Brawling L4 Missions Help

Is it possible to do Level 4 missions in brawling battleships? I’m really bored of Rattlesnake, Mach and long range sniper stuff.
Really fancy blasters for a change. Is it possible?

Anything is possible.

Just a case of the right fit and skills (character and player) to use it.

Depending on your personal playstyle/tactic would help you decide on what fit you want to aim for and this ship best suited for that role.

1 Like

You can, but the short range of blasters means more time chasing targets -which can add up quick depending on the mission. Thus, people tend to prefer rails over blasters.

Alternatively, you might want to look into running incursions? Blaster fit vindi’s are in high demand (they do crap tons of damage and make for good drone bunnies), it would be something new to do, and you’d probably make more money than you currently are running missions (around 125mil isk / hr + LP). Check out Warp to Me if you want to know more.

2 Likes

I used to run a Tengu with HAMs back in the day when T3s had 5 subs, but not sure if this is still a viable option. That was fun though…

All of the Marauders make great brawlers. Use that MJD to jump INTO the fight.

But all of the missions don’t make for great brawling. Matter of fact most of em dont.

If you want to brawl in a RS run Emerging Conduits. You wont have to attack a target more than 8k away save the boss.

Blaster Kronos. Blaster/Null dps is close to Rail/Javelin at that sweet spot of 30-40km with right fit + implants. Follow the advice of target priority list of killing far stuff first and work your way in, then switch to Void for close targets for melty melty goodness.

1 Like

Dunno about battleship but I do L4s in ham loki…

if you have the skills the Leshak can do brawling with little issue.

mix of Meson and Tetryon ammo (and Occult for the moments where you just want to kill the bugger) and tracking computer with scripts (range for sniping, and tracking for close brawling) will cover everything out to 78km doing optimal range damage.
throw in the 100mbps drone bandwidth you can even throw out 2x Gecko’s if you want.

with a good tank fit, you can handle every lvl4 and almost every lvl4 bonus room solo.

How about Hyperion?
I like how it looks, i like its bonuses.
Does anybody have a fit for brawling L4 or Emerging Conduits?

i have skills and i have isks :wink:

I used to fly something like this just for the hell if it. Cheap, like 400m total and puts out a tonne of damage up to 30-40k with Null. Put Void and see things melt even faster within 15km.

Applying damage will be the main problem, so if you’re comfortable using a cap booster instead of battery/rechargers go for a web. Can also put a ancillary armor rep as well or bling the tank. Microwarpdrive will fit as well, but is a cap killer.

[Hyperion, Hyperion]
Neutron Blaster Cannon II, Void L
Heavy Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu

Large Cap Battery II
100MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Cap Recharger II
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script

Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Armor Thermal Hardener II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Corpus C-Type Large Armor Repairer

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II

Ogre II x1
Ogre II x1
Ogre II x1
Ogre II x1
Ogre II x1

you won’t hit a thing in EC without grappler + web

1 Like

Hyperion works good in missions, the above fit works, you might want to adjust tank to taste depending on the mission.

I really wanted a Hyperion to work in emerging conduits too, but even dual T2 reppers struggles if you roll a final wave that spawns almost all kikis. Even if you bling the reppers, the dps output and damage application is just sub par, can take like 15min to complete. Vindicator ended up being more fun for me with its superior damage application and dps.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.