[March] Jump Fatigue Changes

You cannot lock someone during their invulnerability period. They can do anything they want, but any action will break that invulnerability early. Once that invulnerability is broken for any reason, the 30s tether timer starts. As long as you can dock in whatever you jumped on you can do so immediately without breaking this invulnerability and therefore not open yourself up to being tackled. As far as cap ships jumping on citadels they can’t dock at being vulnerable, well that was the entire point to this change. So it’s kind of foolish to call it any sort of oversight.

That’s unrelated to these changes but still a bug. It has existed for a very long time. It typically occurs if you tab out of that client while it’s in warp to where ever you’ve told it to dock/jump. Very much hit or miss on it happening or not which is why I imagine it’s not fixed. They have likely never been able to pin down what causes it to occur.

On a side note, you guys really should ease up on Lebowski. He’s here to help those he can, no need to bite off his head for a mistake or not being able to answer questions he simply can’t. Something the eve forums have been lacking for a long time are Devs that are actually willing to communicate with us, don’t chase off the few that are.

Nasar Vyron
You cannot lock someone during their invulnerability period.

Sorry but in certain (seemingly random) circumstances - You can, I did it several times just to test it out when we were moving back from a short deployment.
Hence my reason for brining up the issue on the forums.

Just because Devs say “this is how it is” and that works for you, doesn’t mean it works 100% of the time for everyone else. That’s why they call something happening that is unintended “a bug”.

Fair enough, but I’ve never seen it happen once. Those who normally said it was happening to them it always turned out they had double clicked in space when they still saw the warp tunnel or some other action that caused them to break invuln. Not saying something new didn’t spring up, but it’s almost always user error.

Challenge.
Dual box and record both windows. Show the invuln timer still existing on one when you lock it with the other.
Because I seriously think you are mixing up timers with how many exist.

No thanks. I’m not into wasting my time to try and reproduce a random event.
If it happens again I’ll submit a bug report as requested.

As I locked the carriers within the first few seconds of them appearing on grid how many timers there are is irrelevant. Especially as I was in an Arazu and would not see them anyway. As for dual boxing and recording the event, no thanks I have better things to do than trying to reproduce a seemingly random event

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.