The new FC ship idea

I have seen a few people complaining that it will have no way to for people flying the FC ship to get onto kill mails.

Perhaps give the ship 3 mid slots that can only fit a special new mod. A type of target painter that has zero effect on the ships stats.

3 different types

• Primary Painter (Creates a large holographic Red arrow above target and broadcasts to all fleet member primary target.
    -Secondary Painter (Creates a large holographic yellow arrow above target and broadcasts to all fleet member primary target.
    -Tertiary Painter (Creates a large holographic yellow arrow above target and broadcasts to all fleet member primary target.

Could even some how code them to change color and re broadcast as targets die or something.

could be cool and functional and get FC’s on kill mails, without being op.

Yes i know fleets are all on coms and call targets, and i know it may confuse people if the fc can not keep up etc but it’s allows KM whoring and will prob look nice visually.

1 Like

No. You, like everyone else complaining, is missing the entire point of the ship. It is not supposed to be the go-to FC ship. It is for those FCs that want to avoid being headshot at all costs. That includes giving up killboard padding. If they want to pad their meaningless killboards while FCing, they can fly another ship.

6 Likes

I don’t see it keeping from being headshot by large fleets unless this things got the hp of a titan.

It’s a battlecruiser with frigate-sized signature radius and 90% base resists + an additional 4% per level, so it more or less does when damage application is taken into account…

2 Likes

A proper FC shouldnt be worried about KM whoring anyway…if that is your first concern and running the fleet your second concern…then you are a piss poor FC.

6 Likes

yeh is gonna be a real hard ship to hit with an ab on

Whats wrong with Kill mails being a secondary concern. Kill mails are like a CV in this game … Have a few hundred kill mails in an FC ship will open a lot of doors and make people more inclined to trust your ability.

1 Like

because being a frigate size helps the frigates from not being primaried? just means itll take a little longer to kill it.

trust me there will be a race as per all released ships to see who can kill it, but no one will be killing in it sadly this time.

yeah everyone these days in a pvp group goes off your killboard, got a stupid loss? your out. got to many weaksauce kills? nope. I’ve seen people kicked out alliances and corps due to a loss, I’ve had people receive disciplinary actions over simple pvp losses, being ganked, or losing a wh scan ship that was being used to scan down chains and jumped into a smartbomb camped hole.

The ship is not designed to provide FCing for a frigate fleet. It is designed for BC/BS large fleet combat. If it works and is popular, we may see other variants. Still, for now it’s purpose is to FC larger fleet fights using ships that have guns large enough to have trouble tracking frigs to begin with.

It sounded cool, but here are many reasons some FC’s think it will be bad for EVE in the long term.

1 Like

ffs… allow it to fit civilian gun in highs.

problem solved.

I mean, getting on KM’s will be dead easy with the Monitor as it can fit a Target Painter anyway…Problem solved

1 Like

a travel burst of thought from the minmatar navy:
this idea of special unkillable ships for very narrow uses is unsystemic to eve
the narrative that special people exist in eve that require special ships is a dangerous slope with added disease
head-shotting is a tactic evolved of the rules of eve a new iteration is needed i suggest an fc travel mode
as a former minmatar gang fc ill say id like bonuses to warp speeds for my cruiser wings increased recharge rates lowered mass during travel mode the price :maybe getting pointed as the fc spreads does stuff automagically? more fleet travel in eve is better content for all
could be a module needs touching up for sprinting around? smaller sprinting groups would open up gameplay disperse i know little of mega fleet fights i like simpler things
that scale well,
it was a pretty ship now for the rest of us… non mega tidi fleets to make warfare great again! tm

de-blobbing warfare ideas positioning in the age of greater fleet battles…

a travel burst of thought

adding fc bonuses for regional travel
promote gang movement for better pvp more targets for everyone please id rather manage moving smaller blocks
thus spracht democritus for the +50 ships ive no input
id rather multiple gangs meeting up than the current mega fleet jump more fronts more fun for smaller fish
blobs lock out newer parties
discourge growth no small corp can look at a wall of red and think ill be that soon but a gang of 20 we can fight
bringing it on for the smaller gangs
a healthy smallgang null
null is what we make it if we dont free ourselves from over numbering our fleets we wont see green shoots in null
id like to empower smaller fleets in sizes that can be fun to be a part of a greater picture alfas going null as piranhas how many are there flying through eating cattle
smaller gangs get a boost to travel with the right fc
can we look to
making fleets swarmwise
the unit is the squad not the company!

fights where the best squads win by working together
distributed fleets in swarm warfare

After last nights fleet ops in FW, I have another suggestion for a FC ship.

One that takes over the control of everyone elses ships in the fleet and lets the FC actually make sure everyone is where they are supposed to be when he says they are supposed to be there, and shoot who he says to shoot and then align when told to align. So you can go AFK and not get the whole fleet killed because you decided to watch Youtube instead of pay attention to the fight.

You want to be able to herd cats… or maybe herd lemmings.
Yes, lemmings is what a percentage of any fleet seems to be.

If you dont like it, dont use it.

the reall FC will not sit in the ship anyways … it will be more in use a a “FC Bait”
at least its the way i would use it
anyways its only used if you dont need the DPS from the FC anyways
then you have 3 suchs FC ships in you fleet with alts moving arround to get the hits from the FC killers

JuuR

Because your actions as a FC are not indicative of your KB but rather of the killboard of the fleet and those who can offer personal testimony to your skills as a FC. If you are worried about your killboard, fly another ship. The monitor was supposed to be a sacrifice to offensive capabilities to allow FCs to have strong defensive capabilities; however, it created a new role within a fleet…observation through FCing. Previously to be a FC was not a static role within the fleet comp. It was just something a person did regardless of ship types. To offer this ship up just to allow a minority of FCs to feel like they can avoid getting headshot off the field fast is crazy.

I would sum up the Monitor as a gimick ship at best but at the end of the day despite my opposition for it I would be ok with it provided it did not allow for TPing themselves onto kill mails. If you are going to add a ship with no offensive capabilities to allow a FC to do ONLY FCing, then all efforts to add said individual onto a kill mail should be removed from that ship. If the FC wants on a kill mail they know how to fly another ship. I suspect the headhunting complaints you are hearing from the FCs getting shot off the field fast are because they aren’t having time to really get on a lot of kill mails and not because the fleet is left without a viable FC pretty fast in the engagement and honestly if that is the whole reason for adding this ship in as a choice than CCP really are scraping the bottom of the barrel and should seriously re-evaluate how badly they are adding crap to the game.

that would be less fun :stuck_out_tongue: