M1 Mac Bluetooth audio issues

Audio is choppy and distorted when using bluetooth headphones in the client, and when the client is quit the distortion continues until either reboot or bluetooth is toggled on and off.

3 Likes

Hi
Could you file a bug report from within the client, so we can get more information (like what OS version you’re running etc.). Also let us know what headphones you’re using.

Many of us at CCP play on a Mac with Bluetooth headphones, so we’re not aware of any specific Bluetooth issues right now.

Many thanks!

Filed a new bug report:
Also copied here:
Description of Problem:
After testing have found some different behaviour than previous bug reports.
Bluetooth audio now seems to work alright if client is already started before connection of headphones but not when there connected before client starts.
Headphones I’ve been able to reproduce this on:
Sony WH-1000xm3
Sony WF-1000xm3
Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro

MacOS Monteray version 12.4
M1 Macbook Air 8GB, 512GB SSD. Model Name: MacBook Air
Model Identifier: MacBookAir10,1
Chip: Apple M1
Total Number of Cores: 8 (4 performance and 4 efficiency)
Memory: 8 GB
System Firmware Version: 7459.121.3
OS Loader Version: 7459.121.3

Reproduction Steps:
When starting the client from the launcher with bluetooth headphones connected audio in game audio stutters and is distorted.
Distortion continues after closing the client ( tested with youtube video of Linus Sebastian speaking ) until headphones are disconnected or bluetooth is toggled of an on.

1 Like

Have the same exact issue with my M1 Max Studio. Any bluetooth audio gets distorted and weird until reboot.

1 Like

Same issue here on M1 with bluetooth audio. Game is not playable.

Same issue.
Macbook pro m1,
Sony WH-1000xm3 bluetooth headphones

Any sound played after game has been launched, even after both game client and launcher has been shut down, is distorded, with a slower and lower pitch, sometimes varying speed of sound, for instance when playing youtube video

Same issue, can confirm.

14" M1 Macbook Pro
macOS Monterey 12.6.2
Bose QC35 II Bluetooth

When the game starts the audio glitches, lower pitches, distorted as above. Remains on the whole system even after game close and launcher close.

Can resolve by leaving the game open and disconnecting and reconnecting headphones.
But has to be done every time the game is started.

Same issues here.

EVE on MacBook Pro (2020 Intel), running Ventura 13.1
Blueooth headset (Soundcore Libery 2)

Starting up the game causes the audio to go crackly.
Only happens when using the bluetooth headphones.
Effect continues even AFTER quiting the game, unless I restart the computer.

Restarting the Mac audio service (“sudo killall coreaudiod”) sometimes fixes the problem.

I suspect that the Mac EVE client is forcing a change in the audio sample rate.

Reproduction Steps

Connect bluetooth headphones.
Start up EVE Online
Click login on the launcher and fire up the main client
The sound will immediately go crackly.

2019 i9 MacBook Pro, MacOS Ventura 13.3.1, same issue. Using Rogue Amoeba’s SoundSource if that makes a difference. Audio glitches and other game slowness stops the moment I put the BT device to sleep; have tried with multiple vendors’ earbuds and headsets (Google Pixel Buds Pro 2, Jabra Elite 7t, Arctis Pro Wireless).

Game is unplayable using Bluetooth audio as far as I can tell.

Having the same issues described above but also through built-in speakers.

I have the exact same problem

I have the 2023 M2 (8 CPU and 10 GPU cores) Mac Mini Base model 8gb RAM and 256gb hardisk on macOS 13.3.1 (a) (22E772610a) (Ventura)

Bluetooth headphones used: Sony WH-1000XM5

Does solve until restarting my machine.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.