L4 Mission Brawler

Hey guys,

Which ship would you say is the best brawler for L4’s?

I’m looking to warp in and not move while killing everything. I’m thinking one of the marauders, I can pilot Golem, Kronos and Vargur but never actually used one…

What would you suggest? I’m not really into the MJD sniper play style, would rather be up close and personal :grin:

How inelegant.

Blaster kronos?

4 Likes

Paladins are also very nice, depending on the faction you run against.

2 Likes

Because you’d need to reach rats sometime quite far and may need to change dmg type from mission to mission I’d have to say golem

If you have the skills to support the hull, Kronos is a good option with 4x t2 blasters. you will have enough high power slots left to support salvage operations (i.e. tractor beam and salvager), a drone range extender and the siege module and if you armor tank the damage you can fit 2 tracking computers, a sebo and prop mod, in the low slots if you use 3 slots for ur armor equipment then you can utilize 2 mag stabs and 3 tracking enhancers, for rigs I recommend an anti- explosive pump, a burst aerator, and a possible tracking booster. for armor protection I would use eanms (faction or better) and a deadspace x-type armor repairer; and for Drones I would use t2 light attack drones

Lot of Kronos love here.

Yah, I’ve flown Vargur and Kronos, and I’d have to say blaster Kronos is the laziest. Hits hard, has almost 70km falloff with Null ammo, and it’s crazy good tracking allows to hit npc frigs sometimes as close as 10km. I rarely have to send out combat drones. Usually I just have salvage drones out while I’m killing. And it’s still not fast enough, I often have to assist MTU and salvage drones with a tractor beam and T2 salvager.

I usually just brick tank and agro entire room, and as all the npc’s are spiraling inwards, I’m killing smallest to largest, and closest to furthest. Usually this ends up with the close orbiting battleships being the last ones killed, which by then I’ve switched to Void ammo, melting them with 1200dps in my half-ass fit. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I use the Paladin rather than the other Marauders. Mainly b/c then I can carry a couple of extra Crystals, instead of mountains of extra ammo.

3 Likes

Thanks guys.

I really like the idea of a Golem, with the ability to select every damage type. But the ammo, like has been pointed out, could take up a lot of cargo. Missiles were what attracted me to Caldari 5 years ago and I still like the idea of missile spam.

Currently in Caldari space but I’m very tempted to move to Amarr space and grind up standings for L4’s, lasers seem fun. Plus I can bring my alt in a nightmare as she skills for a Paladin too

Could someone please link fits for a Golem and Paladin L4 brawler, I think I have a nice fit for both but not sure about rigs

Here’s my L4 Paladin.

• Deals 697 dps Imp Multi / 778 dps Conflag, out to 42km
  • Deals 556 dps with Scorch, out to 100km (scripted)
  • More importantly, it can rep 1884 dps stable.
  • Smarties are for popping those close orbiting Frigs that try and chew up any drones you send out.
  • Threw a Nos on there just in case I don’t get around to popping anything Neut related for a while. It’s stable w/o it though if you keep the Smarties and the MWD off most of the time.

Basically, you warp in to any site. Maybe MWD closer to the targets to avoid relying on Scorch as much. Then Siege in place and drop the MTU. It’ll clean up wrecks while you F1 (and maybe F2 for the Web if they’re close enough) your way to glory. I only bother with the drones to clean up Frigates that don’t wander close enough for the Smarties.

1 Like

yikes, this one does about double the damage of that one, if you want to go full cap stable can pretty easily drop a heat sink or a tracking comp for a cap recharge mod. But full cap stable is pretty silly imo since the main reason for that is to survive a disconnect and in that case your guns should turn off unless you are trying to shoot something you can’t hit or something with a ton of HP. Most fits with 5-10 mins are going to be cap stable with only the rep running.

Also this fit is a touch shiny, most items have had price increases since I made the build, I’d probably use a lower meta rep, and maybe drop a faction heatsink for another t2. Can also swap to tachyons pretty easily, I usually run with those as they can hit pretty much anything anywhere in mission ranges, and outside of conflag range pretty sure they do more damage.

[Paladin, Mega Pulse]

Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Heat Sink II
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Damage Control II
Centus X-Type Large Armor Repairer

Shadow Serpentis 500MN Microwarpdrive
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script

Mega Pulse Laser II, Conflagration L
Small Tractor Beam II
Small Tractor Beam II
Salvager II
Bastion Module I

Large Energy Burst Aerator II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Acolyte II x15

As for the golem this is the fit I used to fly, but it’s just so boring. No idea on the math of painters vs guidance computers or rigors vs flares, but you can probably make a tweak there for slightly better application.
[Golem, Golem lv4s]

Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Ballistic Control System II

Pithum C-Type Medium Shield Booster
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Domination 100MN Afterburner
Republic Fleet Target Painter

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Fury Cruise Missile
Bastion Module I
Small Tractor Beam II
Small Tractor Beam II
Salvager II

Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst II

Hobgoblin II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5
Hornet II x5

Inferno Fury Cruise Missile x4254
Inferno Precision Cruise Missile x4656

I am assuming that by brawling you mean close-range high dps fighting… therefore I suggest a Torpedo Golem, Pulse Laser Paladin, Blaster Kronos or Autocannon Vargur. It’s quite possible to fit enough range/tracking rigging to any of these to enable you to be flexible with applying your damage too.

Me personally, I use a Torpedo Golem. Cruise Missiles just don’t cut it for me because of low clip size and slow rate of fire. When Bastion is switched on, I can get around 60km range with Rage Torpedoes on any damage type.

I went with a pulse Paladin and it does exactly what I need. Warp in, bastion, kill everything while dropping MTU, bookmark, warp to next pocket and repeat.

Was tempted with the Golem but opted for the Paladin, the ammo count was the deciding factor. 20 of Scorch and Conflagration, and I’m set for quite a while

Sacrificing half your range sounds like a real pain. I prefer 118km targeting range Cruise Missiles and shooting everything from the one spot. On many missions, this will be faster because you don’t need to move to your targets.

I used to use an AC mach. It has reasonable range, selective damage, warps fast, is fast when you need to burn, instant blaps frigs. IIRC was around 1300/1400 dps and could get away with a pith x medium shield booster and 70% omni for tank. Only mission it couldn’t run would be the ones with stupid amounts of ewar. So maybe you could use a Vargur just for those missions.

with all V but project spec IV, I only have 1189 DPS with 4 rf gyrostabs on my hail mach.
strange…

Polarized?

(cant make empty post)

Most likely embellished his numbers

Well there’s no such thing as a pith X medium shield booster, so yeah, just making stuff up could be it…

However, if you throw on a T1 DPS rig (burst aerator), and include (heavy) drones (with 4x RF gyros) Pyfa says an AC Mach can hit 1478 dps… and with a single prop mod, remaining rigs used for shield resists (as well as most of the mids) you do end up with ~70% omni tank… and an XL X-type shield booster doesn’t fit, so you need to drop down to a Large X-Type with room for prop mod (MWD/LJD) and cap booster.

So maybe. :slight_smile:

That other people don’t fit their ships exactly like you do?

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

That people need to exaggerate their DPS
Remember that hail is not interesting in most fights, only vs angels. most cases you go with rf, for the range, the tracking, and the damage type. Only reason to go hail is vs elite drones BS or angel BS( the one with the carrier wreck). same for heavies, you don’t use them unless in very specific missions where you only have to kill BS.

1 Like