Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Suggestion: keyboard hotkey for the Probe Scanner docking button
Keywords: ui, Probe Scanner, solar system map
Note: Useful to dock the Probe Scanner to the map faster and in more comfortable way

Solar system scanning map takes a lot of screen so it must be closed after scanning is done. I like to keep Probe Scanner open at all times when exploring but hitting that small button to dock it to map and undock it from map when I want to close the map, and then clicking something else to close the map feels clunky. And it’s need to be done in each solar system visited when exploring.
Ideally it could be tied to solar system map, opening it like right now when docking button is pressed and automatically closing when Probe Scanner is being undocked from the map.

SUGGESTION: Assign Overview Icons for Ships to their respective Market Categories

KEYWORDS: UI, Market, Icons, Ships

NOTE: The ship categories on the market, at the moment, all use the same generic, shrunken icon. Instead, why not use the in-space/overview icons of each shiptype in their market tabs? At the very least, it looks better - and at most, it could make things flow just a bit more smoothly when looking into the Market.

7 Likes

As Bas Bas said, I have a collection of 1700 BM that I want on all my characters, it take hours to do.

* Filter messages that contain contracts

Esc>settings>chat channel settings>filter messages that contain contracts in: -

Local Channel :ballot_box_with_check:
Corp channel :ballot_box_with_check:
Fleet channel
Other game channels :ballot_box_with_check:
Player created channels
Private chat channels

1 Like

Suggestion: Renaming Amarr Navy to Imperial Navy

Keywords: ui, lore, clarification
Note: This corp is not named consistently.

In a ACL for example “Amarr Navy”. Under show info: “Imperial Navy”. Logo also states Imperial Navy. Ticker is “AN”. In the description of the “Zarmazd” it is named “Imperial Navy” which is not searchable because it is named at this part “Amarr Navy”.

42%20-%20Kopie

2 Likes

Suggestion : Allow carrier contracts with just shrink wrapped fitted ships to be put in the maintenance bay. This might mean having a specialized carrier contract option for just ships.
Keywords : contracts, carrier, ship maintenance bay.
Note : The ship would be shrink wrapped like all carrier contracts and you would be able to place the delivery item in the ship maintenance bay… The carrier contract would conform to the standard requirements for a ship(s) that are placed in a ship maintenance bay, no modules in the ship cargo bay. Checking the restrictions on the contents would be done as they are now just before they are placed in the ship maintenance bay and/or if its a specialized carrier contract for just ships during the creation of the contract…

It be nice to include modules in the ship’s cargo bay but I’m keeping the suggestion within the existing restrictions…

4 Likes

A popup that shows ME/TE when you mouse over BPOs/BPCs would be amazing

1 Like

In the PI UI screen, fix right click warp to to actually warp the the POCO instead of the planet

1 Like

Suggestion: A notification on the character when a MCT is activated.

Keywords: ui, MCT, Notifications
Note: It currently does when plex is applied against the character, but not a MCT.

The warp to customs office option should be there too, at the bottom.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Lowering Mobile Depot reinforcement time from 48 hours to 2 hours

Keywords: Mobile Depot, legacy, quality of life, overhaul
Note: Helps in cleaning up spammed Mobile Depots

Current state of EVE does not warrant 48 hour timer at this point with Citadels as Mobile Depots are only used for quick refits which take 1-2 minutes & storing Rorqual mining drones, and also as spammed advertisements so reducing the timer to something which you do not have to set an alarm clock for would be a timely revision of the Mobile Depo.

5 Likes

Planetary interaction

Storage Facility:

double click on material in route list add new route rather than open information sheet.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Market Browser collapsing item tree after leaving an item

Keywords: ui, market
Note: Helps in keeping the Market Browser clean and easy to navigate

With a new change when you open an item in the Market Browser the left side market tree opens all the way to the individual item, yet upon closing it or moving to another item the item tree does not collapse itself on the previous item so you are left with a massive mess to clean up after just for example, updating market orders on a handful of items.

Suggestion : Asset vault similar to PLEX vault to share assets between characters on same account.

Keywords: Assets, Sharing, Account
Note: Ease of transferring assets between characters on same account

Currently if wanting to transfer assets: ships and modules etc between your own characters on the same account it essentially has to be done with contracts, multiple station trades via separate characters/accounts (if you have them), or corp hanger if in same corp. Would be good to have a asset vault (can be a set size) that all characters on the account can access similar to PLEX vault accessibility.

Suggestion: Containers for Ship Hangar
Keywords: ui, Ship hangar, sorting
Note: Allows player to sort ships by their usage type for quick access

Would be nice to have containers where assembled ships could be stored and they appeared in Inventorys Ship hangar. This allows players to sort their ships into logical sets for quick access (like armor tanked ships into one container and shield tanked into other).

2 Likes

Alliance’ bookmarks, wallets & taxes …

Suggestion: Confirmation dialog when leaving fleet as FC
Keywords: ui, fleets, protecting users from themselves
Note: Prevents accidental fleet loss due to player error

If a fleet commander accidentally misclicks in the fleet menu, it is easy to leave accidentally. A confirmation dialog would offer a chance to reconsider and correct such mistakes.

Suggestion: Ability to switch which character is training without pausing

Keywords: training, skills

Note: It’s currently very time consuming to switch training between two characters on an account

I’m sure there’s some technical issues preventing this from working, but if it’s at all possible it would make accounts so much easier to manage if starting training on one character automatically stopped training on whatever character was already training, or bought up a selection box for which one to stop when MCTs are in use.

1 Like

BONG… I spend a lot in time in wormholes BONG… and typically press the V BONG… key every few seconds. BONG…

Now, I know you can turn down BONG… the UI sound volumn BONG …. but this is for the whole BONG… interface group

BONG… It would be really BONG!.. really nice if we could BONG… turn down this specific BONG… interface sound BONG… or select to not BONG… to have a sound play BONG… when pressing Dscan BONG … because BONG… this dam BONG… dscan sound effect BONG… is driving me crAZY BONG

Muting all the sounds BONG … silences the dscan notification BONG sound **BONG but also mutes BONG… useful sounds like the probes returning. BONG

BONGBONGBONG… Sorry about that BONG … I thought I saw a BONG… Loki on dscan BONG

I know this has been BONG mentioned on these BONG forums before BONG But Please please BONG CCP Karkur BONG HELP US BONG

You are our BONG only hope!

Suggestion: Ability to Mute BONG on dscan

Keywords: ui, BONG, directionalscanner
Note: Sanity

6 Likes

You win the internet for today :slight_smile:

10/10