Mining drones indication

redesign

(Alex Dujev) #1

There should be an indication of the mining drones progress through cycle.

(Agondray) #2

why, they mine so little its not like they are going to mine 1m during a 5 min cycle so you lose time, the only thing that needs to be done is a asteroid depleted.

(Mu'ad Diib) #3

Personally, and broadly speaking, I think this is a good idea although I’m not sure how it would be rendered on the screen.

(Daichi Yamato) #4

Odd. A mining idea that promotes paying attention whilst mining.

(Krysenth) #5

While we’re here, can we get that damn “asteroid is depleted” notification for when drones pop the damn rocks too?

(Count Szadek) #6

not sure if you are aware of this, but Ind Comm Ships are now bonused to them. For example:

At Max Skills:

• Hulk x1 Modulated Strip Miner II with T2 Crystal with no mods / rigs: 11.9 m^3/sec
  • Hulk x1 Modulated Strip Miner II with T2 Crystal with x3 Mining Laser Upgrade: 15.4 m^3/sec
  • Porpoise x5 Mining Drone II with no mods / rigs: 12.8 m^3/sec
  • Porpoise x5 Mining Drone II with x3 Medium Drone Mining Augmenter I: 17 m^3/sec
  • Orca x5 Mining Drone II with no mods / rigs: 17 m^3/sec
  • Orca x5 Mining Drone II with x3 Large Drone Mining Augmenter I: 22.6 m^3/sec

Fun Fact: Vexors are still bonused to them:

• Vexor x5 Mining Drone II with x3 Medium Drone Mining Augmenter I: 11.3 m^3/sec (yes, that does mean a vexor can outmine a venture which iirc does max out at 13.2 m^3/sec (x2 Modulated Deep Core Miner II w/ T2 crystal, x1 Mining Laser Upgrade II, x1 Small Drone Mining Augmentor I, x2 Small Drone Mining Augmentor II)

(Do Little) #7

Consider the possibility that mining drones are working as intended. If you want optimal yield, you need to fit and use a survey scanner, park close to the rock you’re mining and pay attention - by design!

If you don’t care about optimal yield, you can take a more casual approach but, don’t expect the reward without the effort.

(Alex Dujev) #8

thx for your answers

btw voice notifications also been pointed, here: UI speech for drone mining

(system) #9

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.