Best setup for l4

best setup for l4 is tengu and loki right
tungo for th/k
and loki for everything else
so 2 lokis and a tengu is optimal in the current meta right

Well if you are only going the T3 route those two choices are ok, but I think for much cheaper a rattlesnake set up is better, the Tengu may struggle with DPS if you go with heavy missiles rather then heavy assault missiles, Loogie I not familiar enough.

We need more specific about which “best.”

Best burner?
Best blitzing?
Best clear out?
Most convenient?
Most lazy/AFK?
Best Alpha clone?

I kinda want more info about alpha ones.

1 Like

Due to L4’s constantly chewing through drones, I prefer using a Cruise Missile Raven with T2 Fury and Precision missiles, Shield Tanked. Can handle everything solo except Angel Extrav Bonus.

no burners etc.

I have been using a Leshak…it burns through pretty much everything. Control your triggers and you won’t have problems.

2 Likes

that

idk about alpha ones thought they cant use it

anyway i figured tengu and loki are best because they share the same implants and run a 2 slot tank in the right resists

Most convenient == most fun? Than you just put three FOF missile rattlesnakes 70-80 km from NPC, launch Warden II and go make yourself a coffee. You tripple box your game and 3 BS will out dps any 3 T3C setup. So your ISK/hour efficiency will be higher.
Of cause if you like micromanagement of manual flying 3 T3C under NPC fire, that is whole different story.

This. Pretty much this. Need the fit.

my life depend on it. My cat gonna die without it. Save the cat.

P.s. I dont have cat.

1 Like

[Rattlesnake, Allexandria Alexy Voltia’s cat savior]

C3-X ‘Hivaa Saitsuo’ Ballistic Control System
C3-X ‘Hivaa Saitsuo’ Ballistic Control System
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Federation Navy Drone Damage Amplifier
Federation Navy Drone Damage Amplifier

Large Micro Jump Drive
Dread Guristas Thermal Dissipation Field
Dread Guristas Kinetic Deflection Field
Missile Guidance Computer II, Missile Precision Script
Gist C-Type Large Shield Booster
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Missile Guidance Computer II, Missile Precision Script

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Scourge Auto-Targeting Cruise Missile I
Cruise Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Scourge Auto-Targeting Cruise Missile I
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Drone Scope Chip I
Large Drone Control Range Augmentor II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II

Bouncer II x2
Curator II x2
Garde II x2
Acolyte II x5
Warden II x2
Ogre II x2

Mid-grade Crystal Alpha
Mid-grade Crystal Beta
Mid-grade Crystal Gamma
Mid-grade Crystal Delta
Zainou ‘Snapshot’ Cruise Missiles CM-603
Zainou ‘Gnome’ Shield Management SM-703
Inherent Implants ‘Squire’ Capacitor Management EM-803 (or GP-803 if you are good with capacitor)
Zainou ‘Deadeye’ Target Navigation Prediction TN-903
Zainou ‘Deadeye’ Rapid Launch RL-1003

Hardeners must be changed to rat specific damage. Drone control range over 100 km, just LMJD 80-100 km from NPC, deploy MTU and start shooting. Range is tank. Almost 1300 DPS from one ship, 3 times so you get about 4000 DPS mission blitz machine.

3 Likes

Have you tried using faction drones, they lack the max 10% bonus damage from tech 2 skills, but they are very tanky and have an aggressive sheild recovery speed

2 Likes

3 machs will send every mission rats to /dev/null in less time than you need to get 1 bit of entropy.

You just need barrage , passive buffer, and everything melts like it had negative pressure.
MJD+MWD mandatory.

Really, the time it takes for missiles to go to target makes the rattle/tengu not as interesting as it looks.

2 Likes

hadn’t considered it, since using T2 drones I had to keep an eye on when they were locked up like every 3 ships id kill with them.

Depends what L4s and what playstyle.

If you are going for full clears then any of the Cruise Missle Battleships. if you are going for stuff like solo epic arcs I recommend Navy Scorpion. I use it for that and it works very well, no need to duo or multibox anything its a good ship.

That said, there aren’t that many of the big missions, most are actually small or mid size and on those being in a battleship will actually end up causing you quite severe time loss when you average it all out. They’re just too clunky and too slow.

Tengu is great for kinetic, not thermal. Loki IMHO is best overall, it has super easy to fit omni tank and relatively easy to get almost 1k DPS with HAMs on it and its DPS remains consistent regardless of damage type you need. So basically battleship DPS in a well tanked cruiser. Hell, its tank actually surpasses tank on some battleships as well.

Then there is always the Gila. Perfectly capable of doing all L4s as well.

If you wanna try something fun, try a Vedmak. Its superb for mid size and smaller missions. It does take bit longer on the large ones full clears because it has short range weapons so you have to move from group to group, but other then that it kinda kicks ass.

1 Like

Vedmak looks extremely interesting, indeed ^^
And compared to a L4 battleship (outside of Machariel), a cruiser will go extremely fast with a MWD so flying through the pocket will be easier. Hell, once I’ll have my skills for Rokh, I’ll try some Vedmak shenanigans ^^

I thought rokh had been nuked by CCP on october balance ?

1 Like

uh
Wha happened to Rokh ?

nothing on the rokh was touched as far as i can see… scorpion was touched. but i don’t believe the rokh was… Rook was messed with .

I only trained in the Rokh for bombing. not really turrets.

Why don’t you just fly what you have the most fun flying with? There are many good ships out there that can do the job just fine and if you must you can fly more than one ship at the same time.
If you wanna fly a loki and a tengu, fly a loki and a tengu, as simple as that.

Just for sake of it, I did level 4 missions in a Harpy for a while, just because I could. Success is what you define it should be.

5 Likes

My bad, my bad ! hides

3 Likes

No problem mate ^^