Monthly Economic Report - March 2019

indices

The Monthly Economic Report for March 2019 is now ready!

The raw data that makes up this report can be downloaded here. (27.1MB)

For deeper understanding of the indices used in the report, please have a look at the following explanations.

Mineral Price Index (MPI)
The Mineral Price Index (MPI) shows the price changes in all eight minerals used to produce ships and other items in EVE. The weight of each mineral in the index changes each month is based on the relative trade values of the previous month.

Primary Producer Price Index (PPPI)
The Primary Producer Price Index consists of manufacturing items used for the production of other manufacturing items at the secondary stage. Manufacturing items used for the production of final consumer goods are excluded. The index includes such item groups as ore, moon materials, planetary commodities, sleeper relics, and items used in invention.

Secondary Producer Price Index (SPPI)
The Secondary Producer Price Index contains production materials and other production items that are used in the manufacturing of consumer goods, i.e. goods included in the Consumer Price Index.

Consumer Price Index (CPI)
The Consumer Price Index measures the overall price changes of consumer products. This is not limited to consumables such as fuel, ammunition or PLEX, but also includes assets such as ships, modules, implants and starbase structures. In summary, anything that is not primarily used to produce other goods is included in the index, which contains over 4000 individual items.

4 Likes

As asked last month, that Secondary index which includes moon goo is on track to go through the roof. Could CCP share their plans on how they plan to stabilise this before T2 prices become utterly unaffordable, as this has massive impacts on balance as well.

Possible thoughts would be massively dropping the T2 requirements for larger ships, as they already need huge amounts of T1 resources, they don’t need to be that expensive (approx 1 billion just for a Marauder Hull?)
Increasing Low/High/WH access to moon minerals.
Increasing the amount of moon minerals from refining.
<---- At least one of these or some other solution seem required to keep T2 ships being even remotely viable, in the day and age of pirate ships being on farm.

1 Like

@CCP_Falcon

The link to the comment thread in the dev blog links to February.

And numbers are still way too disgusting. Delve is down 1T in ratting but up again in mining and production is nearly unchanged. Worse even, Destruction in the region has fallen again. When is CCP going to do something about that?

And devalue all previously produced and not sold off T2 things in the process because they just lost their value over night?

Low already has lots of moon minerals available but you cannot mine them because you have no super cap umbrella protecting you. More value in W-space? Where you can completely seal off your wormhole from any outside interference? And as for high sec: Imagine the tears.

And then reduce it again once too many moon materials are in the market again … and then increase them again when T2 prices go up again… Great plan. That will surely create reliability for producers and totally does not wreck their production in the process every other month.

How about passive mining again instead? Rorquals in heavily and mining rich areas have already proven to be way too hard to interfere with and are not fun to engage even after repeated nerfs because of their tank and cynos. Simply have Athanors mine passively again and give other opportunities to interfere with the mining process like Hacking, roid fragment stealing and whatnot. That will have lots of positive implications for EVE again, among other things reduction in alt swarms. And in the process you can remove the dreaded ore anoms. No one needs them and enough moons for Athanors are available to keep mining ungodly amounts of ore every day.

3 Likes

The evil option would be them forcing goo costs into pirate hull construction as a way to keep pirate hulls from getting too much cheaper than general T2 hulls.

Additional goo in HS should probably be avoided as you don’t want to provide too many incentives to make HS space rental territory for null blocs. WH and especially LS might be better options for deflating the cost index.

1 Like

Here’s my breakdown - let me know where the gaps etc are:

IMPERIUM PANFAM LEGACY
Membership 48572 Membership 24429 Membership 38094
Goonswarm Federation 33855 Pandemic Horde 18697 Test Alliance Please Ignore 16935
The Initiative. 5145 Northern Coalition. 3569 Brave Collective 9750
The Bastion 3301 Pandemic Legion 2163 Warped Intentions 2172
Tactical Narcotics Team 3478 Tactical Supremacy 729
Snuffed Out 1394 Kids With Guns Alliance 1752
Get off my lawn 1399 Evictus. 3178
Requiem Eternal 2952
Rezeda Regnum 626
Winter Co. GOTG
Membership 17819 Membership 6422
Ranger Regiment 4139 Siberia Squads 1180
Fraternity 11087 Darkness 3143
Starchaser Alliance 1648 Solyaris Chtonium 2099
IMPERIUM PANFAM LEGACY
Mining 19298 Mining 2385 Mining 10237
Delve 13511 Geminate 751 Paragon Soul 619
Period Basis 1008 The Kalevala Expanse 230 Esoteria 6297
Querius* 2443 Vale of the Silent 849 Feythabolis 607
Fountain* 1517 Tribute 464 Omist 126
Outer Ring* 251 Tenal** 91 Impass 935
Cloud Ring* 568 Immensea* 716
Tenerifis* 937
Winter Co. GOTG
Mining 3076 Mining 3091
Detorid 2488 Fade 37
Wiked Creek 228 Deklein* 835
Scalding Pass* 269 Branch* 2219
Tenal** 91
IMPERIUM PANFAM LEGACY
NPCs 16036 NPCs 5482 NPCs 12912
Delve 9767 Geminate 1468 Paragon Soul 1091
Period Basis 784 The Kalevala Expanse 489 Esoteria 4568
Querius* 2758 Vale of the Silent 1515 Feythabolis 1581
Fountain* 2488 Tribute 760 Omist 909
Outer Ring* 27 Tenal* 1250 Impass 1220
Cloud Ring* 212 Immensea* 1175
Tenerifis* 2368
Winter Co. GOTG
NPCs 7127 NPCs 9534
Detorid 4093 Fade 282
Wiked Creek 1352 Deklein* 2987
Scalding Pass* 432 Branch* 6265
Tenal** 1250
IMPERIUM PANFAM LEGACY Winter Co. GOTG
Total income 35.3T Total income 7.8T Total income 23.1T Total income 10.2T Total income 12.6T
Income per head 727m Income per head 322m Income per head 607m Income per head 572m Income per head 1965m
  • shows regional overlap which I can’t breakdown
    ** shows regional overlap which I have split 50/50

Issues:
Difficulties defining regional splits for Winter Co and GOTG in the north
Not entirely sure on Winter Co and GOTG membership

7 Likes

Things are devalued overnight all the time after patches/announcements. A simple fix would be to have an option to convert any existing t2 you had to their materials, but that would be unnecessary imo.

Poor Panfam members :rofl: literally. Nice to see DeadCo (GotG) recovering quite well.

Divinity and Snuff are not Imperium members.

Snuff absolutely are - Divinity happy to remove

lol no they are not

Is it possible for you to include ProviBlock numbers here? Thx, love your reports!

Initiative and Snuff are cuddle buddies. Initiative are Imperium, therefore Snuff are imperium

That Snuff likes to shoot Goonswarm is an internal issue for them to sort out…

Will try - give me a few

1 Like

thats not how this works at all lol, if Snuff is consistently shooting goonswarm and alliances friendly to goons, you can’t make the claim they are part of the imperium lol, if they were do you think they would be allowed to constantly go after Test supers?

We had this discussion last time around, too. Snuff are absolutely not members of the Imperium. They left the coalition months ago, and even if we do sometimes work together against the Imperium’s enemies, we’re more than happy to shoot them, too.

Yes. TEST isn’t part of the Imperium, either. If, for example, Init wanted to hunt TEST supers, as long as they’re not violating the NIP to do it, I don’t think there’d be an issue. Obviously, though, I’m not a member of Corps Diplomatique.

fair enough, I’m not super well versed in diplomacy either

Here you go (let me know if anything is wrong/missing):

Provi Block
Membership 5161
Curatores Veritatis Alliance 1592
Apocalypse now 1349
Sev3rance 836
Central Omni Galactic Group 523
Care Factor 432
Coalicion Hispana 294
In da ouarp 135
Mining 1260
Providence 1260
NPCs 956
Providence 956
Total income 2.2T
Income per head 429m

Edit: Updated

1 Like

Keep in mind on the provi stuff that doing the ‘per head’ income will be difficult because of the NRDS policies of the region: lots of small groups or individual pilots work in there, too.

1 Like

We did discuss this previously, yet at every major (or attempted) battle since then, Snuff have been alongside Initiative.

As above, that is an internal Imperium issue - I’ll leave them as Imperium as that is what I see in Battle Reports.

If Initiative separate from the Imperium, I’ll happily revisit.

Very true - similar issues also crop up across much of null where entities share (to a degree) regions

1 Like