Monthly Economic Report - January 2019

As a Data Scientist (and software developer) consultant – hit me up if you want me to travel to Iceland and assist in data presentation =)

#shameless-selfpromotion

1 Like

@Tarin Audeles No kidding right?. On top of that I noticed they stop presenting account based information. After doing some digging i found out that eve’s population has dropped from around 65k active players in peak time to 12k. I suspect the claim “eve is dying” now has some credibility to it. Thank God the company got sold, the creative direction of eve is in need of replacement.

@CCP_Falcon

I would like to know when you guys will stop allowing inflation in the game to take place, just to make some more money. This is a serious question. As developers we both know that inflation is a direct result of insufficient game sinks and revenue prevention.

So when will your executive staff stop allowing the abuse for income?

That number is all wrong. Average concurrent users is still around 24k and has been for a few years now.

Inflation is not a major problem right now. CPI has been relatively stable.

1 Like

Any worries that this is primarily due to an increase influx of ore from rorqual and highsec orca mining? The disparity of faucets vs sinks is staggering.

I’m more concerned with ratting income, honestly. Minerals are still a pain in the ass to monetize, and there are lots of opportunities to kill them in transport, which you don’t have with ratting.

4 Likes

You know what would be very nice to know? The amount of ISK value and Item value taken out of EVE due to bans. Since CCP does quarterly ban wave reports now, that would very interesting.

2 Likes

Take the highsec orca out of the equation there. It’s due to rorquals. Orca’s don’t mine more. And when one does get blown up it costs dramatically more ore to replace it than a barge does.

1 Like

I’ll concede that point. HS orcas aren’t putting a dent in the overall ore intake.

That is interesting to note - lemme ask if Team Security can add that to the list of stuff they tell us.

1 Like

You are being deceptive, or you are ignorant. So I will explain this, not for your benefit but to expose the deception of CCP and its volunteer staff.

1. As for

The average online is around 25k.

We can agree upon this for the sake of argument but that is not what is intended by statement “players online”. I will admit I may of added “unique” but i think we all know clearly what was ment.

Now please add to this the rates at which alts exist at. The population holds around 60-65% unique players. This means that your number of 24k i not at all accurate at proving that eves population has remained stable which you are attempting to do by hiding behinding the “online average”.

1. You and I are both well aware that eve has had periods in its path where the active members online was significantly higher population rates, potentially over 2 or 2 and half times the current rate, This means that eve’s current population has dropped to around 30-35% of what it use to be in previous years prior to the incarna crisis.

would you like to admit to the population of eve as an official the game has lost half or more of its population?

Eve is clearly on a downward spiral, but i mention it because the company can reverse it with bold overhauls of current systems (especially that of mining and corporate/alliance sizes).

I’m being neither, and I’m not volunteer staff.

Yes, you were cherry picking a stat to try to make things appear that aren’t actually happening. Player numbers have been stable for a few years now. We’re, at worst, stagnating. We aren’t losing large numbers of players.

We’re not in a downward spiral, and I saw the daily concurrent user numbers among others every day at the summit.

2 Likes

no one said you were, it was mentioned that both paid and unpaid staff peddle this same “were doing great on numbers guys” nonsense. Grand delusion.

I want an answer to the question. Is the population at 30%-35% of what it use to be or not? Please answer “no” so i can post the metric data. Other wise go find something more productive to do then to lie to the player base.

I’d like to know why you are avoiding everyone of the points i made. Was the population at 65k online average before or not?

On that note to anyone who is reading along.

https://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

Please take note of the following

Currently online: 21,709 Health: ok
Max (24h): 29,406 (2019-02-22 19:30:00) Version: 17.02.1462795 - EVE-TRANQUILITY@ccp
Current record: 65,303 (2013-05-05 19:09:04)

Lastly factor in the metric data which ccp “accidently” no longer includes regarding player population rates which state on average that 60-65% of a month is unique players.

You mean the record which CCP got everyone to log every single account they could in in order to set a record, and in no way shape or form ever reflected a normal day? So is meaningless as a data point when attempting to establish any kind of trend.

As for concurrent log ins, the number of accounts a player holds does not indicate how many they play with at any one time. I have 3 accounts at present, yet I virtually never have more than 1 logged in at a time.

This is certainly true for most players that they do not use all the accounts they hold in game at the same time, and given the average accounts per player was under 2 last we knew, it’s reasonable to believe that the concurrent log ins number is mostly unique players. If you have any evidence to the contrary please feel free to produce actual ratio’s of concurrent players to concurrent logins… but I’m betting you have no figures, and no references either.

Yes, the average concurrent accounts logged in is down from EVE’s peak. But if that means death of a game, WoW died about 5 years ago.

2 Likes

The only time we ever hit 65k was during 2013. The numbers before that were less, the numbers now are less, but they’ve been stable.

That the numbers are lower than 2013 is true, but by itself that means nothing.

Incorrect.

All anyone needs to do is load hat graph and sort the top graphic to “all time” and see that this games population has almost always been above 45-50k.

The game is dying and the metric data provided by our powerful bitcoin friend is to thank for winning this argument and exposing false propaganda.

1 Like
  1. 8k
  2. 15k
  3. 22k
  4. 30k
  5. 36k
  6. 40k
  7. 43k
  8. 43k
  9. 42k
  10. 48k
  11. 40k
  12. 33k
  13. 35k
  14. 33k
  15. 33k

One year averaging over 45k.
The last 4 years are a stable average.

One indeed only needs load the graph to know how full of it you are.

P.s. Single peaks are not useful data as above, they don’t show trends at all.

1 Like

Wait did you just admit the population is half of what it was on average?
Thanks. I win.

Upsss

1. OVER 40 k
    • today less than 33 k

BUT at august 2016. alpha clones are introduced alphas and that means even less paid players in that 33 k concurent players …

33 is not half of 48 in most peoples world. You seem to have serious issues with maths, especially with stats.
As for it being lower no one has ever said that concurrent accounts logged in hasn’t dropped. But there is a huge difference between a drop from a temporary peak and a continual downward slide.

I mean this statement is so far off being true it’s not funny. there was only 1 year in that range and no years over 50k. Every single other year was below 45k.

So… You might want to go back, read what you wrote and realise how wrong you have been in your claims.

1 Like