Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Suggestion: Ability to multi-fit T3Cs.

Keywords: T3C, multi-fit, fitting.
Note: Brings T3C contract stocking in line with every other ship in the game.

Pretty straightforward, currently fitting up a large number of T3Cs is very disproportionately time consuming and prone to error when compared to every other ship currently in the game. I think multi-fit was an amazingly useful QOL change across the board that hopefully can be applied to T3Cs as well.

Suggestion: Renew expired contracts
Keywords: Contracts, UI
Note: Allow renewal of contracts where the terms are not changed (cost, contents, etc)

Not sure if this has been posted before as it seems like it would be quite a popular idea. It would be great if we could get a renewal button on expired contracts where you do not wish to change the contract itself but extend its life again. Nice little one click done from contracts menu instead of having to delete and re-setup the whole thing again.

2 Likes

Could we please have the ability to sort by NPC faction (Sansha etc) in the in game map.

The purpose of this is to show all regions that contain each rat type.

Thank you

Suggestion: Allow planetary resource scan (min/max resource limit) to be unique with each planet
Keywords: UI, Planetary Interaction, PI
Note: Currently the scanner level for PI is the same for each planet

Each planet can have a different level of resources available and when I open one planet with low resources, I move the scanner to towards the minimum to show areas of higher resources for my extractor. If I open up a new planet that is resource rich, the whole planet is white and I need to adjust the scanner again. If each planet had it’s own scan setting, this would alleviate this issue and improve QoL for PI processing.

4 Likes

Don’t you always end up in Wing 1 Squad 1? (Unless specifically invited to a squad commander’s squad)

Just use wing 1 squad 1 as your default landing squad (name it something like ‘sort yourself idjit’) and make your job specific squads not the top squad.

Suggestion: Feedback window for tutorials.
Keywords: UI
Note: New player experience is real.

New players can have trouble understanding or completing tutorials. A feedback window could be used as a tool to gauge when or where new players are struggling or even if they have completely given up.

Suggestion: Add remaining jumps counter to compact route UI in sidebar
Keywords: UI
Note: Only full route sidebar gets the jump counter

For various reasons, players may be using minimised versions of sidebar elements to free up screen space. I usually have the route sidebar so that it shows the next jump instead of the full route. However, my issue is that I then have to fully open the route sidebar in order to see how many jumps left there are in the route. In some fleets the FC may ask us to hold in x jumps to go, and I’d like to be able to know when to wait without opening the full route sidebar.

Something like that could be pretty helpful for those who may have constrained UI setups.

3 Likes

Suggestion: grey out cargo containers icons in the overview that have been checked
Keywords: overview, icons
Note: they are already greyed out in the space, use that in the overview, wtf???

cargo containers should have a greyed out icon in the overview if they were already checked for the loot and left, to make it easier to tell the difference just like ship wrecks
to make it clear i mean checking for the content and leaving it with the loot inside

its interesting they are actually greyed out in the space, but not in the overview

1 Like

Suggestion : In the Chat Tab of the Settings window expand the Auto-Reject options.
Keywords : Settings, Chat Tab
Note : I can’t take credit for this suggestion since I found this suggestion on the old forums looking how to auto-reject fleet invites. I revised it for this post. Original poster JohnPaulJones on 2014-10-06 04:10:08 UTC

The Reject Invitations selection should have similar to the below.

• Auto Reject Conversations.
    <- we have that now and its a blanket reject of everything. Make it so it just rejects conversations.

• Auto Reject Fleet Invitations
    <- I can still get conversation invites but it rejects all fleet invites.

additional

• Auto Reject Conversations from unknown (allows known + standing/corp players)

• Auto Reject Fleet Invitations from unknown (allows known + standing/corp players)

I should have brought this up last time I was able to tell you guys the idea in person it actually resulted in the most recent indy display changes… oh well. We were limited to 3 suggestions :slight_smile:

Suggestion : Allow us to add/remove columns to list mode such as to show number of runs, me and te but also disable columns like value, container, type, etx
Keywords : List Mode, Granularity
Note : This could possibly speed things up on your end as well by allowing people to toggle columns on/off in list mode, then again I want you to add more options to be displayed in list mode, so possibly not. Expanding on my actual suggestion you could literally add everything as a column option (module fitting, blueprint runs/me/te, * skills required, even alpha/omega requirements). On the blueprint side of things, which is obviously my main focus, it would prevent the need to open the industry window at all to verify run counts/availability which is known to cause a bit of a spike in resources for those of us with… above average print counts. It’s also just a general useful thing outside of industry which is why I’m suggesting it.

PS - I thought you wanted to add the manu/sci/react display to the icon hover. Was that more difficult than expected?

2 Likes

Suggestion: Restrict alliance mails to those with appropriate roles

Keywords: corporation management, eve mail
Note: Reduce accidental and intentional alliance spam from random line members

The largest alliances in EVE have upwards of 30,000 characters, yet one single member can simply start an EVE Mail to the name of the alliance and type whatever they want. This can be done accidentally (e.g. typing ‘g’ then enter could auto-complete to Goonswarm Federation), and can also be done intentionally by people trying to spam contracts etc. Alliances can apply fines to people who abuse the system or kick players, but it still seems to happen.
A lot of alliances use third-party software to talk to their line members anyway, but alliances that do use EVE Mails may find it a lot simpler if only people with suitable roles could send a mail to the entire alliance (they could also set it to everyone if they wanted to), rather than it being by virtue of being a member of the alliance.

1 Like

I hate to tell you but thats not gonna be a little thing.

Every time someone suggests “alliance bookmarks” or anything alliance related its mentioned that the entire alliance system was a an after thought of CCP added in the second expansion, so its A) old code and B) likely not well integrated into the game.

I’m sure some updates have been made over the last 15 years since its introduction, but its still gonna be a task beyond a “little thing”.

Its gonna be a lot easier for players to police themselves. Fine alliance members who send alliance mails.

1 Like

@4-AcO-DMT that already exists, well something similar (and better IMO)

If you say so. Might as well see note my interest though

Please, CCP, implement this. It will encourage more people to buy skill injectors. More money for you!
Evemon has this feature but it really should be part of the game.

Suggestion: Split “Standing Change” into two Notification, normal and “maxed”.
Keywords: Notification Settings, Miscellaneous, Standing Change
Note: The Sansha hate me (base standing -10) I do NOT want to see any more notifications on this.
Yet other standings are important to me, so I don’t want to turn all standings off.
Make the “maxed” setting something like -9 to -10.
I run Incursions, and 50 of my last 100 notifications are Sansha standing.

Suggestion: Ability to name spaceport and storage facility

Keywords: PI, Planetary interaction

Note: the naming is reset when the facility is removed.

2: Suggestion for this forum thread

Suggestion: CCP pins some suggestion.

Keywords: forum, little things

Note: some suggestions are answered by ccp, to prevent repetitive suggestions those suggestions that ccp knows cant be done, or wont be done are pined. I do read as much suggestions as i can but there are to many

3 Likes

Suggestion: ability to zoom out more when creating portrait of character, and ability to angle the camera more.
Keywords: character portrait
Note: it is hard to show of my toons prosthetics and shoes in a portrait. If the cosmetics like shoes can be shown in the portrait maybe more people would buy and use them. I would like to take an image of my character where the camera is on the ground pointing up towards the face. (this allow me to have an image looking up toward his mighty face while he is looking down toward the camera.)

Examples
Highest camera angle. (shoes can not be seen)

lowest camera angle. prosthetics can not be seen.
bild

1 Like

Suggestion: More corporation BM
Keywords: bookmark, corporation
Note: With the new 64 bit clients, when it’s fully deployed and making use of more memory (I believe this was the limitation) we could extend the Corp BM to 5000 maybe?

Suggestion: Stop chat windows flashing, instead have a little light next to the channel name turns green for activity or red for none
Keywords: UI, chat window, accessibility
Note: I’ve always found flashing windows very distracting so I have to blink off all my chats, been waiting 12+ years for CCP to change the chat from a blink blink blink to something less irritating