Mercenaries - A good idea?

This game is a competition, why should solo players have the same as teams?

When you leave, can I has your stuff?

Why ask a friend for help when i can hire a bot? Why make friends when i can hire bots?

Because ultimately, that friend, with max skills will have 50-60% more killing power than the mercenary. Bots are meant as solo traveler assistants.

So even if i am a solo PvP player, i have to wait for people to shoot me first?

If you’re a solo pvp player, why have a mercenary?

And i can basically make any ship into a Dominix by virtue of spending isk on NPC’s?

A mercenary Dominix is less effective than a human-driven dominix with decent skill. That’s the idea.

By playing solo, you knowingly put yourself at a disadvantage.

If you want to fight off the gate camp, you need to join a corp or find friends.

If not, then use the tools available to you in order to avoid the gate camp, instead of having a crutch bot mechanic.

1 Like

But I think having a ‘crutch bot mechanic’ is exactly what would make the game exceedingly more fun! :smiley:

I mean agents can hire us throughout Eve. Why can’t players hire agents?

You don’t PvP at all do you? This makes zero sense and if you did PvP you would know it.

Go back to WOW or SWTOR.

2 Likes

Actually i’m an Everquest II aficionado. Never played WOW or SWTOR.

I did like Guild Wars 1 though - classic styled fantasy MMORPG mechanics.

Hmmmmm… so CCP could spend time implementing NPC mercenaries …
… oooooor, wait, hey! Hey! I have a great idea!

Why not instead have player mercenaries who can do all that the NPC mercenaries can do, but BETTER!

:open_mouth:

Sheesh, how great this would be! People could contact other people to shoot even otherer people! Or their structures! Or both! AT THE SAME TIME!!! O:

You get a car die! *points*
You get a car die! *points*
YOU get a car die in particular! *points*

Texas Law; Damn Real:

Nope!

But it’s not really an exciting mechanic, at least not for me. It just boosts the solo pilot in terms of raw power, nothing more.

Exciting mechanics, would be adding more skill based modules or flight techniques into the game, so solo pilots would have more ways to outplay blobs, if they are skillful. Look at booshing as an example. It is a module, that in the hands of skilled pilots can do some rather awesome things. Not that booshing is used in solo, it was just an example of a recent module added that promotes pilot flying skills.

Why not instead have player mercenaries who can do all that the NPC mercenaries can do, but BETTER!

If only it was as simple as you make it sound!

Its called an MMO for a reason.

It is! Ask them!

1 Like

Just because I don’t want to use your services doesn’t mean I don’t want to play with you :upside_down_face:

Oh come on now!

I either get no response, or quotes for hundreds of millions, or no response… or the occasional help…or NO response!

hehe, just kidding, but you get my point. It’s not as straightforward as that.

Kinda screwd up your own point there really.

1 Like

note the words “solo pvp”, not “solo”.

:slight_smile:

No, it is!
Ask them!

You’re literally fishing for an argument against it!

Go.
■■■■■■■.
Ask.

That is ALL that is needed!
What your thread is missing is an actual reason for this.
A reason that weighs more than simply asking them!

Solo isnt solo? :smiley:

Please enlighten me.

This is essentially the question you need to answer, because that’s how it would be used regardless of whatever hypothetical scenario you want to give.

It’s honestly not that hard to ask for help if you’re keeping up with the people you in local on a daily basis. That’s how you learn about the groups for industry, hauling, mining, wormhole rescue, and so on and how to contact them.

What if one of those three attack their own? Then call in mercenaries?