Monthly Economic Report - April 2019

The Monthly Economic Report for April 2019 is now ready!

The raw data that makes up this report can be downloaded here. (26.50MB)

For deeper understanding of the indices used in the report, please have a look at the following explanations.

Mineral Price Index (MPI)
The Mineral Price Index (MPI) shows the price changes in all eight minerals used to produce ships and other items in EVE. The weight of each mineral in the index changes each month is based on the relative trade values of the previous month.

Primary Producer Price Index (PPPI)
The Primary Producer Price Index consists of manufacturing items used for the production of other manufacturing items at the secondary stage. Manufacturing items used for the production of final consumer goods are excluded. The index includes such item groups as ore, moon materials, planetary commodities, sleeper relics, and items used in invention.

Secondary Producer Price Index (SPPI)
The Secondary Producer Price Index contains production materials and other production items that are used in the manufacturing of consumer goods, i.e. goods included in the Consumer Price Index.

Consumer Price Index (CPI)
The Consumer Price Index measures the overall price changes of consumer products. This is not limited to consumables such as fuel, ammunition or PLEX, but also includes assets such as ships, modules, implants and starbase structures. In summary, anything that is not primarily used to produce other goods is included in the index, which contains over 4000 individual items.

5 Likes

1st.

Wow thatā€™s a first for me also. So, what does this tell us?

That the change in rorqual yield hasnā€™t had a major impact in player habits.

1 Like

Well its a almost 30% reduction, but I guess it will bounce back soon enough when they get 30% more rorq pilots to compensate :wink:

1 Like

Ah I see, so to ā€œcompensateā€ for the ebil doings of one group, next thing you know all of highsec getā€™s punished for being there even more and all highsec citizens will be force-pulled to Delve and be force-enslaved by someone or highsec gets a new form of BlooBB Raider FOBs, just now for every system there will be insta-gank spawn-kill camps on every gate and station.
Moar destruction for the ebil doings in nullā€¦

2 Likes

Right. Itā€™s an almost 30% reduction in resultsā€¦ after a 40% reduction in yield.

That doesnā€™t point to a major change in the habits of players, only in how effective those habits are. And, since everyoneā€™s effectiveness was reduced across the board, those efforts remain just as effective as theyā€™d been, in relation to the rest of the gameā€™s miners.

Thatā€™s a real hard thing to sell in a game where nobody makes you login.

5 Likes

I was entirely agreeing with you that it was useless :smiley:

wasnt it only a 20% reduction in yield? from 100m3 to 80m3

And a change in speed. Total yield per second was impacted by more than just the raw ā€˜your drone will come back after 20% lessā€™.

Happy see a negative isk report for the month, but it only occurred due to GM actions. :confused:

what change in speed? if you mean cycle time that was only for ice excavators and the yield only for ore excavators.

If there was a change to how fast excavators move around in space, then i wasnt aware of that.

That CCP is responsible for global warming. :smirk:

5 Likes

Figure of speech. Isnā€™t that what CCP desperately wants everyone to do?

I love being told what I can and cannot do, it always fares so well. Ah which reminds me, I need to un-subscribe for June.

1 Like

At least the faucet figures are somewhat down. Sadly, destruction is down as well where it should be high.

tells us, nothing has changed seriously in Delve

1/10 of the population, the number of kill npc is 3/4 of Delve
I think they are all superhero

1 Like

Can someone explain to a newbie why region ā€˜Delveā€™?

Would you mind explaining what you mean by highsec getting ā€˜punishedā€™?

Unfortunately, Isk for this month is down but still happy to see that total money supply is still rising

My latest, do note Iā€™ve done this in a hurry so not properly checkedā€¦

Other significant alliances which I have not been able to attribute to one group or another (do please let me know, if you knowā€¦):

Source of region and alliance membership: https://sov.space/
Source of alliance numbers: http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliances

Edits: updates

4 Likes