Mouse flickering

I have some annoying mouse flicker when I play. I’m on Kubuntu 18.04, nvidia card with nvidia’s drivers. Basically as I move the mouse the cursor flickers in and out of visibility. When I click, it stays visible. When the cursor is still, it’s visible. It’s only when moving that it’s a problem. Makes it difficult to finely target stuff though.

Any idea what might cause this, and how to fix it?

Same issue on OSX Catalina. iMac Retina

Interestingly, I have just played with the settings and when putting it into full screen mode it works fine and set the resolution to 5K

After being on hiatus for several years, I, too notice extreme flickering on my display making my experience far to much work to track the cursor. My system is macOS Catalina 10.15.6 with an LG UltraFine Display (5K)

I have tried a variety of window settings and interval settings to no avail. Considering that I see a long history of this complaint going back several years, I am surprised the dev team hasn’t a page up on specific guidance. Or maybe there is and I just don’t know where it is.

Could use some help here…

Yes, this is very annoying. I’m on OSX Catalina, and this happens on the external 4k screen. When I move windowed clients to the laptop’s own screen, flickering disappears. If you want to use fullscreen mode on the external screen, the pointer will flicker if the resolution is set larger than 2560 x 1440. Also the only option when using two simultaneous clients is to have both clients in the laptop’s own screen. I also tried mirroring the screen, but flickering still occurs.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.