Monthly Economic Report - September 2019

Nope. Just agreeing that BO wasn’t the way to address the bounties and other faucets. They need real changes, not feeble flailing. As I’ve said in other threads, the right way to balance it out is to increase destruction. And that means war. And that means fundamentally shattering the mountain of dung that is supercapital balance right now.

Ships leaving a region for any reason, counts as an Export. The only major war in EVE is drawing to a close, FRT (WinterCo) has been evaccing Detorid.

Do you mean by that their balance in relation to subcaps also?

I mean top to bottom. They’re too good against subcaps. They laugh at the idea of structure damage caps—wanna try something fun? Do what Horde did last year. Drop three dozen structures in Delve simultaneously. Watch us kill them all simultaneously by putting 1 super and 1 dread on each while the rest of the supercapital fleet dared anyone to interfere. And they absolutely smother sov warfare, because unless you have a bigger fleet of supers to drop, anything you try to use to fight a war is just going to die to supercapitals.

And because they’re so necessary, you can’t risk losing them. Because if you lose them, you’ll lose your space. And if you lose your space, you can’t rebuild your supercapital fleet.

2 Likes

A long time ago we fought in nulsec to obtain more profitable space (and of course a few other reasons). Then, as today, the security status of a system dictate the value of the bounties of the rats and if officer rats would appear. The best areas were regions that had -0.7 to -1.0. For example Pure Blind was awful because the rate bounties were low due to its -0.1 - -0.3 systems.

Keep in mind, back then ratting was done in asteroid belts and anomalies were death traps due to how few there were.

But people wanted a mechanic that would allow them to upgrade their areas of operation. They wanted active lived in systems to get some kind of bonus. This gave birth to today’s system upgrade mechanics where there can be dozens of anomalies in an given upgraded system.

It is this entire upgrading system that needs to be reviewed, analysed and adjusted as required. Individual ships are not the issue. The issue is the environment we can create that allows for mass vacuuming of bounties.

The ability to protect regions is a conscious choice by player groups that developed their regions. This is an extension of the ability to created upgraded systems/regions that have thus skewered the risk reward of nulsec.

2 Likes

Pure Blind’s also awful because it’s porous as hell and you can’t really secure it.

Yup. It certainly does. An idea I’ve been slowly sold on is making ratting and mining an either/or. The more you build up infrastructure in a system, the more ‘secure’ it is, so there’s fewer rats. You want to have places where you can rat, great, but those aren’t going to be good for industrial activity, because it’s just not safe. Upgrading systems should be a trade-off.

1 Like

So, in simpler words: if an account hadn’t logged in during reported period of MER - it is ‘inactive’ for that period. Would that interpretation be correct? I do rememeber a large positive ‘active ISK delta’ in report during month of CSM selection…

Not exactly—it doesn’t always line up that neatly—but that’s close enough for government work, as they say.

An entire fleet of cloaked t3 cruisers can suddenly uncloak on your PVE fleet in your static even with all the other stuff taken care of as above. No local, remember?

Yup. But you’ll have seen their wormhole open up. You’ll get the new signature ID on your probe scanner, and you’ll get the scanner sweep across the entire screen. If you’re paying attention—if literally anyone in your small, active, totally-not-afk group is paying even a little bit of attention to anything on their screen, you’ll know a new signature has appeared, and might be a new wormhole.

How often do people leave an entire fleet of cloaked strategic cruisers sitting in someone else’s wormhole for six months? a year? All against the potential to catch someone. Groups leave dreads and jump clones in NPC stations all over the game. They leave cloaky cynos in systems that see a lot of ratting. And they leave them there for a long, long time.

1 Like

Not if they were already in the system cloaked before you got there. And I’m not talking about for months or a year, I’m talking about for a few hours.

Such as if they’re really patient hunters… or if they’re locals who cloak in their system rather than docking up (and giving away how many people are around in the [#] next to citadel names/info. People DO do that, btw. It’s pointless in NS (except perhaps during the 66 day blackout recently), but in WH space it’s a valid tactical for concealing information from the enemy.

You have a very impatient framing of ‘patient’. But locals who cloak in their own system aren’t analogous to hot-dropped in NS, are they? After all, it’s hostiles coming in to your system to swipe your rats, ore, gas, etc. And that’s a very different situation than people PvEing in their own home space. So for them to already be in the system before you got there? That’d mean, in all likelihood, they’ve had their ‘entire fleet of cloaked t3 cruisers’ in there, in your hole, for a day or more, on the off-chance that they’ll get something worth that level of effort. How often does that happen these days? It sure as hell wasn’t common when I was living in j-space.

And no, in NS it’s not pointless. You log your cloaky cynos in every day. Day in, day out, even if there’s no plan to go after anything. You do that because if you’re there all the time, people assume you’re afk, so they start to ignore you.

Taking out thousands of bots from the game each month will of course pull down the economic activity in game. That’s a very good thing for real players becaue the isk that real players have in their wallet becomes more valueble now :slight_smile:

:joy:

When clueless people talk about things they have no clues of. Funnier yet, when they overblow one issue and downtalk another issue just to suit their narrative.

And the collapse of the money supply continues uninterrupted…

I was hoping the end of the black out would halt the decline in the money supply. And look the amount of money being sunk via transactions taxes is going down again too. ISK from bounties has bounced back, but not to its previous level. And the velocity of ISK has tanked too. All indications that we should see some deflation coming. Which is starting to show up in all of the inflation indexes…

Yet I bet there are innumerable economic ignoramii who will go on and an on about inflation and propose new sinks.

2 Likes

Better late than never…:

Now UPDATED:

And:

I’m being told the ratting #s in this month’s MER may be completely borked. So who the hell knows, now.

Also, neither Violente Fortuna, nor Infensus, are members of the Imperium. If they were, I’d have to add their access to all our logistics channels. Initiative Mercenaries, however, are. So you’ve got 339 of the wrong people and left out 1,491 of our actual members. Total membership should be 1,152 higher, or 45,373.

Also, the former DRF (xDeath, RZR, etc etc), now known as FI.RE, are not members of Legacy. They are a separate coalition currently in the process of getting off Legacy’s couch. That makes it a bit difficult to separate out those numbers… making it worse is: Siberian Squads, up in Branch? They’re part of FI.RE. I know, it’s messed up. Welcome to politics.

Oh, and BoT has largely moved into RECON, as I understand it. Also still PanFam-aligned.

1 Like

Maybe null sec bounties don’t have to change. With npc anoms evryone knows what ship to use for wich anom… Maybe predictability in null sec anoms has to change.

I’m so patient I’m replying to a month old post of yours. :slight_smile: TBH, I don’t really remember what got us back-and-forthing in the first place other than I thought you were applying NS logic to WHs, and I was probably applying WH logic to NS, seeing as how I’ve only lived in a WH, not NS (unless you count NPC NS briefly here and there), and… well, suffice it to say, I bow to your experience.

All I’ll say with regard to the stealing rats/ore/gas is that… if the locals aren’t using up their own PVE sites, then it’s fair game for passers-by to use 'em up, more power to 'em.

Fair enough. I believe I was talking about cloakies in your home system, though, not elsewhere… can you jump to a cyno in the same system as you? I think I’d heard that wasn’t doable.

Even though I’ve never lived in sov null, I know what AFK cloaking is for in terms of doing it in others’ systems. I have a WH buddy who did plenty of cloaky camping for ze goons, in fact… As I just said to Arrendis, I was talking about no point in cloaking in your OWN system. If you realized that, then… ooookay. My big bad narrative has been exposed. (???)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.