Monthly Economic Report - January 2018

The Monthly Economic Report for January 2018 is now ready!

The raw data, including the killmail dump, can be found here (23.5 MB).

For deeper understanding of the indices used in the report, please have a look at the following explanations.

Mineral Price Index (MPI)
The Mineral Price Index (MPI) shows the price changes in all eight minerals used to produce ships and other items in EVE. The weight of each mineral in the index changes each month is based on the relative trade values of the previous month.

Primary Producer Price Index (PPPI)
The Primary Producer Price Index consists of manufacturing items used for the production of other manufacturing items at the secondary stage. Manufacturing items used for the production of final consumer goods are excluded. The index includes such item groups as ore, moon materials, planetary commodities, sleeper relics, and items used in invention.

Secondary Producer Price Index (SPPI)
The Secondary Producer Price Index contains production materials and other production items that are used in the manufacturing of consumer goods, i.e. goods included in the Consumer Price Index.

Consumer Price Index (CPI)
The Consumer Price Index measures the overall price changes of consumer products. This is not limited to consumables such as fuel, ammunition or PLEX, but also includes assets such as ships, modules, implants and starbase structures. In summary, anything that is not primarily used to produce other goods is included in the index, which contains over 4000 individual items.

1 Like

Is it just me or can I not see a large version of the graph pictures when I click on them. In the December MER blog it still works.

On the data side: Nice to see a slight uptick in destruction in Delve, quite annoying to see an increase in production at the same time.

1 Like

В папке для скачивания нет графических изображений. Кроме двух прыжковых. Остольные приходится сохронять отдельно и закидывать самому в папку, что не очень удобно. А так за отчет спасибо.

Cannot read numbers but using comparison with other regions last month Goons had a vacation?

Right click an image, open in new tab - this opens the full size version of the image you’re looking to see :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like null bears dont jump gates much…

But why? The old MER only require a simple left click. Is that your idea of website improvement? :slight_smile:

They’re being cloaky camped and get their Rorquals & Excavators blown up (people are paying 10% of the killmail value in bounty). Based on all the whining in local about it I expected a bigger impact :confused:

Kill 1 and 10 more take his place.Just like the imperial guard but without free lasguns and geting eaten by tyranids

first time i look at one of these. kinda sad that Jove is the only chunk of the cluster that doesnt see any carnage. also what the heck is happening in Pure Blind?

Not only did single-click on pictures go away, but we won’t be able to easily compare between months anymore by editing the month in the URL, because of a new unique “/p3j6gs/” article identifier. (I suppose this new organization scheme helps in rare cases where two dev blogs might have the same title.)

Next month, unless this “p3j6gs” is a fixed category code of some kind, we won’t be able to simply change the month in the URL to compare, we will have to back out to the main dev blog page and browse for a previous month.

Fun data to look through, as always!

1 Like

Hiya Falcon

Any chance a developer could verify that a BPC is logged when region jumping as its base value ?

There are trade imbalances that seem improbable given they go back 12 months consistently now.

1 Like

What about null sec ISK printing? Is it fine??

Yeah, people compensate for every nerf with injecting into more or bigger toys to keep the ISK flow. With this in mind the only way out is to introduce income soft caps not being able to overcome by skill injectors, and more risk, e.g. keep ratters scrambled in sites, force them to change systems.

But I doubt CCP actually wants to change anything here, as their goal is to drag more people into the big nullsec groups. CCP depends on groups like Imperium and PanFam for player acquisition and retention, they won’t do something harming this relationship.

@CCP_Falcon thanks for the MER. Can you tell us wether Moon Mining is part of the Mining chart? And are there currently any plans to give Moon Mining its own chart?

Did you guys ever considered a per capita data for Mining and Bounties lets say for TOP 5 null regions ?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.