LVL 4's What to fly

No, that’s called to not participate in the discussion because you feel “entitled to your opinion”.

Your opinion is useless if it’s not based on facts. Literally what I posted previously. Your personal taste on the matter are unrelated to the discussion.

All this can be summed up easily, my experiences.

That’s it, the fact that YOU are not seeing is the difference between your skill set and levels and mine may make our experience different, accept that.

it is an open discussion not a PM between you are the OP, OP asked for suggestions and that’s mine, I’m entitled to it not to be constrained by what your experience may be, not everyone will conclude the same way, accept this and life will become less adverse.

You are not.

It’s a discussion about what is good, not about what you like. Because what you like, and what other may like, is completely different. When you are talking about what you like, then you are by definition out of the discussion because what you like can not be transposed to what other people like. While facts can. That’s why in a discussion you need to bring facts, not feelings.

To convey feelings is called “art”, not “discussion”.

It’s fine to have your preferences, but then completely ignoring the argument that do not match your feelings is just saying, you are wrong and you know it.

Example : I liked doing some L4s in a hyperion blaster fit. It still is not something that I would advice, because it’s actually much less efficient than a typhoon or a raven, requires much more attention.

1 Like

You can go on splicing minutiae on anything one wishes, fact is I have excellent results with both recommendations, are there better options, there is always some else’s better option, if you want to simply point to a spreadsheet and say look at numbers without considering the the multitude of combinations, we have many tools at our disposal, give someone your view of it and let them decide, by locking them into doctrine doesn’t equate to fun.

Anyway have it your way, your right, your always right.

1 Like

Tengu is fun. Not as strong but fun.

Regular BS’s can be fun. Armageddon’s my favorite plane Jane I think. Typhoon and Raven are decent, their Navy Big sisters are both really fun. Domi is really cool with the MJD drone sniper builds. Navi Domi is another good one.

The Mach and the Rattlesnake are really great. I either never flew the Nightmare, or flew it and sold it immediately (in lui of a Paladin). Of course, all 4 marauders are great RN.

1 Like

I find it entertaining how many replies without any information about:
1 - Whats your current skills;
2 - Are you going to shoot stuff or drone stuff, I recommend drone stuff, but AI can be a biatch about drones;
3 - Do you want to have fun or be effective af?

smaller ships / sig tanking / be fast <-> bigger ships / EHP tank / slow + MJD.

I used to do L4’s with CNI and cruiser missiles (very solid tank) you cannot go wrong with RS also, but I never pilot one, I’m not versed in sentry drones. After losing two because IT’S SO BOOOOOOOORING (went afk without turning modules ON) I went NS. Now I do the fun way, small cruiser way. Your mileage may vary.

Raven is for sure the first entry ship to do L4s, some Guristas’ missions can make you sweat.

So after reading this, go back and read above, it’s good stuff, but sometimes people forget to ask: “what do you want and how do you want”.

Also, some missions are real traps if you’re not ready, ffs bring a MJD!!! Thank me later.

If you just want to stomp stuff, marauders ofc. I don’t have that much patience to train for that.

1 Like

OP stated they were undecided, so its safe to say they have zero skillpoints in anything that can run level 4’s except for the base skills.

Yeah I am undecided, although with the current skills I have I can fly a Domi but I just wandered what else did the job especially as I don’t have any other large weapon system trained so I was going to train according to this thread. But as I already had drones skills for now I’m going for a HAC but I’ll probably just run with a Sentry Domi until HAC is ready.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Lol that was a joke. Google the fit.

I would go for a Rattlesnake. I use a passive tank, and have 1.5K DPS. I can clear sites very quickly. It’s top speed is a little slow but if this is an issue I put in a Micro Jump Drive.

Just to clarify the tank does not need to be epic as I can destroy even the fastest smallest targets with the rapid heavy launchers. Clear the frigates and cruisers first then you can let loose your drones safely. You’ll find at the rate it destroys ships your tank will never be stretched for long.

Kestrix

I’d recommend using a Praxis as a setting stone towards getting a Rattlesnake.

If you like the Domi that too is a very good ship as it has great flexibility with it’s fitting.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.