Monthly Economic Report - January 2019

The Monthly Economic Report for January 2019 is now ready!

The raw data that makes up this report can be downloaded here. (28.6MB)

For deeper understanding of the indices used in the report, please have a look at the following explanations.

Mineral Price Index (MPI)
The Mineral Price Index (MPI) shows the price changes in all eight minerals used to produce ships and other items in EVE. The weight of each mineral in the index changes each month is based on the relative trade values of the previous month.

Primary Producer Price Index (PPPI)
The Primary Producer Price Index consists of manufacturing items used for the production of other manufacturing items at the secondary stage. Manufacturing items used for the production of final consumer goods are excluded. The index includes such item groups as ore, moon materials, planetary commodities, sleeper relics, and items used in invention.

Secondary Producer Price Index (SPPI)
The Secondary Producer Price Index contains production materials and other production items that are used in the manufacturing of consumer goods, i.e. goods included in the Consumer Price Index.

Consumer Price Index (CPI)
The Consumer Price Index measures the overall price changes of consumer products. This is not limited to consumables such as fuel, ammunition or PLEX, but also includes assets such as ships, modules, implants and starbase structures. In summary, anything that is not primarily used to produce other goods is included in the index, which contains over 4000 individual items.

8 Likes

Glad to see confirmation that you are still breathing; thanks for the report.

2 Likes

With all eyes on Delve, Curse region seems to be very quiet when it comes to mining. So tempting!

I’m running out of humble brags.

2 Likes

Disgusting as always. But totally fine.

At least this time the graphs are complete. We are making progress. :smile:

3 Likes

TLDR: Goons are still winning

1 Like

Out of curiosity, do you know how many regions are in your own game, CCP? Because Dotlan says 64, but your MERs keep coming up with only 63.

TDLR : bots are still winning

If by winning you mean providing the most content you are right. If you want more people to mine with you, stop being bad.

Not sure why you felt like being so defensive, but OK. Didn’t actually mean anything negative by that.

3 Likes

Jove space is never included

I’m a bit curious how J-Space plays into all of this. I can’t imagine the numbers are so insignificant that they’re not worth mentioning…

Also, Abyssal Space. A bit of destruction happening there, and it is the unique source of two materials…

It’d be nice to have a more complete picture, just saying.

3 Likes

as always

weird flex but ok.

1 Like

Are we supposed to care? You have a million other problems in your other forum and in game and you’re posting this??? Who cares? You have lost us. Its done!
I was sad. Now Im just angry! We want answers!

You sure have turned into a Johnny One Note these days. I note you also fail to normalize for number of pilots…which is a pretty basic statistical blunder.

Are we…have you normalized to number of pilots?

As for the MER for last month…thankfully the money supply contracted significantly. Also, the downward trend in the real economy has reversed although growth is rather tepid.

Pve sheep online while content creators leave the game on the daily thx

1 Like
  1. Now go like the MER.

Now when banning alphas from ratting (botting) in null?

LvL 4 missions already banned, and that is very small effect on ISK influx, because nearly all ISK comes from NULL.

That is because missions main income is lp value.
So while mission botting might not be a huge isk faucet it can still be a significant income.