Monthly Economic Report - May 2019

9aa_services_breakdown

A little later than expected this month, but the Monthly Economic Report for May 2019 is now ready!

The raw data that makes up this report can be downloaded here. (26.80MB)

For deeper understanding of the indices used in the report, please have a look at the following explanations.

Mineral Price Index (MPI)
The Mineral Price Index (MPI) shows the price changes in all eight minerals used to produce ships and other items in EVE. The weight of each mineral in the index changes each month is based on the relative trade values of the previous month.

Primary Producer Price Index (PPPI)
The Primary Producer Price Index consists of manufacturing items used for the production of other manufacturing items at the secondary stage. Manufacturing items used for the production of final consumer goods are excluded. The index includes such item groups as ore, moon materials, planetary commodities, sleeper relics, and items used in invention.

Secondary Producer Price Index (SPPI)
The Secondary Producer Price Index contains production materials and other production items that are used in the manufacturing of consumer goods, i.e. goods included in the Consumer Price Index.

Consumer Price Index (CPI)
The Consumer Price Index measures the overall price changes of consumer products. This is not limited to consumables such as fuel, ammunition or PLEX, but also includes assets such as ships, modules, implants and starbase structures. In summary, anything that is not primarily used to produce other goods is included in the index, which contains over 4000 individual items.

5 Likes

Tin foil hats for sale at .01 ISK below Jita market price! :smirk:

2 Likes

Where is the “Total Botting Income per Region” graph?

5 Likes

region

The total ratting per region is missing in the main MER but its there in the raw data.

It’s now been added - missed it when I was publishing :yum:

5 Likes

Yay! More isk delta means higher plex prices ^.^

1 Like

Here is my May report:

And the short version:

Almost certainly made a bunch of mistakes, but there you go, I’m sure you’ll let me know :slight_smile:

Edited for changes (I looked at the Sov maps…)

3 Likes

Um… wtf happened with the Delta? Two months ago we were -17t, last month we were -51t, and this month 61t isk was added? We were on a good deflation streak and this month we jumped 90 TRILLION?

Total NPC bounty graph is as amusing as ever:

• Branch outratted Delve despite player numbers difference.
  • People in Detorid did manage to keep up and now, as they have claimed much more space, they will be able to spread their dauntless VNIs all over the place to be less (or more) apparent…

Active ISK delta a.k.a GM intervention is strange this month - usually it is a negative number that corresponds with bots being banned but in in this MER it is quite high positive number as if tons of bot or bot-ISK holder accounts got unbanned. It is possible that there is a mistake in MER tho where they(CCP) added the value instead of subtracting it…

Thats called rebound - common occurrence in RL, especially with people trying various diets to “deflate” themselves
:smiling_imp:

1 Like

lmao, well played.

I’m very curious wtf happen with GM actions to add that much isk back in to not only make it a positive number for the month, but a 60t surplus.

I guess the isk delta surplus is due to many people resubbing and reactivating old accounts due to the Imperium going to war

So I was good for the economy - I clone jumped twice and removed 1.8m isk from the economy.

2 Likes

oh nice, there’s a few extra trillion in my wallet this month

Bring
Back
Original
Fozzie
Sov

then lets see how many bots are out there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow everything is being flipped upside down I love it :smiley:

1 Like

CSM elections. Have a look at the isk graph. There is a similar spike every year. People logging every alt back in to vote. @Ms_Steak @Dragos_Highwind Isk delta includes accounts going inactive and becoming active also.

@CCP_Falcon The SPPI is still going up at high velocity. This is having huge impact on T2 prices primarily. Are there any plans to adjust things to influence this.

4 Likes

Removed an off topic post.

Slyce and Tri moved into PanFam. that’s why they moved to the other side of the map this month. Gemini Whale United and Dracarys are in Dead Co too and that may be why your listed per capita for them is so high.

Gemini Whales bot openly and have an insane turnover as a result and that may be pushing it up as well.

So, this was the final month of the full 3-spawns-up-at-a-time-in-HS incursion era, should be interesting to see what happens to that figure in the ISK sinks/faucets graph (10.8 tril in May’s MER) in the coming months. Will it go down due to just one focus up at a time? Or up because all the lapsed incursioners sense the beginning of the end and crowd back in together into one focus with insane amounts of contesting to make as much as possible before it’s too late. Stay tuned!

</lapsed incursioner who still takes part twice a year or so but feels no need to at the moment due to wormhole fun and trying out triglavian invasions mostly>