Monthly Economic Report - September 2019

I did read it.
You want to know about nullsec?
Sub Caps don’t get safed by the umbrealls so anything that gets cought by a roaming gang is practically dead.
Caps are targetet by bomber fleets or dread bombs so a poor fit or one ■■■■ up with your cyno and it’s gone.
Given propper preparation it is close to 100% safe to make isk in a Wormhole because you can roll the hole if you don’t like your neigbours - nothing dubious about that statement.

That would be pilot error, not paying attention to intel channels or failing to dock up when a neutral appears in SUPER Local. :wink:

Only if they let you and don’t blap your rollers.

But you’re right, there’s a ton of preparation that needs to be done in order to operate in WHs, a cost that is shared between membership in a way that it simply isn’t in NullSec.

2 Likes

And fair enough - propper PVE ships are not PVP ships, its only fair that they get a reasonable chance to escape and you a loot pinata if they don’t.

Right, spending about 2000 man hours per day to maintain an effective umbrella is practically free and entosis warfare is so much fun :upside_down_face:

Im not the one saying anyone should have a harder time grinding for stuff, just pointing out that if so Nullsec wouldn’t be the place to start with. If anything at all it should be Highsec incursiouns to encourage more people to leave NPC space.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of made up numbers, but in the spirit of dialogue I’ll go along with it:

2,000 people spending 1 hour each is quite a bit different from 200 people spending 10 hours each. Refer to my previous comment about the cost not being shared in NullSec the way it is in WormHoles? There you go.

Personally I don’t care where people play. That’s hardly the point. The game is in sore need of balance for the sake of a healthy ecosystem, not for the sake of encouraging people to play the game your way.

2 Likes

CCP says the accounts drop off after 3 months, but actual analysis of the data indicates 1 month (30d) is more likely. Looking over that Active ISK chart, it’s possible to spot where login and other events to get people back are:

Keep in mind that the dates are in European format, DD/MM/YYYY. As Rhivre explained in her article, if the actual ‘inactive’ lag were 3 months, you’d see a longer lag-time before anything dropped off again. For example:

If there were an actual 3-month lag-time between ‘stop logging in’ and ‘come off the chart’, that would mean that all of the decline in ‘Active Character ISK’ on that chart from July-September actually represents people logging off and not coming back starting in April. And…

We just don’t see that kind of drop in April-June.

Two reasons. The first is the same reason we haven’t been fighting: there is no reason to risk losing our supercapital fleets, and you can’t take space without doing that. The second… frankly, why would anyone risk going out and starting a major war (Legacy/FRT war started pre-Chaos) when at any moment, CCP could completely screw you over? It’s just not worth it. So everyone’s turtling up, waiting for CCP to stop prancing around like idiots, threatening to change the rules on us mid-war w/no warning.

It’s almost like what we objected to was half-assed bullshittery that doesn’t actually fix anything, and warned CCP that no, that didn’t do squat for actually addressing the problems with their faucets and sinks. Shocking.

3 Likes

and thats probably the reason so few really want to live there.
Most people have Jobs and play more ‘casual’ for their enjoyment instead of ‘competitive’ but i’ve never actually heared a wormholer complain they didn’t get rich enough doing wh stuff so i guess it’s a fair ballance of efford to reward as is.

What kind of ‘Ballance’ are you talking about? Thats a blank statement without any meaning. Are Plex prices too low? Ore too expensive?

Well for one, AFK activities. That’s another difference between WH’s and NullSec btw; you won’t find any AFK ratting VNIs or Myrmidons or whatever the FOTM is for low-attention players. People complain about what they percieve of WH safety/ISK, but when combat PvE content is run in WH’s it takes a group (except in C3 and below, but that’s not really where the ISK is coming from anyway), and everyone is actively at their keyboard and coordinating their actions.

Also you have to take into account the availaibility of sites in WHs. A system can sit “fallow” for many days or weeks before enough sites of spawned to run.

At any rate, I’m talking about balance between effort/risk/time/attention and rewards, as well as faucet/sink balance.

2 Likes

Not us. We complain about WHers bitching about null having it ‘safe’ when they go and rat in perfect safety because not only can they functionally close all the ways in, they get an immediate notification if a new wormhole opens.

It ain’t the safety or the profit we object to. It’s the hypocrisy.

2 Likes

NullSeccers get immediate notification of a new player in system - in fact they get the notification even if that system is 10j from where they are.

You just shot your credibility.

Yep. We do. And you know what we can’t do? We can’t close off all the gates. But again, if wormholers want to have reasonably safe ratting and mining after they’ve done the work needed to provide it?

That’s FINE.

Really. Good on them. They did the work. Making ridiculous sums of money in safety after doing the work to make it possible to make ridiculous sums of money in perfect safety is what they should do.

What they shouldn’t do is ■■■■■ about other people making less money per capita, in systems that aren’t as completely locked down, because ‘you’re making too much money in perfect safety’. That’s hypocritical, and it’s that hypocrisy that’s the problem, not the safety or the money.

And if you want to take issue with the use of ‘perfect safety’, then great, but you tell me how it’s unsafe to rat in a system where you’ve critted all the holes, and you just leave your probe scanner open so not only do new WH sigs appear instantly, you get the visual sensor sweep across your whole screen, just in case you missed ‘THERE IS A NEW SIGNATURE IN SYSTEM’.

3 Likes

This occurs because “net exports” includes ships themselves, so as WinterCo started pulling out and evacuating about 10 days ago, their super fleet/capital fleets/subcap fleets extracting count towards the export metric. That, combined with all the other hangar clutter that gets pulled out by people running away to save their stuff, is what produces such a significant amount.

You see the same thing in any region where somebody packs up and leaves and nobody enters with a rough equivalent of “stuff”.

I agree that AFK should not be profitable but that should also adress AFK PVP in the form of cloaky campers.

So you have to roll a couple untill you find a good one and close that off? And it’s easyer if you join a big group like Hard Knocks?
Its not that different after all i guess.

Annyways you’re still not making a clear statement what you think should happen.

Higher Bountys for everyone?

No but you can bubble them and camp them, and you generally have a lot more people available to respond to hostiles.

My topic/comment history is full of what I think. Go check it out sometime. I’m currently working on a post for LowSec balance pass.

Look, I know everyone who doesn’t live out here loves to harp on bubbles, but really, bubbles are not hard for experienced hotdrop pilots to get around. They’re just not. Stealth bombers are fast and cloaky. They roam around more or less with impunity looking for good targets. Once the bomber’s through the bubbles, if it’s a system that’s consistently active and has targets, you covert cyno in a Force Recon, who stays logged off in the system for a few days, and cynos in the dread bomb more or less at will.

1 Like

Interdiction nullification and cynos…
Really the difference is you put in some effort ahead of time while we have to be able to react at any point in time.
We have higher numbers but also more than two or three solar systems to manage at any one time.
We can’t hide so we have to be strong.

Nullified, Cloaky T3C w/a covert cyno, yeah. You can get the Force Recon in that way, too.

And you can allways place a cyno somewhere to log in when needed since the map doesn’t change.

1 Like

Yep. That’s what you do with the Recon. You just leave it there for a few days, a few weeks, whatever. I left a Proteus in [REDACTED] for something like six months, just in case, before the changes.

C’mon, I even said “BO was effective, but not fair or good gameplay. However, it is clear that NS bounties need to effectively, but fairly, reduced.” ; a reasonable opinion to have for most people. Did you perhaps conflate two issues being raised lately: NS bounty payouts and BO in general? Having that huge ISK faucet without a close to equal ISK drain through ship loss et al makes those graphs telling. The game economically just cannot healthily maintain the status quo. To those other people saying that HS Abyss and Incursion payouts need to be reduced to force people out into NS, the MER doesn’t support your viewpoint.

Nope. Just agreeing that BO wasn’t the way to address the bounties and other faucets. They need real changes, not feeble flailing. As I’ve said in other threads, the right way to balance it out is to increase destruction. And that means war. And that means fundamentally shattering the mountain of dung that is supercapital balance right now.