Is this really happening?

Frick, yeah!

About time. Kudos CCP.
High risk, high reward, yes.

Let it burn.

3 Likes

byebye botters

3 Likes

To be clear, Iā€™m not sure if the approach is the best way but I is about time that 0.0 stops to be the safest places in eve!

3 Likes

There is an issue and it is pretty stark.

I always thought that for people playing it without automated intel reporting bots and doing it by being at the keyboard the system as it was with local was pretty balanced, especially if you were what I call at system zero, in other words as soon as someone arrived in local you had to react to it. It was finely balanced.

It was people who min/maxed the hell of it that got to the position where removing local was the only option, well done for ruining this game and giving easy kills to the PvP players who can prove how good they are by easy pickings. This does not make you good by the way.

So I find myself supporting this because it is the only way to deal with the excesses, but hell it destroys what I saw as the finely poised cat and mouth game that had over time moved more and more towards the hunter with faster warping ships, ships that do not show on D-scan and more people being BLOPā€™s able which was countered by more people turtling up in major blocks.

The only option you have now is to operate within big blocks, and to be blunt that is not good, however what it will do is take out a whole group of players who will run back to hisec and in effect this will reduce the size of those big blocks.

This change makes it so the balance of actual real play ignoring bots and automation is now firmly balanced in favour of the hunter. At this point people have a lot of assets and they can withstand the loss as a whole, but CCP needs to bear in mind that if people see their net worth going down and have the perception that they are losing they will give up. That has already happened in hisec with the -25% ROF being removed from destroyers and no adjustment to mining ship tanks for two and a half years. CCP you need to keep on top of this.

When I was in TIKLE we did not have any automated local intel system, just players watching gates and this will of course work to a degree. The real question is will the map data be adjusted to help or hinder. Because at this point if I was a small alliance in nullsec and there are some. I would look at the map and would periodically have head counts to check if there was anyone else in system.

I would say one more thing, CCP you have to nerf cynoā€™s in some way.

3 Likes

This is the best decision you guys have made in a long time, and what this game needed desperately.

4 Likes

Anything that reduces the influence of the big Alliances in Null must be a good thing. Will this change make that happen?

Clearly I am an independent explorer :wink:

Can we also have more Drifters killing more Null Alliance infrastructure please?

2 Likes

Š­Ń‚Š¾ ŠæŠ¾Š»Š½Š°Ń хŠµŃ€Š½Ńā€¦ ŠµŠ²Š° ŠæŠ¾Ń‚ŠµŃ€ŃŠµŃ‚ Š¼Š½Š¾Š³Š¾ Š¼ŠµŠ¼Š±ŠµŃ€Š¾Š².
do not do this.

idle out, for non station idles definately a winner

And wonā€™t be in the future, but you still claim there will be at least chance to fight hunters vs hunters, why there isnā€™t now? Why small gangs donā€™t fight with other small gangs? This change is very good but too late. CCP always focused heavily on NS and grow spoiled kids for itself. NS should be dangerous for what it is worth. Next thing nullbears will cry for is auto dscan and hunters cyno change.

I predict that cloaks will get a nerf in some manner, but I donā€™t know exactly how. We have tasted Fozzieā€™s modus operandi before: they make a change, itā€™s too radical, they say ā€œoh crapā€ and then heavy-handedly smack it again with even less thought.

So if it becomes a bloodbath, yeah I would expect overreaction. I support this change because the game is becoming too Farmville. It has catered too long to the people who do everything with one eye on their wallet and are not actually playing the game. Itā€™s mainly the fault of CCP for catering to them for far too long. And this, for me, comes after the realization from conversing in the other threads that the game actually had MORE players when it was more difficult. Exploration stands as a perfect example of this. People need that option for challenging and solo content. You canā€™t do say a solo bomber or recon roam when you show up in local and everything is docking in 10 seconds and a fleet of supers shows up in 20.
All these years the gankers complained endlessly about their chosen play being ā€œnerfedā€ and yet that was the only thing left to any challenge in the game that was being done with any fervor or satisfaction. Thatā€™s the irony.

I donā€™t know what kind of people these ā€œKrabsā€ are. Reason being, and a second level of irony, is that I never communicated with one. Because they simply never communicate.

Possibly local is being taken out, even temporarily, because nullseccers donā€™t actually ā€œtalkā€ in it. Indeed it IS abuse, when all it was used for was to instantly dock up and call in the blob without even a word.

I suspect that cloaking might get nerfed as such the same space effects that have affected local may also cause cloaks to go offline sporadically. This I hope: randomness. The game has been so lacking in randomness, and so attractive to mindless min-maxers for so long, just give an old bittervet explorer some randomness, like ā€œIā€™m going to undock but I have no idea whatā€™s going to happenā€ randomness. Hopefully cloaking is not nerfed with some dumb fuel requirement that, in the Fozzie flavor, takes 40 seconds to reload (yeah Iā€™m still buttmad over those rapid missile launchers).

I would also welcome the randomness of sporadically unreliable probe interference, and d-scan damping too, that comes and goes with ā€œthe weatherā€ so to speak.

And last but not least, bring back mines and introduce mines that can cloak. That would be funny. But imagine being able to set nice traps with those.

2 Likes

You can gift plex

So you mine for and build your own ships and modules then? Riiiight.

2 Likes

How about instead of 47 afk accounts we get 47 active players? Will ccp lose income, then?

2 Likes

Amen to this.

1 Like

If you think that would be the result of a permanent blackout, you are delusional. This game is too old for that, there are plenty of pewpew only games out there. The worldbuilding part of EVE is its backbone.

1 Like

Regionchat is completly useless. There will be so many entries that you wonā€™t be able to read them.

1 Like

do you have to lose ā€œchatā€ to not have character panel and counter ? or is it a system bjorked thing

to be honest think i could see that being good game wide P

Love it, thx CCP!

thatā€™s how all the now enthusiastic pvpers will end - as moronic beggars

1 Like

You can easily optain those kills without delayed local. With delayed local problably there will be less miningfleets out in space. So not ā€œtimes 10ā€ but 1/10ā€¦