[March] The Monitor Flag Cruiser

Needs an aggressive module to whore kill mails and/or direct drones.

Also, would be cool if it started with 80-85% resistances and then grew by 0.5 - 1% with every fleeted ship on grid (so in smaller fights you would get less resistances, but in big fights where you have 20+ fleets members it would grow so you can stay for longer, maybe even cap it then at 95% resistances with 20-50 people in fleet on grid).

3 Likes

Please let us know what you think of these changes in the comments thread for this blog and tell us what ships and modules you would like to receive balance passes in the future.

@CCP_Fozzie How about you finish the Tiericide that you started and left unfinished for nearly a year now? :thinking: Do we really need to play memo postits for you now?

3 Likes

While itā€™s a nice idea itā€™s rather impractical. FCs are people too and they like to get on killmails, thus quite a few myself included will never fly a ship like this. FCs quite often fit links, yet again something this will not allow. Armor damnation can be tanked to survive just about anything especially if itā€™s pre-locked by logi so frankly I fail to see the point of this thing.

2 Likes

Itā€™s just for people who donā€™t want to ever die (or die after all their friends). Those people have no place in Eve. Eve is a game about blowing up spaceships.

4 Likes

How do you wanna counter a capital without guns or other agressiv modules to command drones?

You mass bump them into the sun ofc.

1 Like

Lol yeah looking forward to highsec bumbping^^

I really wish that the FC head-shot issue was addressed with a clever use of how our clone minds work. Somehow sustaining an FCā€™s mind while on the same grid perhaps.

But the ship seems neat. First impression is it could use a bit more spice. Either a single high slot, or a utility mid slot. Kind of want to see specialized rigs for this ship. One rig might add the high, another reduces probe cost, one for warp disruptors, cloak?, ect.

What is the expected cost for the ship? Current specs probably wont support a very expensive ship imo.

1 Like

You might want to actually read the description. Also, there are a few HAC changes for March.

Cool to see this finally coming to fruition after so long!

My main question is what the purpose of ā€œFlag Cruisersā€ outside of this ship will be?

O COME ON CCP.

Give it a pre-installed. Non-removable long range weapon that does 1 damage per shot. FCā€™s already get screwed on killmails because they are too busy being jammed or broadcasting the next target to even bother with their own weapons.

2 Likes

I feel a bit mixed on thisā€¦on one hand I like the idea of a flagship leading a fleet but this seems a gimmick to solve a problem that is too specificā€¦would prefer a more general change:

Possibly a new line of protection based ships that can provide temporary boosted resists to target ships?

3 Likes

Eh, this is a discussion I mostly stayed out of when it happened. Just watched it.

2 Likes

All the tears about whoring onto killmails. How many Noctis pilots whine like this? Noctis is a ship with a singular purpose, and so is this. Itā€™s modeled after a Concord ship, you know, like the folks who just sit back and watch the battle. This is your FC seat so you can call the shots without worrying so much about dying. You arenā€™t on the team, youā€™re the coach.

3 Likes

Okay so after talks Iā€™m convinced on the EHP/Sig bonuses and the price looks reasonable from what Iā€™ve been told. However it still lacks probes, any way to repair heat, no room for boosters and no way to whore on a KM.

For those who say FC job is not to whore on kill mails I think itā€™s kind of down to the FC and the situation. In bigger fleet fights sure, focus on the task at hand but when dropping on something or in a smaller fleet with a smaller objective that you want to be on the KM for then I think something else would be a better choice. Edit: Plus hitting F1 repeatedly really isnā€™t that hard to keep a whore gun firing.

2 Likes

but you also cant recall your probes :wink:

1 Like

hahaha this is true. give it an ammo/drug bay.

your forgetting implants, fleet bonuses, slave set.

with slave set and all fleet bonuses applied, you get
336,449 armor ehp
281,000 shield ehp

plus the hull ehp.
you have 617k ehp there

TBH ā€¦ fleet commander is also about delegation ā€¦ having other people probe for you ā€¦ is not that uncommon no?

5 Likes

It isnā€™t that uncommon but again depends on the skill of your other FCā€™s, the amount of them left alive and the size of your fleet to lose a potential DPS/Logi/Command Ship for the sake of fitting probes to their ship.

1 Like