Why would you need it? It has the same granularity as Supply Chain Management and Scientific Networking skills. It makes perfect sense that they are in sync.

1 Like