L4 Mission Brawler

< sigh > My point was that it wasn’t exaggerated…

1478 dps → Hail (exp, mostly)

1351 dps → RF EMP (em, mostly)

1351 dps → RF Phased plasma (therm, mostly)

As you are clearly aware, it’s dependant (mostly) on the rats you’re going up against… last I checked that sure looks like “around 1300/1400 dps”, unless your definition of “around” varies greatly to mine?

Just because you don’t, does not mean other people don’t.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

My point was that it’s not the real DPS you have when fighting. typically you don’t even care about the drone DPS because they are too slow to move target and you need to babysit them to not get chewed by rats. Sorry but when you talk about DPS it needs to be effective DPS, not theoretical maximum possible under very specific circumstances (aka “when I use drugs in the good wh effect with guns OH and a friend painting it”).

But fine, then you can go 1300-1400 DPs including the drones with hail on a mach. I did not think you would hold so much to your e-p.

When you go cherry picking quotes and making snide comments

It makes you sound like a massive douche. Especially when you insist on discussing “effective DPS” which is only valid when it meets your exacting specs. Lol.

Pretty sure this proves my point, keep up the good work.

Later,
Cypr3ss.

this make you a massive douche.

All is fine it was what the guy saw on his fitting tool with hail and drones no need to start a fight over it.
I never use hail and rarely use heavy drones on machs so my mind remembers it around 1000 dps or so.

yeah, I asked why my typical not overblinged fit had less, even with hail that is not what I use nor drones because they are worthless.

The correct answer was to say that adding a rig would increase the DPS enough, but this guys needed to prove he’s a massive douche.

Same, that’s why I even took the time to log in my toon, simulate the fit I had somewhere and ask myself if something had changed since last time I used a mach.

add in implants 2x 5% implants gets you up to 1301 gun dps, and drones can take you over 1500 on an all 5 character, gunspec 4 would be 1277. But that’s mostly EFT warrioring.

easy mistype between a or c, honestly shouldn’t really matter c-type is more than enough for general missions.

That’s a good ideal, but it’s hard to quantify. If players are talking about high end mach fits I assume they have enough game sense to know things like how to choose ammo, and that they are going to lose damage to falloff. Anyway I look at it the mach has elite mobility and high damage and that combo is what makes it one of the best all around mission ships. Anything from 1000-1500 dps makes sense on the low end it’s faction ammo gun only damage and on the high end it’s a pure dps fit.

2 Likes

Are you counting drone dps ?

I could be wrong though it’s a long time since i’ve flown a mach in an L4.

Thank you

I made that post around 07:00 while trying to get ready for a dogshow. So it was a bit of a rush job and i couldn’t double check exact fittings and stuff. What you’ve posted though sound about right o7

Edit: fit is probably something like this

[Machariel, Mission runner]

Syndicate Damage Control
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Sentient Signal Amplifier
Republic Fleet Tracking Enhancer

Gist X-Type 500MN Microwarpdrive
Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pithum A-Type Medium Shield Booster
Federation Navy Tracking Computer, Optimal Range Script
Federation Navy Tracking Computer, Optimal Range Script

800mm Repeating Cannon II, Republic Fleet EMP L
Small Tractor Beam II

Large Projectile Collision Accelerator II
Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
[Empty Rig slot]

Federation Navy Hobgoblin x5
Gecko x2

Genolution Core Augmentation CA-1
Genolution Core Augmentation CA-4
Genolution Core Augmentation CA-3
Genolution Core Augmentation CA-2
Social Adaptation Chip - Standard
Inherent Implants ‘Squire’ Capacitor Systems Operation EO-606
Ogdin’s Eye Coordination Enhancer
Inherent Implants ‘Squire’ Capacitor Management EM-806
Eifyr and Co. ‘Gunslinger’ Surgical Strike SS-906
Eifyr and Co. ‘Gunslinger’ Large Projectile Turret LP-1006

Agency ‘Pyrolancea’ DB3 Dose I

Barrage L x4000
Hail L x4000
Tracking Enhancer II x1

That’s 1496 dps with EMP/Plasma

BTW i’m a filthy rich incursions runner with over 60 mill concord LP saved up before anyone starts about the +6% implants. Also i have absolutely maxed out skills for flying a mach (it is an incursion main ship after a all)

EDIT: foods has just been delivered I’ll up date post after.

Edit:2 Ok Large Projectile Collision Accelerator II is so you can alpha frigs in one shot. The ROF rig does give more dps BUT can lead to two shotting frigs which is less efficient.

Geckos you just slap on a random BS while you kill everything else.

Sentient Signal Amplifier is so you can lock on slightly faster and have more locks as things die so fast. Depending on the L4 mission you can drop the sig amp for another tracking enhancer and then drop a tracking comp for a sebo in frig heavy sites. As lockon time is the biggest thing to slow you down.

As long as you don’t set of all the triggers off in a site (use eve survival) this is a great boat for most of the L4 missions. The only time it does fail though is in the ewar heavy sites. For them the only thing you can really use is a Marauder in bastion as they’re such a pain in the arse.

EDIT3: Also this ship should be able to kill the dread pirate scarlet before she can warp off.

5 Likes

smart bombs in high sec is a stupid idea… just saying

1 Like

Undocking is risky, unless you’re smart about it. =)

There have been times when I was swarmed by Frigates, and I couldn’t launch my Light drones b/c they would immediately drop aggro and shred them to pieces.

So… you make sure there is absolutely nothing within range that Concord might think is worth avenging. Then you click over to Red, fire off the Smarties until the Frigates are gone, and then click back to Green/Yellow and press on with your day.

“It’s better to have it, and not need it. Than to need it, and not have it.”

1 Like

watch out for cloaky ships…

Lol, sure. If you’re bored enough to follow me around from mission to mission. In the hopes that maybe I’ll fire off the Smarties and you can get me Concorded. Unless the same Frigs that I’m trying to chase away happen to decloak you first.

But sure, we’ll go with extreme hypotheticals. =)

That does seem to be ‘the way’ here on the old forums, extreme hypotheticals and only using the ‘one true fit’.

Curious how you get this:

From this:

??? Maybe you don’t realise thoughts in your head don’t make it onto the Internet unless you type them? lol.

hahahaha, haven’t you heard, you don’t use these! :smiley: Anyone that does is obviously stroking their e-p.

Good times! :slight_smile:

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

If you mean how YOU get it, you don’t, obviously.

Maybe you realize I don’t say something because it’s not interesting to say it.

Not using and not counting are two different things. That’s why you don’t get it.

I just use ab ham Loki with Large shield amp… over 750dps, just fine for running l4 missions. I easily make 100M/h with it and it ain’t even optimized … under 1B for whole fit.

The Torpedo Barghest is well worth considering.

Mine was kicking out:

Javelin: 1150-1200dps out to 70km
Caldari Navy: 1500dps out to 47km
Rage: 1750-1800dps out to 38km
With any damage type. And you can modify the range/precision on the fly if you switch your scripts to/from Precision/Range. Very flexible.

I use Navy Launchers with Abyssal Damage mods. Yes, you have to Armor tank it as you fill your mid-slots with Painters, Guidance Systems and the Prop mod, but it’s well worth it. Much better than any Cruise Missile fit in my opinion.

The rate at which it kills everything can be terrifying, and hugely amusing:
Gone Berserk: Under 10 minutes
Dread Pirate Scarlet: 20mins (yes, in a single tick, this gave me my highest ever tick reading of 30.5million in highsec)
Worlds Collide: 25mins (ALL rooms from both factions cleared)
Attack of the Drones: Under 10mins
The Assault: 22mins (all rooms cleared)

A word of warning though: this is an Elite fit which needs lvl 5 fitting skills, ideally even including Launcher Rigging 5.

Screenshot showing that Dread Pirate Scarlet tick value:

And another:

And another:

And another:

Vargur!!! <3
Good falloff with AC nice dmg. Missions will require you to move sometimes willingliy or not. This ship is the most agile of all 4

Kronos over any missile ship. Just to easy and quick with either short range or long range setups. Only down side I see with blasters is some battleships like to orbit a bit out of the sweet spot for damage.

I recently got a golem. Cool ship but no comparison to a Kronos on effective mission clearing.

Fitting Smartbombs on a Hi-sec ratter isn’t smart, by any means.