N+1 as a core mechanic sucks

God this is hilarious.

2 Likes

This all you got bro?

Its just sad to see. Two threads, all salt and crying.

Also real people with real hole control live in Pochven :smiley:

I genuinely canā€™t tell whether the OP is a false-flag operator or not.

Signs are pointing to ā€œyesā€ all around, but Iā€™m going to choose to not believe it because that way Iā€™m probably going to get really disappointed, and as we all know, proper hole control and disappointment go really well together.

2 Likes

JFC, I cackled. I mean at least OP has made me giggle a ton in the past hour.

Maybe they should nerf groups, so that antisocial singlebears can compete with multiple opponents within a multiplayer game.

Letā€™s say you have ten people in your alliance - they can only be online for 30 minutes per day, and then they are automatically disconnected. Furthermore, in total, they can only be online for a collective maximum of 2 hours per day. In addition, fleet size should be capped at 1 person per fleet, with a maximum of 1 person per alliance per server. Furthermore, groups should have to share wallets and assets, but their total combined income cannot exceed the typical income of an individual player.

Maybe they could introduce a tax of 2 billion isk per month per player, which would discourage alliance recruitment?

This would help singlebears compete against larger groups.

Also, VERY IMPORTANT, daily login awards need to be refactored and awarded on a PER ALLIANCE/COALITION level - itā€™s unfair plane that a group of 1100,000,000 people gets 1100,000,000 free atron blueprints, and a single player only gets 1. CCPLEASE.

I do find it sad that player play eve on their own . Saying that eve is a sand box and we can do whatever we want .
Filled with many ass hats itā€™s no surprising that many fly solo in eve , with backstabbers and spies all around .

But like I said before this game is about people power and with people power new Eden will burn.

Why? Group play is easy mode anyway.

Which means that the more of us solo the longer New Eden will exist?

I only ment that I enjoy eve group stuff more than solo, I think itā€™s because Iā€™ve found a good group to fly with, and I know others donā€™t feel the same .

Thats fair. Some of us dont get the choice, so we learn to live with what we have.

1 Like

Itā€™s not a mechanic, itā€™s basic mathematics and common sense. Itā€™s about winning battles not about being fair. Skill is a big factor and it can shift the balance in an engagement both ways.

One of the things I really like about this game is that new players can fight in T1 ships against more experienced and skilful opponents and win engagements but in order to do this they need to lean more heavily on the principle of N+1 or in other words bring more people than your opponents.

2 Likes

Worth repeating.

2 Likes

No hole control?

Adult diapers are your friend.

2 Likes

Wb Jonah!

All true, yet snarky, so to put it more constructively and offer some solutions:

thereā€™s a couple crucial game mechanics in EVE where all players are still equal. They are Dscan and Local. Combine with 3rd party tools (such as Zkill) and it is possible to choose your engagement almost all the time, even as a new, solo player with only a few points and a novice ship.

As often as newbies complain about being hopelessly outgunned, roaming gangs complain about wasting whole game days, not being able to catch nice ships and only getting massive response fleets from null blocs that they can only run from, or commit suicide by.

The smaller fish that survive the game long enough, simply maintain awareness of their surroundings and are getting away from bigger fish. Reading the environment and assessing threats quickly all comes down to pure player skill and experience. The real game starts, before a fight (or slaughter) starts.

Best chance to experience space bushido: novice frigates. These are so cheap that many players donā€™t mind losing them, so more players are willing to risk getting into an even fight with them. Here it becomes the responsibility of the players to run away from bigger threats, while piloting a ship that other players are willing and able to engage solo.

Best way to hunt: use bait or gate camp. Donā€™t just waste corp playersā€™ time roaming around without a plan.

The game is flawed, but this is how you can make it work. The alternative is: donā€™t play MMOs.

1 Like

So I guess numbers arenā€™t everything if you are better organized and better skilledā€¦

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.