[March] The Monitor Flag Cruiser

No cargo = no nanite. It could be interesting to add a reduction on heat damage.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think the small sig radius will affect it enough to make the difference tbh. I think they will still be head shot in most cases. You can apply well to this ship despite its sig and resistence

1 Like

This is true. ā€œOverheat prop mod burn out of bubblesā€ā€¦ ā€œwait, I canā€™t, donā€™t do that, stay with meā€

Edit: Maybe give it a reduction to heat damage?

2 Likes

Regarding probes and the necessary cargo bay to hold them ā€“ are probes and paste considered an ammo type? Perhaps adding a 20 m^3 ammo bay to the ship would solve the simultaneous issues of both not being able to hold probes and nanite repair paste, while disallowing the ship from being used as a blueprint/officer loot transportation device.

3 Likes

that still means it canā€™t fit a probe launcher

I think itā€™s a really good concept but I think this ship is slightly tooā€¦ Iā€™m not sure what the word is, extreme I guess.

Just off the top of my head and without putting a huge amount of thought into it, Iā€™ll throw out my idea for a ship in this class

Slot layout: 1H, 5M, 4L; 0 turrets, 0 launchers
2 Rig Slots, 300 Calibration
Fitting: TBD
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 7200 / 7200 / 2000
Base shield resistances (EM/Therm/Kin/Exp): 75 / 75 / 75 / 75
Base armor resistances (EM/Therm/Kin/Exp): 75 / 75 / 75 / 75
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / average cap per second) : 5000 / 500s / 10
Mobility: TBD - roughly HAC equivalent
Warp Speed: 3.5 au/s
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 0 / 0
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 250km / 400 / 12
Sensor strength: 20 Gravimetric
Signature radius: 80
Cargo capacity: 10 m3 Ammo and charges only (assuming probes are in this category)

Racial cruiser bonuses remain the same

Flag Cruisers bonuses per skill level:
5% bonus to module overheating benefits per level
5% reduction in module heat damage per level

Role Bonus:
Can use Medium Micro Jump Drive modules
99% reduction in powergrid and cpu requirements for Micro Jump Drive and Expanded Probe Launchers
10% bonus to combat scanner probe strength
100% resistance to ECM effects
70% resistance to sensor dampener and target painter effects
Can fit Assault Damage Control
Cannot generate cynosural fields

The idea is, in a shield tank fit it can go with 2 lse invul prop mjd and lows adcu+PDU
In an armour fit, it can go 1600 plate double eanm adcu, dualprop+MJD, cap booster, and whore module (target painter or something)

I think the proposed ship will be too 0 interaction. On the one hand thatā€™s great, gives the FC the ability to focus on the fight entirely. On the other, that sounds incredibly boring and not the sort of gameplay I think the game would benefit from.

The ship should also not be able to enter any gated anomaly sites.

THAT BEING SAID, I would MUCH rather see current command ships get rebalanced, with one variation becoming essentially these and the other being more in line with what the sleipnir is currently capable of.

1 Like

That dev blog lists balance changes to 2 HAC. Out of 8 HAC that need changes. It lists mMJD addition to ABC, which no one asked for and that were not introduced in the first place because they allow for abuse. Fozzie himself noted that on the introduction of the ABC.

This is disgraceful.

353k with max skills

You yourself just listed all the things this ship removes from or limits in EVE fleet warfare. And you still say it adds nothing damaging? Delusional.

2 Likes

I agree with most of the above.

• +1 High Slot and probe cost reductions.
  • Reduction to heat damage taken.

I donā€™t think it needs an ADC thatā€™s OP as ā– ā– ā– ā–  :smiley: I think FCā€™s shouldnā€™t be able to fit cyno because with cyno comes death. Iā€™ve never seen anyone successfully cyno as an FC and not die.

1 Like

There still will mostly likely be a HAC polish pass coming, this is just to get 2 of the worst performers boosted up.

1 Like

I can get more out of a loki or tengu I think. Cause you can OH those modules where as this canā€™t be overheated. Plus, max skills will take how long?

1 Like

if you have never seen a cyno not die then you are in a terrible alliance there friendo

1 Like

How 353?

9000 * 1.25 / 0.08 = 140,625

(140,625 * 2) + 2000 / 0.8 = 283,750

Nm, Iā€™m bad and forgot basic skills (140,625 * 1.25 * 2) + 3125 = 354,687

1 Like

Thatā€™s not what was promised. Not nearly enough. We were promised a full pass on all HAC this winter. And what do we get now? More wasted time on a useless ship, 2 bandaids and time wasted on other ships that donā€™t need balancing nearly as desperately as the HAC, like the ABC or the Ferox.

3 Likes

I donā€™t always like a Jay Amazingness post
But when I do, itā€™s clever

hahahaha not really. Just that when cynos are involved, you tend to use an alt so you can still move around the grid etc. Stood still and you are open to all sorts of alpha which nothing can rep against. Obviously most of my fights turn in to alpha fleets.

i mean you are in razor so i wouldnt be surprised

Bear in mind that a optimal blob fit damnation can get 1 million ehp cold when creating this ship class, as well as do other things that an FC really ought to be able to do.

1 Like

I agree with the idea of giving command ships a slight buff or module similar to that of the assault damage control. If a module was introduced that gave command ships a significant boosts in resist for some period of time while say turning off all offensive capabilities and preventing them from jumping gates i think that would be a much more organic way of approaching this problem. I understand the reason for your proposed solution and have been headshot many times myself as an fc. Its frustrating but there are way of preparing for those who consistently headshot fcā€™s already in todays meta. Im not sure this ship is truely as viable as other options that have been expressed already in this forum post. As always thank you for your continued efforts to make this game better for all.

3 Likes