Mercenaries - A good idea?

Why should the whole of Eve online adapt to the few solo players? I won’t include newbros, as I know many of them are pumped up on day 1 for pvp.

Tell you what, if you can bring 1000 solo players (born in 2019 and who are more than 3 months old, and who have been killed in high and low sec more than couple of times) who are in need of your proposed mechanic, to like your OP (post 0) by the end of May 2019, then we may reconsider your need. Until then, we can only view it as you alone want this tweak to suit your personal game style.

1 Like

How do you know how many people would like this feature?

This is a discussion: I don’t want anything.

You’re the OP you should know better - haven’t you had an estimate before proposing that idea? Personally I don’t think CCP with lift a finger and dev your mechanics for lesser than 1000 players. And I doubt there are more that 1k solo players alike yourself in this game.

1 Like

No one here is stupid enough to believe that.

No
No
NO
if you need logis, you ask OTHER PLAYERS to join your fleet and fly a logi ship, you see?
as i already wrote, if you want to play solo and have npc logis, try another game: in Mass Effect and Dragon Age one of your NPC partners can be a healer. In Swtor, same. But no, please not in eve.
In Eve, too many people already play solo, because either they multibox several toons or they found the way to solo complete tasks that, i suppose, were designed to be done by groups (For example : blood raiders 10/10 DED). Your idea would increase this, instead of promoting interaction between players

EVE is poor at promoting cooperative interaction between players. Cooperation is rewarded, but interaction is a problem.

Just blocking ways to bypass that problem isn’t useful. It won’t improve interaction, and the secondary problems (“bad” styles of play in a “sandbox” /lol) will remain.

Start a Topic to address the interaction issues. But don’t sabotage interesting suggestions to mitigate existing problems.

1 Like

Or have a fleet of drone boats full of logi drones since you can’t target yourself.
The player would still be forced to make use of a repairer.

ITT: Anti-social people believing that it’s okay to take away in-game activities from real players.

also ITT: People who deliberately behave as if everyone was a victim by default, who needs to be supported no matter what, deliberately ignoring how unfair this is to all of those who are better.

So you’re saying Diana Kim is right and the Federation is a bad influence on others after all!?

On topic -
The game supports a small level of player-controlled automation thanks to drones and NPC faction miners. Things like transport should be left for players to have full control over though, with no automation.

Yes, I absolutely do. People aren’t equal, therefore those who are “bad” aren’t victims. Plenty of them can only blame themselves! Self responsibility is important! The belief that people are equal is pure propaganda. It’s being shoved down the throats of children like the amarrians do it with their religion. Of course people will believe it, when they’re constantly being told it’s true, despite reality providing plenty of evidence that it’s ■■■■■■ up ■■■■■■■■!

The only way that everyone can ever be equal would be if everyone was equally capable of everything. Think about it! Taking IQ as an example, how do you believe would you get people with lower IQ to accept people with higher IQ? You can’t! So instead, over many generations, the federation made sure children grew up less and less educated and instead stuffed with more and more propaganda!

Eventually the lowest common denominator has been reached and everyone’s equally stupid, because stupid people are easier to control than smart people. That’s a no-brainer, really.

I will always support Strike Commander @Diana_Kim. She is, without a shadow of a doubt, the finest the caldari have to offer! She is loyal, honest, always straight to the point and stands up for what she believes in. She does not tolerate this dumbification of people, even less so when this cancerous anti-culture starts spreading elsewhere!

On topic -
I will agree with that one point - there’s been an increase in not wanting to take responsibility for actions an individual takes. Part of that I think has to do with how MMOs have been designed or redesigned to appeal to a larger audience.

I simply make a proposition so that players can have further options: it’s so hard to find other players to team up with straight away, and that’s the key word here: straight away or within the timeframe that you are likely to be able to be online in a single sitting.

I can go on Guild Wars and join a dungeon raid in less than 10 minutes - but I don’t want to do that.

As I’ve already said i’m an Eve subscriber. I’m not here to bash Eve, I just want to explore features that may or may not help the game to attract more players and hopefully improve the fun aspect.

Please don’t call me anti-social again.

Thank you very much.

I, WE, did and you just ignore what you don’t want to hear.

It’s a dumb idea.

Players could say the same thing about T3 cruisers honestly.

Though it’d be better to try and not be off topic.

The T3 destroyers had to be banned from FW small plexes, too OP versus all the other smalls.

Hopefully the devs learned a lesson about ship creep from that.

I like playing logi. Am I being made redundant by NPC mercs? :frowning:

I love playing logi. I have max logi cruiser skills and a Guardian sitting at a station for the past 8 weeks doing nothing.

WHY?

Because there are no opportunities to use it on anything useful / remotely interesting.

WHY?

Because everyone’s busy doing his/her own thing? Perhaps…who knows?

Join a corp, come null sec and have opportunities to play logi all the time! But seriously, try to play with others instead of adding NPCs to replace ‘others’.

1 Like

Is that the answer to everything?

:rofl:

No thanks.